PDA

View Full Version : HOLY RAY!!!

jDA025
Oct 31, 2003, 08:23 AM
I CANNOT GET THE HOLY RAYY!!! THIS SUCKS...Im a blufull HUmar and the damn dragon just doesnt seem to want to drop it...but other bosses will drop stupid shit like a Dragon Slayer from Vol Opt ver 2...Can anyone verify that theyve gotten this weapon from this boss???

Hrith
Oct 31, 2003, 08:48 AM
Many have, don't worry.

kingmurp
Oct 31, 2003, 10:10 AM
i've gotten 3. but it takes a while i haven't seen one since i was lvl 141, and lets just say im a lot higher.

jDA025
Oct 31, 2003, 10:20 AM
grrrr i have gone through about 20 runs and my brother had done about 30...you do the math. An imperial pick would've been nice to get along the way but its just not working...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I heard Pinkal gets it easier, that true?

Soukosa
Oct 31, 2003, 01:12 PM
I've gotten 2 Dragon's Claw from Skyly Sil and a Holy Ray from Pinkal Da Ral Lie. It will take a good amount more tries to get one of the 10 star drops from an Ult boss than it will to get one of the 9 star drops. No, all IDs have the same chance of getting the Holy Ray, regardless of what drops. Bluefull would have it easier since Forest is so short.

fireant
Oct 31, 2003, 03:41 PM
It took me 7 times off of the Pinkal Da Ral Lie I was so happy then I got a Gal Wind off of the Pinkal Gal Gryphon on my 1st try. Since then i started useing the Gal Wind for it cool special.

Hrith
Oct 31, 2003, 03:46 PM
Not necessarily, Sounomi, take the LAVIS CANNON, for instance, it's much rarer in SKYLY or PURPLENUM, than it is in VIRIDIA. I mean the drop rate, and even if there are a lot more Del-D than there are Gran Sorcerer, Tollaw or Del-D's drop rates is terrible, and for the same weapon.
Therefore, HOLY RAY might be easier to get in PINKAL (I got two) than in BLUEFULL (I got none).

But if you want an IMPERIAL PICK, I'd suggest Seabed, a lot easier.

Delsaber
Oct 31, 2003, 04:08 PM
I found a Holy Ray the first time I killed Dal Ra Lie with my Greennill. I have two in total from him. I am 2/5 for Holy Rays with my greennill and Dal Ra Lie.

Primrose
Oct 31, 2003, 04:26 PM
On 2003-10-31 12:46, Kefka wrote:
Not necessarily, Sounomi, take the LAVIS CANNON, for instance, it's much rarer in SKYLY or PURPLENUM, than it is in VIRIDIA. I mean the drop rate, and even if there are a lot more Del-D than there are Gran Sorcerer, Tollaw or Del-D's drop rates is terrible, and for the same weapon.
Therefore, HOLY RAY might be easier to get in PINKAL (I got two) than in BLUEFULL (I got none).

Actually shes talking about the drop rate of Holy Ray, as it is only dropped by bosses.
Regardless of which boss, the drop rate is the same for all, other IDs than Bluefull just have a harder time since they have to go through the cave levels.

My Holy Ray has been found by accident on Pinkal ID after killing Dal Ra Lie for the second time, in Unsealed Door.
This is not the average though! I consider myself lucky.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Oct 31, 2003, 04:27 PM

I think she was referring to bosses with the same star number item drops only...

ButtFlange
Nov 5, 2003, 08:07 AM
I created a Bluefull Force specifically to get to ULT Forest quickly (took around 8 hours) and I had resigned myself to doing 30-40 Forest runs to get the Holy Ray from the Dragon, but by some fluke the Sil Dragon dropped a Holy Ray (35/0/15/0/40) on my 3rd run!!! Talk about Sweeeeet http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Proto_Coyote
Nov 5, 2003, 08:11 AM
I got mine in around 20 Cave runs (Greenill). Was so worth it too because it's one of the best guns a HUmar can use.

