PDA

View Full Version : Am i wrong ?

ThaRealest
Oct 30, 2003, 04:32 PM
I am fairly new to pso and i dont really like how all of the hacking has changed the game. Well any way , i was on pioneer 2 when this racaseal came along.. He swore i was a duper cuz i gave him four monogrinders..Then he was telling me that he was a duper and if i let him dupe all my weps he would let me dupe his. So i said "ok you give first" and like a dumbass he did...he gave me 4 hacked sato mags, and like 10 hacked weps.. so i told him to go get me a monomate from the bank after he game me the weps. Well while he was on his way to the shop i put his shit in my bank and hauled ass to the lobby ith out duping for him..
p.s. i dont know how to dupe..

Celestial
Oct 30, 2003, 04:35 PM
yes and no....

yes it is bad to steal... even from a duper

no, becuase if supposedly he/she is a duper he can dupe them agian...

so there >_>

Nohra
Oct 30, 2003, 04:35 PM
...I could say many things, but I'll just pass.

ThaRealest
Oct 30, 2003, 04:37 PM
yea he can dupe....but i think they were his personal weps ...dont think he had any copies...it was just my 1 and only strike against hackers for messing the game up...if the damn game was meant for duping they would have added it...soon enough we will be gettin pkd again...

Nohra
Oct 30, 2003, 04:40 PM
A lot of the 'duped' items on PSO are actually massduped. The difference?

Well, let's put it this way. How many of you have a 100/100/0/0/55 Holy Ray +40?
That's a massdupe. (Another example would be the hacked white Sato, 5/195/0/0)

A dupe is an item that someone makes one or two copies of for friends.

RicoRoyal
Oct 30, 2003, 05:11 PM
Oh my god, I can't believe you had the guts (or blatant disregard for this person's feelings) to do that. That was wrong, very very wrong.... or was it. I suppose this is one of those fight evil with evil things. Its hard to say how I feel about this other than... that was soo dammnnn awesome of you(now dont do it again)!!! Genius... pure genius...(goes online to try same thing out)

ThaRealest
Oct 30, 2003, 05:24 PM
hahah good 1 eh?

darthsaber9x9
Oct 30, 2003, 06:15 PM
i can almost pretty much 100% guarantee(dont bitch about my use of words there) that he has other copies of them items. WHat are the %'s and names of the items?

steppenwolf
Oct 30, 2003, 07:01 PM
Irregardless, you deceived him and took his items. Funny how he showed trust in the legit player, and the legit ripped him off. See the picture? Is it OK to cheapen ones values to show up a duper?

RicoRoyal
Oct 30, 2003, 07:58 PM
On 2003-10-30 16:01, steppenwolf wrote:
Irregardless, you deceived him and took his items. Funny how he showed trust in the legit player, and the legit ripped him off. See the picture? Is it OK to cheapen ones values to show up a duper?

Your putting too much thought into what he did. The moral of the story is that it was freaking hilarious... well at least for one of the persons involved. Bruahahahaha!

ThaRealest
Oct 30, 2003, 09:14 PM
yea...i am still laughing at it...W00t W00t for the legits..

DOG21313
Oct 30, 2003, 11:03 PM
I remember running into a game where dupers were doing a ground trade, running up and picking up the sange and the yasha that were on the ground, (separate) combining them, then selling them and dropping the meseta at the dupers feet.

What? I like combining items! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nohra
Oct 30, 2003, 11:06 PM
The item combination noise is the single greatest noise PSO has to offer. >D

Superguppie
Oct 31, 2003, 03:10 AM
This is like stealing from a thief. It makes you a thief too. The fact that the victim is a thief does not change that.
Bad acts from someone else do not warrant bad acts by others.

AngelAlys
Oct 31, 2003, 03:33 AM
Two wrongs dont make a right... but they do make for great comedy!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Caecilius
Oct 31, 2003, 10:29 AM
Here's my personal opinion: at least that idiot won't trust people he doesn't know from now on.

If I duped I'd do it myself and not allow others to steal from me like that. I'm just a litle bit overprotective of my belongings unless I can get more of them...

CASE IN POINT, a guy wanted a Yasha from me recently. Knowing that I had a few Yashas, me being the type to accept duped items, I gave him one. Then he started pestering me for all the rare stuff which I take a lot of pride in, such as my Berdysh. I said no, and he literally had a tantrum in my face when I also told him that if he really wants a Berdysh he should ask someone willing to part with it.

The moral is, don't ask if it's inevitable that you'll get a refusal.

Nohra
Oct 31, 2003, 01:08 PM
CASE IN POINT, a guy wanted a Yasha from me recently. Knowing that I had a few Yashas, me being the type to accept duped items, I gave him one. Then he started pestering me for all the rare stuff which I take a lot of pride in, such as my Berdysh. I said no, and he literally had a tantrum in my face when I also told him that if he really wants a Berdysh he should ask someone willing to part with it.

The moral is, don't ask if it's inevitable that you'll get a refusal.

