PDA

View Full Version : FIRE WEAPONS? USELESS??

Break
Oct 31, 2003, 10:19 AM
I can Understand, Ice,Heart,Gush,Masters,Shadow and all those kinds of Weapons, But what do Fire weapons do?

rena-ko
Oct 31, 2003, 10:25 AM
fire damage... for 0 TP costs.
good for... hm... falz' last form for example.

Break
Oct 31, 2003, 10:26 AM
Hmm,

Really?

Because to me it seems Weak.

rena-ko
Oct 31, 2003, 10:33 AM
its weak for androids since they dont have MST.
anyway... i usually collect weapons for hit percents and rather useful specials...
i'm not the casual special user anyway.

Stalfos333
Oct 31, 2003, 11:09 AM
I've never understood the thinking of ST. The one way a droid has to do elemental damage is useless for droids, but strong tech users get a boost to a special they don't need to be using.

Dragon_Knight
Oct 31, 2003, 11:14 AM
Yea currently Lightning (outside of BM) and Fire are fairly useless. The elemental specials should do a set amount of damage, or damaged based on character level, then be applied to standard resistance

heyf00L
Oct 31, 2003, 12:18 PM
Yeah, I use a Twin Blaze on my RAcast and I only do 6 damage with the Gifoie. But when my HUney who is 40 levels lower uses it she does like 200 damage with the Gifoie. That's not right.

Soukosa
Oct 31, 2003, 01:07 PM
I agree that it does suck a fair amount that droids don't get boosts to the elemental special attacks like humans and newmans. But, I have noticed that they get stronger as a droid levels up, but not by much.

Mixfortune
Oct 31, 2003, 06:07 PM
On 2003-10-31 07:25, rena-ko wrote:
fire damage... for 0 TP costs.
good for... hm... falz' last form for example.

Gush is also a popular element against final form Falz.

Malkavian
Nov 1, 2003, 11:41 AM
They are useful when you start the game. That special does more damage than physical attack.
And like rena-ko said there are some utilities for it. Falz's last form, dark gunners, and why not? just for the looks.

PABLOparavida
Nov 1, 2003, 11:50 AM
The fire is useless I sell them as soon as i get them.

Dragon_Knight
Nov 1, 2003, 12:09 PM
Malkavian- I suppose so, thats provioded you actually GET your hands on one and have a very high ATA so the special hits. Which is unlikly if your just starting the game.

Malkavian
Nov 1, 2003, 12:21 PM
On 2003-11-01 09:09, Dragon_Knight wrote:
Malkavian- I suppose so, thats provioded you actually GET your hands on one and have a very high ATA so the special hits. Which is unlikly if your just starting the game.

Just use it in the 3rd hit of the combo. Is very strange if it still misses.

GuerillaPimp
Nov 1, 2003, 04:50 PM
usually i stay away from "elements" on weapons, unless it is the highest element (burning, blizzard, tempest..etc) AND it has hit percent greater than 35%

Also, the enemy has to be weak to the element being used. Like using fire on Boomas, lightining on Goboomas, and ice on Gigoboomas

Zarana
Nov 1, 2003, 06:01 PM
It's not just fire, all the elements are equally useless. We've got fire, a niche element that comes in handy maybe twice in the game. We've got lightning, which is superb in Challenge but nowhere else. Finally, we've got got ice, an element so severely overwhelmed by freeze traps, the Frozen Shooter and Rabarta that I seriously question who would really use it.

These things are really just there because the weapons they exist on can have sideaffects, not because they should.