PDA

View Full Version : hmmm i need party help!

darthsaber9x9
Oct 30, 2003, 06:37 PM
ok heres the deal: im in my final year of compulsory education and at teh end of the year we have a big party like thing(arranged by the staff). This year they want our ideas and we dont really have anything. So they suggested a prom.....BORING. so basically does anyone have any ideas for a good end of year event? it has to be do-able! and please serious suggestions only. It could be a bit mad but if it could realistically be done(without needing much alcohol lol) the go ahead! im looking forward to your ideas!

Kizaragu
Oct 30, 2003, 06:41 PM
I know you don't want a Prom, but how about something similar but less formal?
For example, pretty much a party party! No need for suits and has Rock music playing throughout.
The best ideas are the simple ones.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kizaragu on 2003-10-30 15:42 ]</font>

darthsaber9x9
Oct 30, 2003, 06:46 PM
yeah we had stuff liek that. But the problem lies in getting music that almost everyone out of 200 people likes.No doubt all the townies or all the mettlers/grungers (or eveyrone lol) would just leave if the music sucked. We dont have many loose girls.... we are tryign to keep it simple but still none can think of anything. or be bothered to try

Kizaragu
Oct 30, 2003, 07:17 PM
I personally don't know what else to suggest. At school it was so hard finding something to do everyone wanted. :
Come on guys! Give him some ideas!

s.TiNgEr
Oct 30, 2003, 07:21 PM
pool.party.

darthsaber9x9
Oct 30, 2003, 07:24 PM
lol. that might be possible. but i dunno if everyone is erm...confident enough for that lol. o well betta break out the weights just in case. lol. cheers for the ideas!(i was a....no, nevermind)

Shattered_weasel
Oct 30, 2003, 08:11 PM
OK proms arnt always the fun things....its the after partys.

s.TiNgEr
Oct 30, 2003, 08:13 PM
get the little rich kid to supply

NKOTB
Oct 30, 2003, 11:16 PM
Mix in a cooler:

2 fifths Everclear
3 Gallons Tropical Punch Kool-Aid
I can each mandarin orange & pineapple chunks
1 8 lb bag of ice (right before party starts)

The above = fun party
serves probably 20 people

Guile
Oct 30, 2003, 11:40 PM
No booze? No party.
I dunno, my highschool end of the year was a Disneyland all night thing, but thats due to the fact I live in California.

Hikara
Oct 30, 2003, 11:40 PM
A non-formal prom? Isn't that Morp? Or is Morp only a Utah thing...

Abaddon
Oct 31, 2003, 02:54 AM
I agree with the toned down formal idea. By that time most people wouldnt give a rats about music. they would want something to move to, or just have a dress up thing...i dont know. the end of year party will only be as fun as your year level makes it out to be. they usually end up as a good time for all anyway. I just had mind and it was a blast. Just a simple dress-up day was enough to bring us all together.

Zaneatron
Oct 31, 2003, 09:36 AM
our prom was ok. it was formal as well and pretty fun. the solution to music is make it cheesy. golden oldies. s club 7 (hahahaha) sorry, but also splice in some newer stuff. thats how it worked at out prom smells like teen spirit was great, but some townies joined in and kinda ruined it for me. but then i had the after party, e.g. hosted. it was cool. i didnt drink much cos i had responsibilities to attend to. but then you can play what you want and tell anyone else to fuck off if they want something different.
make it eccentric, and funny. dont be too serious. and get a DJ, dont do the music yourself then it will be crap, cos dj's come with lights and crap as well.

darthsaber9x9
Oct 31, 2003, 12:33 PM
yeah i dunno how much booze we will be allowed. Our year is pretty crappy as well in terms of people. and most people think the proms gunan b like "will you go with me?" type scenario. ah wel...guess i gotta face the inevitable ^_^

Zaneatron
Oct 31, 2003, 12:45 PM
just go in a big group. turn up in a limo. and bust a move on the dance floor, thats how it usually works?

Delsaber
Nov 2, 2003, 07:37 PM
Streaking party. Why not? It would be fun, wouldn't it? If streaking is not your thing then try just a party-party. Have a variaty of music so everyone gets something they like. If they leave anyway then screw them, they are lamers anyway.

hollowtip
Nov 3, 2003, 05:53 AM
Liquid Cocaine Shots

1/2 oz Bacardi 151 Proof Rum
1/2 oz Goldschlager
1/2 oz Jagermeister

Have someone mix this with a cocktail shaker and serve to your guests. goes down smooth and 4 shots will do you in good.

Didn't read the post, so if alcohol isn't allowed, you might as well not have a party in my opinion.