Blue-Hawk
Nov 5, 2003, 12:15 PM
Still looking for mine as well with my pinkal. Caves are boring, but I like to try it in Unsealed Door. Less areas to go through. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zarana
Nov 5, 2003, 12:31 PM

Good example at heart, but Gran Sorcerer kinda-sorta has the same drop rate as a Tollaw... Probably a Del-D too, but I'm not sure offhand. Purplenum and Skyly Lavis Cannons come in second and third respectively when it comes to the ease of the find, I'm afraid.

darthsaber9x9
Nov 5, 2003, 05:00 PM
On 2003-11-05 09:15, blue-hawk wrote:
Still looking for mine as well with my pinkal. Caves are boring, but I like to try it in Unsealed Door. Less areas to go through. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

i prefer going through caves to get to dal ral lie. caves 3 is extremely short if you know what you are doing. i think its a mere 7 rooms or summing. and caves 2 is also short. ALso i want a demo comet off a melqeek. the bastard just wont drop it. Man you guys have the best luck with holy rays! i been wanting one so badly.

Genoa
Nov 5, 2003, 05:32 PM
My bluefull hasn't found it either. And he needs it more than you cause he's a FOmar. A force that has the highest ATA and ATP. That gun is perfect for him!

TheAlmightyNewbie
Nov 5, 2003, 07:41 PM
On 2003-11-05 14:32, MegamanX wrote:
My bluefull hasn't found it either. And he needs it more than you cause he's a FOmar. A force that has the highest ATA and ATP. That gun is perfect for him!

Actually, the FOmar has the lowest max ATA in the game, if I recall... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Ghost007
Nov 5, 2003, 10:24 PM
My greennill found it easily, first time killin the boss of caves, and WHAM it was mine, wasnt even looking for the thing, just sweet cuz i got like 6 other guys, 3 of them forces http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif it gets tossed around a lot

Eihwaz
Nov 6, 2003, 01:04 AM
On 2003-10-31 12:41, fireant wrote:
It took me 7 times off of the Pinkal Da Ral Lie I was so happy then I got a Gal Wind off of the Pinkal Gal Gryphon on my 1st try. Since then i started useing the Gal Wind for it cool special.

*off topic alert* Exactly what is the special of the Gal Wind?

*back on Topic* Even though FOmars have really low max ATA, the Holy Ray is still a good, strong ranged weapon for them to use. Hopefully, you find one with some Hit%...Mine has no Hit%, or any %s to speak of...but, still a good FOrce/HUnewearl weapon.

RadHaz
Nov 6, 2003, 03:15 AM
The Holy Ray is "The Rifle for the Rest of us"

On 2003-11-05 22:04, Eihwaz wrote:

On 2003-10-31 12:41, fireant wrote:

*off topic alert* Exactly what is the special of the Gal Wind?

*back on Topic* Even though FOmars have really low max ATA, the Holy Ray is still a good, strong ranged weapon for them to use. Hopefully, you find one with some Hit%...Mine has no Hit%, or any %s to speak of...but, still a good FOrce/HUnewearl weapon.

Genoa
Nov 6, 2003, 05:27 PM
On 2003-11-05 16:41, TheAlmightyNewbie wrote:

Actually, the FOmar has the lowest max ATA in the game, if I recall... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

No, FOnewm has the lowest ATA in his class. Remember Human/Male's have the highest ATA. And rangers have high ATA too. That's why RAmar has the highest ATA.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Nov 6, 2003, 05:44 PM
On 2003-11-06 14:27, MegamanX wrote:

On 2003-11-05 16:41, TheAlmightyNewbie wrote:

No, FOnewm has the lowest ATA in his class. Remember Human/Male's have the highest ATA. And rangers have high ATA too. That's why RAmar has the highest ATA.

FOnewm has higher max, FOmar has higher base...