PDA

View Full Version : Kokekirby's Helpful way to get more fun out of PSO without b

Aunt_Betty
Oct 30, 2003, 09:50 PM
-When fighting a boss and somebody dies (that you don't mind reviving) revive them and DO NOT ATTACK! The reason of this is because , if the boss dies, the person who died wouldn't get EXP.

-If you have a rare that none of your other characters wouldn't use give it to a person who could use it.

-If you see a person with someting that you desire , don't continusly nag for them to dupe it. Just ask once and if they say no try making a trade with them.

-Use a plan to kill enemies. This seems to be more fun and the plan usually works.

-If a person doesn't want to go in the boss teleporter leave without them.

-In battle mode (and defently Forest) PLEASE don't go to places where you can cast techniques without being in the same room. This gets annoying and dishonest.

-And dupes and hacks: Choose the way you play because I don't care.

Dhylec
Oct 31, 2003, 02:14 AM
haha how about don't hog exp? or..
don't kill all enemies by yourself in 2 secs?
'you are not the only hero!' http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

RFB
Oct 31, 2003, 02:33 AM
How about:

-If you enter a game and they ask you politely to leave, dont act like a moron and leave, there's no sense in insulting them just because they dont want to play with anyone else or because they're waiting a friend or whatever.

-In case a moron enters your game and you dont get to get rid of him/her, just send guild card to the people in the game and create a passworded game.

-If you're one of those morons, screw you.

Kupi
Oct 31, 2003, 05:35 PM
Um... tell me, how is leaving without someone who doesn't yet want to go into the boss teleport not rude? They might just want to stock up on items or clear the rest of the map. =/

SpyroDi
Oct 31, 2003, 06:36 PM
On 2003-10-30 18:50, Kokekirby wrote:
-When fighting a boss and somebody dies (that you don't mind reviving) revive them and DO NOT ATTACK! The reason of this is because , if the boss dies, the person who died wouldn't get EXP.

Actually,this is not true,as long as the person touched the boss once,they still get the experience.

Nei3rd
Nov 1, 2003, 12:06 PM
-Give out stuff you hardly use. Last night I gave away my Red Saber+75 to a lvl 24 HUmar. Why? Because of a thing called Good Dharma. I know you all may be thinking "It should be "Good Karma"! N00B!". But I was schooled in this. Unless my teacher was lying and trying to come off as knowledgable.

-Sing. Thats right. Instead of blasting your silly heavy metal music that Satan oh so adores, sing it. But not loudly. Do it around friends.

-If you have a high lvl character and everyone is lower that you, become their meat sheild.

-Quote the bible before whomping a boss's arse. People who do this have obtain a large boost in the "Awesomness" stat. More points if the ending is in Latin.

About the whole heavy metal part, I was kidding. Don't go off on a tangent.

Butoden
Nov 1, 2003, 02:05 PM
Basically this is a thread to make PSO more interesting or maybe less-boring...

-Try circeling around every opponent 3 times before finishing them off

(good if you're bored or with a n00b-friend http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

donutmantono
Nov 1, 2003, 02:32 PM
On 2003-10-31 15:36, SpyroDi wrote:

On 2003-10-30 18:50, Kokekirby wrote:

Actually,this is not true,as long as the person touched the boss once,they still get the experience.

while you are dead you do not get exp for a killed enemy...no matter how many times you hit them you have be alive to get exp...

PaleKid15
Nov 1, 2003, 03:17 PM
I find that going back to normal can be quite fun. My 122 fonewearl went back and slaughtered everthing. A nice change of pace after praying that your megid kills the delbiters and morfos and everything else in Ulti-Multi Seabed. It's quite hillarious to see an unarmed Fonewearl melee the dragon.

darthsaber9x9
Nov 1, 2003, 04:16 PM
On 2003-11-01 09:06, Nei3rd wrote:
-Give out stuff you hardly use. Last night I gave away my Red Saber+75 to a lvl 24 HUmar. Why? Because of a thing called Good Dharma. I know you all may be thinking "It should be "Good Karma"! N00B!". But I was schooled in this. Unless my teacher was lying and trying to come off as knowledgable.