I think it's funny that people take so much in PSO as a god-given right. When I say that I dupe and oh, hey, I just so HAPPEN to have a BKB (or three, as the case is), I suddenly get pestered like hell by HUmars. Or when people assume that because they've joined your game, you're instantly going to drop a telepipe... (I mean, I wait until I'm -asked- so I can drop a pipe that they -know- is current and they can go to the tool shop or whatever before hand)

heyf00L
Oct 31, 2003, 02:54 PM
I've stolen from dupers before. It's like taking candy from a baby, except the baby has an infinate suply of candy right next to him.

DOG21313
Nov 1, 2003, 12:22 AM
On 2003-10-31 00:33, AngelAlys wrote:
Two wrongs dont make a right... but they do make for great comedy!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

exactly... and I believe I heard someone up further say that its the greatest sound... Yup, and I like the animation too! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nohra
Nov 1, 2003, 12:23 AM
Can't wait until I hit level 154 so I can hear it again when I make Lafuteria. XD

GuerillaPimp
Nov 1, 2003, 04:29 PM
the saying "no honor amongst theives" comes to mind here...

Kaos-Bringer-
Nov 3, 2003, 03:42 PM
ok my thoughts!!... if i was the guy... and had earned those... yes i would be pissed... but duped crap... who cares.. its duped... you did good man... you did good... lol... now you dont have to beg for a duped item or something lol

KaFKa
Nov 3, 2003, 05:13 PM
hahah, i think this si funny not because u hardcore jacked from one of those duping pussies, (personal feelings, obviously) but because the moron trusted someone... not just someone that he didnt know, which is funny in its own right, just the fact that he trusted someone he didnt know offline. i mean, yeah im in a team and all, but if you dont know em personally, u dont drop teh' good stuff u have. (cuz if they jack from you, u cant just go over to their house and smack em' around) lol, ok. im done. have fun tearing this post apart!

Anubis_
Nov 3, 2003, 05:36 PM
i believe what was previously said in this thread many time.. two wrongs.. do not make a right..

If u stole that make u wrong too.. but he dupped something which is like stealing too.. ..

lol.. dont u just love vigilante justice.. Ah the eternal struggle between legits and duppers.. its enough to make you wanna cry.. or piss on your self laughing..

If you realy think about it, nothing is realy secure anymore.. their are even risks within tradeing.. it isnt hard to trade steal.. and some duppers are experienced hackers that really could give you a hard time..

I believe the majority of us have been hit buy hackers on PSO and tip our hats just slightly..

Its like stealing from a crack head and putting his stash under ur matress.. Sure hes just a crack head.. but u should hv thrown the smack away.. not put it in the bank..

Kent
Nov 3, 2003, 08:44 PM
Stealing is wrong, but not if it's from dupers or hackers. Duping is wrong, and the people who do it need to be banned from online play.

RicoRoyal
Nov 3, 2003, 11:36 PM
This post has lingered around for too long now. It's time to stop posting. We all had a great laugh at the tremendous amount of dark humor this case brings about. LOL, etc. etc. Great job again (20000 [out of 10] points for creativity) for doing what you did, TheRealist. Now stop it before it becomes a habit and you just piss off the dupers who would just take this opportunity to become martyrs (which they will nevvveerr be IMO).

_KemiKal_
Nov 4, 2003, 11:45 AM
stealing items isnt much better then duping.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _KemiKal_ on 2003-11-04 08:48 ]</font>

Buuyon
Nov 4, 2003, 12:35 PM
On 2003-10-30 13:32, ThaRealest wrote:
I am fairly new to pso and i dont really like how all of the hacking has changed the game. Well any way , i was on pioneer 2 when this racaseal came along.. He swore i was a duper cuz i gave him four monogrinders..Then he was telling me that he was a duper and if i let him dupe all my weps he would let me dupe his. So i said "ok you give first" and like a dumbass he did...he gave me 4 hacked sato mags, and like 10 hacked weps.. so i told him to go get me a monomate from the bank after he game me the weps. Well while he was on his way to the shop i put his shit in my bank and hauled ass to the lobby ith out duping for him..
p.s. i dont know how to dupe..

if there was an ultimate noob...i think we found him...OBVIUSLY HE HAD COPYS...HE WAS DOIGN THE SAME TO YOU!!! did none of you pick that up? are you guys really that dense...think guys think!

Hikara
Nov 4, 2003, 12:41 PM
Duping just sucks. Best thing to say... get a GC, where duping has become illegal and against the law by Sega and Sonic Team. Works for me!

Buuyon
Nov 4, 2003, 12:55 PM
sega and ST dont stop dupers/hackers...

FeVer
Nov 4, 2003, 05:25 PM
Well I can't say that that is right, but i can't say its wrong either, and it is possible that he was also a legit, trying to just steal your items... Its happened to me, but in a diffenent scenario, because I was giveing items to low lvls, and a guy came in, and stole them, saying that he would dupe them, and give them to the low lvls, and the lowlvls said they didn't care, and i didn't care, because they were going to be the lowlvl's items anyway, but the guy didn't coe back, so i gave the widdle lowlvls some different, and better items, and sent them on their merry way...

But anyway, if the guy was a duper, and not a scammer(pardon my habbohotel, and cokemusic word usage) he probibly does have more then one copy, because he, like me (probibly has another character used to store all of his stuff, so he like doesn't fill his bank.