PDA

View Full Version : My setup..

PhoenixOfHate
Oct 31, 2003, 05:42 AM
I need some help in coming up with a good setup for Ult. I remember it back on dc and dread getting ready to go back to it.. I have a Legit SKYLY HUmar who I try to keep offline unless I am desperate to play with others.. (Not a people person). Anyway.. In offline play I was wondering what sort of items I should get from Very hard mode to help me with Ult.. I am already working on a God Arm.. I need to know about some armor and weapons.. Right now I am using the dragon slayer.. From what I remember that isn't going to do a damn thing to the monsters in Ult.. Any suggestions..?

joncushing
Nov 1, 2003, 05:57 PM
Well my HUmar is using the delsaber set and chainsawd, when you get to ultimate, get to caves and start doing some addicting food runs, best way to get chainsawd (from vulmer) and if your feeling lucky a red sword (from govulmer).

Nohra
Nov 1, 2003, 06:03 PM
I'd try for a Red Partisan (just a personal favorite) if Skyly can get it. It's like a Gae Bolg... only it looks a lot sexier. XD

Zarana
Nov 1, 2003, 06:17 PM
If this is truly your first trip to Ultimate, I suggest you pick up the following items in V-Hard.

The God/Arm you mentioned.

Combat Gear or Attribute Wall (EPII Rag Rappy/Delsaber), take your pick.

God/HP and God/Body from the Caves rare enemies.

A good Dragon Slayer and some S. Beats Blades/Yamato. Due to the changes they've made since V2, these will all be semi-decent weapons in Ultimate.

This should be enough to give you a good first start in Ultimate.

When you get there, do what this other person says and go straight for a Chainsawd. Try to get a Demolition Comet too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarana on 2003-11-01 15:17 ]</font>

ilr2000
Nov 1, 2003, 08:14 PM
In the gamecube... the transition going from vhard to ult is only slightly wider than the transition from hard to vhard, and normal to hard. Yeah, on the Dreamcast the transition from vhard to ult was like normal to vhard, but you wont have to worry about that so much now. My first time in GC ult mode I was worried of a DC flashback, where I missed 99% of the time or did 0 damage. However in GC I was shocked that everything landed a hit, and I did healthy amounts of damage at that.

But at the same time I'm going to say dont underestimate this newly balanced ult mode. We dont have our state/maintenence's anymore, and your really gonna feel the surplus of new status effects from ult mode... especially if your not accustomed to worrying about them.

Hrith
Nov 1, 2003, 08:28 PM
You should listen to Zarana, but I disagree on two points :
DRAGON SLAYER is not a "semi-decent" weapon, it truly rocks, I still use mine a lot (ok it has 25% hit, but still, get the God/Arm at all costs).

COMBAT GEAR has 0 DFP/0 EVP/0 EFR/0 EIC/0 ETH/0 EDK/0 ELT, I don't think it is worth getting 35 to ATP, especially if you are new to Ultimate you're gonna need DFP and EVP more (Hunters don't lack ATP, anyway). If Zarana meant SECRET GEAR, then yes it is good. Otherwise go for Divinity Barrier or higher, which you can find in Ruins 3, especially from those Death Gunners.

Don't pipe for a DEMOLITION COMET, you'll find one, Pouilly Slime is a pain to pipe. Besides I got two unpiped, ok I'm Lv 154, but I got my first on Lv 112 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Nohra
Nov 1, 2003, 08:48 PM
On 2003-11-01 17:14, ilr2000 wrote:
In the gamecube... the transition going from vhard to ult is only slightly wider than the transition from hard to vhard, and normal to hard. Yeah, on the Dreamcast the transition from vhard to ult was like normal to vhard, but you wont have to worry about that so much now. My first time in GC ult mode I was worried of a DC flashback, where I missed 99% of the time or did 0 damage. However in GC I was shocked that everything landed a hit, and I did healthy amounts of damage at that.

But at the same time I'm going to say dont underestimate this newly balanced ult mode. We dont have our state/maintenence's anymore, and your really gonna feel the surplus of new status effects from ult mode... especially if your not accustomed to worrying about them.

Paralysis, Poison, Slow, Shock, Freeze.

And that's just forest. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

PhoenixOfHate
Nov 1, 2003, 11:38 PM
As I said, not new to Ult just gc version.. I have been thinking red partisan too since sword swings are just not cutting it any more.. I will just have to do more attacks or start training my Redria so she can get me a god battle..

Zarana
Nov 2, 2003, 12:53 AM
Skyly does not find the Red Partisan.

Hrith
Nov 2, 2003, 02:03 PM
And the DRAGON SLAYER is more powerful.

PhoenixOfHate
Nov 3, 2003, 09:54 AM
Da****.. Guess i'll be going with God Battle and Red Sword..