PDA

View Full Version : GC: Drop rates ?

Hrith
Oct 31, 2003, 10:06 PM
Ok, some people here keep saying "you have one chance in 22 000 to find that ITEM from this Monster"
How do you know that ? where do you get the info ?

Dillon
Oct 31, 2003, 10:10 PM
No one knows for sure how many enemies it'll take you to get your desired item. It's completely random.

Pal Rappies are said to have a 1/2 chance of dropping a rare (or for Redria anyway), and it took me..5 to get my Red Handgun.

Hrith
Oct 31, 2003, 10:17 PM
Yes, but people do come out with figures. Are they just making those up ?

Rep0
Oct 31, 2003, 10:20 PM
http://faqs.ign.com//articles/393/393635p1.html

Malkavian
Nov 1, 2003, 12:15 PM
I think those numbers are obtained from several excavation reports.
For example having 50.000 reports of forest oran. Counting the number of enemies and red boxes dropped is possible to calculate the numbers. That are only accurate.

I'm not 100% sure tho. Maybe they are obtained from hacking the game.

LollipopLolita
Nov 1, 2003, 01:39 PM
On 2003-10-31 19:20, Rep0 wrote:
http://faqs.ign.com//articles/393/393635p1.html

those rates are highly inaccurate

Hrith
Nov 1, 2003, 01:59 PM
OK, thank you Malkavian & LollipopLolita. Keep the info coming !!

Olga-Rappy
Nov 1, 2003, 03:07 PM
I've asked around and drops from rare enemies seem to be ABOUT 1 in 8

muff
Nov 1, 2003, 04:08 PM
That is not correct. Im pretty sure thats what it was on DC. The stars the item has determins how rare that drop is. Armors and slots differ sometimes. So are you saying Ive got the same chance to get a Heaven Punisher from a torr as I have an Aura Field from a mil lily? Somehow, I dont think so.

Soukosa
Nov 1, 2003, 06:17 PM
On 2003-11-01 10:39, LollipopLolita wrote:

I'm glad that someone else sees them as being inaccurate as well.

Ketchup345
Nov 1, 2003, 06:29 PM
On 2003-11-01 15:17, Sounomi wrote:

On 2003-11-01 10:39, LollipopLolita wrote:

I'm glad that someone else sees them as being inaccurate as well.

I'm sure almost all of us believe that it is inaccurate too, its just that we are all waiting for your findings. Until then, thats all we have that gives us an idea of how long we may expect to be looking. People want an idea of if an item would be easy to get (it does kind of follow many things that you and others have said here, such as what IDs find something easier than others), and they would like a number, which that gives.

Any clue how long until you may give a rough draft of your findings to be posted?

Zarana
Nov 1, 2003, 06:34 PM
If even they are inaccurate, which I'm definitely not leaning towards, they do still give a very realistic idea of what can be found casually (most items), what will take months (Guld, Book of Hitogata, etc.) and what you would have to be braindead to look for (Sorcerer and Sinow Zele Psycho Wands, etc.). Although the numbers may not be exactly right--I even corrected the Rico's Earrings rarity myself--the ballpark figures of how difficult these items are should be accurate as you're going to get for a good while now.

joluh
Nov 1, 2003, 06:41 PM
I haven't and will never look at those guides, i think they don't work as it's random, people say Tallow's drop it's rare, but i got my Red Handgun after the 3rd or 5th one i saw ^_^

Hrith
Nov 1, 2003, 07:44 PM
That's because the drop rate cycles, and you killed the Tollaw at the right time within that cycle.

Theorically you could find a PSYCHO WAND from a PINKAL Sinow Zele on the 1st you kill.

Those numbers ARE inaccurate :
They say CHAIN SAWD is rare than RED SWORD in SKYLY, I find at least one CHAIN SAWD per cave run and only found 1 RED SWORD in 154 levels.
And MANY others.
PSYCHO WAND in 300 000 monsters, lol, get real, ST is not that stupid, I dont believe the drop rate goes higher than 1/25 000.

There are so many mistakes, I couldn't tell which ones are accurate, if any.

