PDA

View Full Version : How very strange....

joncushing
Oct 29, 2003, 07:12 PM
I was doing a run through ultimate caves with my FOmar and in caves 3 i got to a room with a blue slime in it, i thought no big deal, ill just rafoie it to death. I used rafoie on it and it split, i thought slimes only split when you use ice attacks. Either way i used rafoie again and it split yet again! But it split into a red slime http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif which was cool. After that it didnt split anymore when i used rafoie and the red slime didnt give me a rare either, cheapo slime! Has this happened to anyone else??? Why would the slime split when i rafoie-ed it???

shifter
Oct 29, 2003, 08:17 PM
its been happening to me too, but with zonde. i got my fonewearl, and im at caves 2. so i clear everything in the room except for the slime. i hit with zonde(lvl6 on norm.), and it split. ithought it was a fluke, so i hit again, and it happened again. really weird.

opaopajr
Oct 30, 2003, 03:50 PM
the slime can split with any Ra-magic attack if it's strong enough. it just doesn't do it all the time. it can split with grants even. but not megid, naturally http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

grants is good if you want to get rid of the slime fast because it can get rid of that extra HP. But to prevent splitting I suggest a powerful simple tech followed by grants. Or if you grants is fast enough just go for the double grants before the slime deforms into a pool again. So you might get another slime by splitting, more Exp and a chance to see a red slime.

ps: if you really want the slime gone hit it only with special attack from Hell weapons. this way it won't register a hit and deform until a good death attack connects. 95% death rate if special connects (sometimes you deal critical damage and no death trigger, weird...) But fast way to get rid of slimes.

Nohra
Oct 30, 2003, 03:57 PM
Ranged weapons always miss with the special attack unless they connect with a shot (freeze, paralysis, instant death, what have you). Melee weapons (any special), if they miss, still have a chance to do damage (it's roughly half-damage of a normal attack, usually). Critical hits can still apply to that, I do believe.