-If you have a high lvl character and everyone is lower that you, become their meat sheild.

sorry, but these two things you shouldnt do. because it ruins part of the fun if you give a low level guy high level stuff. and if you become a meat shield for newbies, they they dont learn how to play the game.

darthsaber9x9
Nov 1, 2003, 04:19 PM
On 2003-10-31 14:35, Kupi wrote:
Um... tell me, how is leaving without someone who doesn't yet want to go into the boss teleport not rude? They might just want to stock up on items or clear the rest of the map. =/

ok part 2( cuz im dumb and cant multi-quote ^_^) yeah this guy has it right. but if someone just doesn't enter and doesn't say why then well, tough shi...nuts

Ketchup345
Nov 1, 2003, 04:33 PM
On 2003-11-01 13:16, darthsaber9x9 wrote:
sorry, but these two things you shouldnt do. because it ruins part of the fun if you give a low level guy high level stuff. and if you become a meat shield for newbies, they they dont learn how to play the game.

Actually, there are some occasions where you could/should do these things. If you are making a new charcter, I don't see anything wrong with "tweaking" or "twinking". Tweaking a FOrce makes it much easier to play as, since at lower levels it may take forever to learn new spells and to kill certain enemies.

Also, there is nothing wrong with becoming a meat shield once in a while. It is also ok to become a meat shield when you are playing with an experienced player with their new character and they just want to gain levels fast, and the best way is if you take the hits.

Edit:

yeah i twink me new chars to hell and back because i get bored very easily. and yeah shielding is good for the expereinced levelling up a new char, but when doing it for n00bs on a regular basis, it doesnt help as much as it hinders

Thats what I meant, do it for yourself or for others that you know are experienced is ok, just dont do everything like that foor Newbies. Your original wording was a bit too broad, thought you meant in general, shouldn't do that. I also missed the meat shield for newbie part.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2003-11-01 13:53 ]</font>

darthsaber9x9
Nov 1, 2003, 04:43 PM
On 2003-11-01 13:33, Ketchup345 wrote:

On 2003-11-01 13:16, darthsaber9x9 wrote:

Actually, there are some occasions where you could/should do these things. If you are making a new charcter, I don't see anything wrong with "tweaking" or "twinking". Tweaking a FOrce makes it much easier to play as, since at lower levels it may take forever to learn new spells and to kill certain enemies.

Also, there is nothing wrong with becoming a meat shield once in a while. It is also ok to become a meat shield when you are playing with an experienced player with their new character and they just want to gain levels fast, and the best way is if you take the hits.

yeah i twink me new chars to hell and back because i get bored very easily. and yeah shielding is good for the expereinced levelling up a new char, but when doing it for n00bs on a regular basis, it doesnt help as much as it hinders

Nei3rd
Nov 1, 2003, 04:47 PM
Exactly. I know that givin out weapons kinda kills it a little. But I'm talkin about common rares like a Varista or something. Givin away crazy stuff like a TJ Sword or a real Nei's Claw is just plain stupid.

HighElf9310
Nov 1, 2003, 05:06 PM
I won't give anything away online unless they are my friends (in that case I twink to hell). Also, my new characters all have the best armors and slots (without being god slots) and weapons. My friends I gave a bunch of rare weapons that my force found that I would never use, and only kept the good stuff for myself. But I am always a meat sheild, even with my force, becuase that is the only way my friend can survive. He is also a force, and even when I tell him a bunch of times, he doesn't get the MOVE AWAY from enemies part of the game...heh...oh well. ^-^

Rudoku
Nov 1, 2003, 10:22 PM
On 2003-10-30 23:33, RFB wrote:
How about:

-If you enter a game and they ask you politely to leave, dont act like a moron and leave, there's no sense in insulting them just because they dont want to play with anyone else or because they're waiting a friend or whatever.

Where's the satisfaction in that? Screw them, they rejected YOU(I don't do it, but I end up wishing I did).

Spartan117
Nov 2, 2003, 06:52 PM
aaah words to live by.