PSOW's chart may well only range from 1 to 8, it is accurate, as far as I know.
I just wanted more precise figures, if possible. I don't think it is possible http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Barubary !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chantez131313
Nov 1, 2003, 08:12 PM
yeah your right, i find items way quicker or later from some things. Hmmm, i wish there was one more accurate than that.

Oh and also, i look at that chart alot. So does my friend. It may be inaccurate, but it still gives us hope...sorta.

Soukosa
Nov 1, 2003, 08:17 PM
On 2003-11-01 15:29, Ketchup345 wrote:Any clue how long until you may give a rough draft of your findings to be posted?

After loosing intrest in doing things for PSO and PSO itself at one point, I've started working on it again. I'm working on putting my system on my new PSO info site.

Olga-Rappy
Nov 1, 2003, 08:18 PM
On 2003-11-01 15:34, Zarana wrote:
If even they are inaccurate, which I'm definitely not leaning towards,

Have you tried workign out the figure sin your head? It's nuts.

they do still give a very realistic idea of what can be found

Have you proved it?

Although the numbers may not be exactly right--I even corrected the Rico's Earrings rarity myself--the ballpark figures of how difficult these items are should be accurate as you're going to get for a good while now.

They aren't even proportionately right.

---

Anyone who mentioned my 1/8 theory, it's collaborated from rare enemy drops here, GameFAQs, PSOPlanet, and a few others. I simply think it represents a good, base 2 average. I do NOT attest its complete validity, simply its partial validity.

Blacknight55
Nov 1, 2003, 08:23 PM
I have noticed that when your photon blast is charged you find more rare items. I went through caves 3 on hard with a full photon blast and got 3 rares in 2 rooms!

Zarana
Nov 2, 2003, 01:07 AM
Okay, I'm not going to sit here while someone who thinks rare enemies drop items 1/8 of the time tries to "correct" me. Here's all I have to say to you.

If you truly believe the 1/8 rare enemy drop rate, you just blew all your credibility out the window and have no idea how rare things really are. There are quite a few different rare enemy drop rates, I'm afraid. If you take eight of a certain rare enemy to find a Demolition Comet, you're hideously unlucky. If you take eight to find a Heaven Punisher, your luck is amazing. A Lavis Cannon/Syncesta-rare item is the only type you can expect to have a reasonable shot at in 8 rare enemies. The others you'll either find way sooner or way later.

To Kefka: Whether or not the Red Sword and Chainsawd have equal rarity has nothing to do with the numbers on this chart. Even if it's not 1/1050 or whatever, they do both have the same base rarity. Vulmer and Govulmer have identical drop rates, and the only reason you haven't found more Red Swords is in the sheer number of Vulmer compared to the Govulmer minority in the Caves. If Vulmer dropped the Red Sword and Govulmer the Chainsawd, your number of findings would be reversed. The IGN chart isn't the only place to support the Red Sword/Chainsawd rarities. Ask anyone who's ever seen the rarity data, ask Sounami, ask Miss Cleo for all I care, everyone will tell you the same thing. Red Sword and Chainsawd are equally rare.

Also, why wouldn't Sonic Team make certain Psycho Wands and Heaven Punishers that rare? Did you even play V2 at all? Plenty of weapons were that rare before, so surely it's acceptable for one or two to be now. The numbers may not be exact, but even in spite of that you've got to be off your rocker to ever consider looking for them. Although you could theoretically find one from your first of whatever enemy, you could also win the lottery on your first ticket. But do you really think you will pull off that lottery miracle, or even have an outside chance at it? Certain IDs have Psycho Wands and Heaven Punishers that only the naive, the masochists and the super optimists would ever consider being findable. More people need to face the facts on this.

muff
Nov 2, 2003, 01:44 PM
I dont think PSO was designed for us even to know what drops what. In some cases I think it would be better if we didnt.

And yeah, what Zarana said is accurate.

Hrith
Nov 2, 2003, 02:16 PM
lmao, you've ruined your credibility on the point, Zarana.

Especially since I note down each and every rare I find on a WORD document.
I have found 37 CHAIN SAWD so far, and only 1 RED SWORD.
So you're saying there are 37 times more Vulmers than there are GoVulmers ? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
And there are MANY other similar cases.

btw, Olga-Rappy never spoke of 1/8 drop rate, it is a scale, not a drop rate.