PDA

View Full Version : Disc problems

Tosh
Feb 19, 2001, 06:05 AM
Hello all. I have over 155+ hrs into my character, she is currently level 96. I am experiencing problems with the game disc. I have no idea why. Anyhow, here is the question. If I purchase another copy of the game, can I use my old serial number so I do not lose my character?

Any info will be appreciated. Thanks

Anonymous
Feb 19, 2001, 06:08 AM
What problems are you talking about? Also, if it comes down to having to buy another disk, try and find one used, because you won't need it's serial, yours will work just fine, it'll be just like you were still using your original cd, the serial isn't embedded in the cd at all.

KarnaJ
Feb 19, 2001, 06:10 AM
Hmm, that was me, now how did I get logged out? I can't even FIND a logout button, stupid ie must've deleted my cookie.

Tosh
Feb 19, 2001, 06:12 AM
Thanks. The problems are this: When I power up the DC, sometimes the title screen will not even come up. Other times, I can get the title to come up but when I go into on or offline mode it stalls at the loading screen (does not bring up the "now dialing" screen in online.. just the part where you can play with the lights). So it has nothing to do with the disc itself? Just the DC and the VMU? Thanks again.

Tosh
Feb 19, 2001, 06:13 AM
ADDITION:: So I can keep my current character?

KarnaJ
Feb 19, 2001, 10:08 AM
If you have to get a new disc, then yes, you can keep your same character. I dunno, I think I'd just keep trying til it worked and save the $50, could just be me. For some reason, my pso won't start at all about 90% of the time, it just goes to the main dreamcast menu, but if I open and shut the lid anywhere from 1 to 10 times, it'll work. Then again, I've had the dc since it came out, and it's been on for well over 3/4ths of that time, so it could just be my dc's worn out. Here's an idea, assuming your disc isn't scratched and that's the problem in the first place. Buy pso at your local eb, take it home, make sure the new cd works, switch cd's, bring it back and complain that it doesn't work in your dreamcast, several people are having this problem, and as long as you leave the serial number sticker still in the new case they'll take it back.

Anonymous
Feb 19, 2001, 03:40 PM
I've had the same problem, burned two rings around the PSO game on both disc's. But i was one step ahead and bought another, switched cd's, and returned it. but this is getting expensive and time consuming. I'm just thinking about downloading a backup of an american PSO and playing with that one. I'ts worth a shot.

segagameplay
Feb 20, 2001, 04:28 AM
No way to do it sorry!

segagameplay
Feb 20, 2001, 04:28 AM
No way to do it sorry!