PDA

View Full Version : I've got a bone to pick with the Ragol Ring guide(s)

AUTO_
Oct 29, 2003, 11:13 PM
OK...

Someone who has SUCCESSFULLY beaten SoTH and obtained the Ragol Ring needs to seriously help me out.

I did everything the guide said to do, and I have a few questions about the guide (the PSOW one).

#1. The guide says that in order for Kireek to accompany you to the Control Tower you have to answer the questions all correctly. The guide has answers to 8 questions during the quest--when I only encounter 7 during the quest (I think jumping off the ledge is question #7--the last one).

#2. WHEN do you FIRST know that Kireek and Sue are in the SoTH quest? I have seen a pic from some other PSO related site and it shows the Chief talking to Sue/Kireek and tells them to "Watch them" or something along those lines. When do you actually KNOW Kireek/Sue are in the quest?

Is it before the second half of the quest (before you save)? Is it right after you beat the dragon ?

#3. The guide contradicts itself when it says that in order to get the ring, you must hit only the correct computers. Later in the guide, it says in order to get the Ring, you must only DESTROY the correct computers.

Which is it? Have Elly de-activate them or just shoot the living beajeesus out of them?

#4. When the game says Kireek joins you at the CT, where does Elly go? Is she gone when you get back from activating the gate? Is KIREEK there waiting for you?

#5. WHERE and WHO says the 8th question during the quest? Is there even an 8th question or is that an error?

Thank you and pass the Tylenol.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Soukosa
Oct 29, 2003, 11:21 PM
#2. WHEN do you FIRST know that Kireek and Sue are in the SoTH quest? I have seen a pic from some other PSO related site and it shows the Chief talking to Sue/Kireek and tells them to "Watch them" or something along those lines. When do you actually KNOW Kireek/Sue are in the quest?

Is it before the second half of the quest (before you save)? Is it right after you beat the dragon ?

If I remember correctly, you'll see her talk to them around the time you start in VR Temple.

#3. The guide contradicts itself when it says that in order to get the ring, you must hit only the correct computers. Later in the guide, it says in order to get the Ring, you must only DESTROY the correct computers.

Which is it? Have Elly de-activate them or just shoot the living beajeesus out of them?

You have to be with Kireek, I believe, and you can only touch the correct ones (I destroyed them).

#4. When the game says Kireek joins you at the CT, where does Elly go? Is she gone when you get back from activating the gate? Is KIREEK there waiting for you?

She stays with Sue and later shows up on the beach where you get the Ragol Ring.

And a word of caution, make sure you have an empty place in your inventory before you talk to Elly or you won't get the ring. I found that out the hard way.

Proto_Coyote
Oct 30, 2003, 12:32 AM
Well I wrote an edited version of the guide, but it was never posted....

AUTO_
Oct 30, 2003, 02:56 AM
Do you know about the 8th question? Is that just an error in the guide?

Bolongo
Oct 30, 2003, 04:06 AM
I'm working toward getting the Ragol Ring myself. Haven't done SotH yet, but all the other steps leading up to it, and I've gotten the alternate ending to Soul of Steel, which supposedly tells me I'm on track.

Here's my beef: the guide says that Bernie appears in Retired Hunter, and if you miss him you're screwed.

But he's not there! I can swear to it.

SpriteGreenill
Oct 30, 2003, 04:20 AM
Check my post in the Site Related forum. Topic name is Seat of the Heart Guide

Looks like I was ignored too. You got to tell bernie about sue, and ask sue what her purpose is. (i forgot to mention those

Malkavian
Oct 30, 2003, 10:35 AM
Is sad... but you haven't done the offline quests correctly. You can't get ragol ring with that character in that difficulty.

The 8th question only appears if you encounter Sue and Kireek

DAmien_SE
Oct 30, 2003, 10:56 AM
I just wonder..is it 100% sure that you can?t get the RAGOL RING if you have completed all the quest and didn?t tell Sue your name? I mean can?t you just replay it?

Malkavian
Oct 30, 2003, 12:14 PM
On 2003-10-30 07:56, DAmien_SE wrote:
I just wonder..is it 100% sure that you can?t get the RAGOL RING if you have completed all the quest and didn?t tell Sue your name? I mean can?t you just replay it?

No. And if you steart Seat of the Heart and Sue and Kireek doesn't appear when you start in temple you can't get in that difficulty with that character. Except one condition.

The offline quests that have sue bernie subplot aren't done yet.

DAmien_SE
Oct 30, 2003, 12:27 PM
Hm! So you canīt just replay the quests when you have cleared all the quest and then do the Sue/Bernie subplot to get them to appear?

OriginalLacan
Oct 30, 2003, 02:54 PM
I wouldn't stress too much if you absolutely can't get the ragol ring. I busted my ass meeting all the conditions to get it on the first night it was out, just to find that when I did finally get it, its pretty much useless. If you die while it's equipped, it disappears, so chances are most people won't be using it very much. It's pretty much just a pretty museum piece only really valuable to collectors.

AUTO_
Oct 30, 2003, 06:16 PM
Well I see that I must have botched the offline subquests, but I...I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHERE!!! O_o

I can swear on my life I did everything the guide said to, and Kireek and Sue never showed up.

OriginalLacan
Oct 30, 2003, 06:43 PM
nope, if you have completed all of the offline quests so that you can redo the sue/bernie quests, then you will not be able to get the ragol ring with that character on that difficulty.