PDA

View Full Version : Skyly Vs Redria

Tilldawn
Oct 31, 2003, 10:32 PM
ok honestly which one and why im making a hunewearl and it kinda points to redria since they get demo comet in ult caves but then again skyly get yasha so im stumped pls help

Benzine
Nov 1, 2003, 12:33 AM
skyly gets swords mainly, plus pipable god units of arm, power, hp. It can also get almost all of the doublesaber class weapons. Skyly also pipes a democomet from a red slime, if that's your main consideration.

Redria gets armors and slicers, plus the ubers god/battle and rainbow baton.

Both ID can get mkb fairly easily. Either one is a suitable choice, just depends on the play style you are after.

pick one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Alteisen
Nov 1, 2003, 12:33 AM
Skyly gets Demo Comet from the Caves as well (Red Slimes). Just that if you want your Comet sooner, I'd go Redria, since Mils show up more often than red slimes.

But if you want a Chainsaw(d) and an "easier" Red Sword, I'd go Skyly.

DOG21313
Nov 1, 2003, 12:37 AM
Also, with Redria, you can pipe a Lavis From a Red Slime...

Strider_Gren
Nov 1, 2003, 12:39 AM
personally, since hunewearls really shine with daggers, I'd pick Oran, but of the two, I'd have to go Skyly.

StrongBad
Nov 1, 2003, 12:43 AM
Oran can't find Red Daggers.

Never mind, i thought you said Red Daggers. lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: StrongBad on 2003-10-31 21:44 ]</font>

PhoenixOfHate
Nov 1, 2003, 04:59 AM
SKYLY has been pretty good to me so I would say that, but the God battle is a big deal to me and i was pissed when i saw SKYLY couldn't get it..

K8lin
Nov 1, 2003, 05:15 AM
hmm, I have both and I'd say Redria finds more useful items.

~K8lin~

Tilldawn
Nov 1, 2003, 06:39 AM
i think im gonna go redria cus of mil (demo) and Slime (lavis) besides i need god battles for other chars ....this will only happen when i get my pinkal to lvl 100

PABLOparavida
Nov 1, 2003, 11:55 AM
On 2003-11-01 03:39, Tilldawn wrote:
i think im gonna go redria cus of mil (demo) and Slime (lavis) besides i need god battles for other chars ....this will only happen when i get my pinkal to lvl 100

Go Redria!!!!!

Soukosa
Nov 1, 2003, 01:15 PM
You'll find more useful weapons with Skyly and be able to get some of the God units easier. The difference between getting something like a Demo Comet from a Mil or a Slime, isn't much, especially if you pipe. If you have to have some of the things from Redria, you can always make a char for getting those. Personally, after having both IDs, Skyly is the better way to go.

Zarana
Nov 1, 2003, 01:42 PM
Redria has quite a few more areas that are actually considered playable, but doesn't quite find the sheer magnitude of good Hunter items obtained by Skyly. If you want variety in areas, God/Battle, better armor and slightly less Hunter weapons, pick Redria. However, if you want all the Hunter items you can possibly handle and are willing to come to terms with the fact that you'll have a hideously unplayable Forest, Mines and Ruins, as well as a somewhat lousy Temple and Spaceship, pick Skyly. Just remember to let someone else make the Episode I games if you're not playing the Caves.

StrongBad
Nov 1, 2003, 03:00 PM
Caves isnt the only good place for Skyly.

Mines: Asuka, Luminous Field, S-Red's Arms, and Syncesta can be found.

Ruins:God/Body, Lavis Cannon, Morning Glory, Sacred Cloth, Skyly Card, Psycho Wand, and Meteor Cudgel can be found.

Temple: Heart of Pounm, Ancient Saber, God/Power, Yasha, and Twin Brand.

Spaceship: ChainSawd, Agito 1975, Flightcutter, Parts of Eggblaster, and Maser Beam.

CCA: MKB, Berdysh, Yasminkov 7000v, Partisan of Lightning, Sealed-J Sword, Sinow Berril's Arm, Heaven Punisher, and God Hand.

Control Tower: Yamigurusu, Rika's Claw.

Seabed: Standstill Shield, Zanba, Twin Blaze, Brightness Circle, and Soul Banisher.

I wouldn't say caves is the only good place. The only place that doesnt't really give you anything good is Forest. Skyly has probably the best West/East Tower out of any ID.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Nov 1, 2003, 04:06 PM
On 2003-11-01 12:00, StrongBad wrote:

Ruins:God/Body, Lavis Cannon, Morning Glory, Sacred Cloth, Skyly Card, Psycho Wand, and Meteor Cudgel can be found.

Spaceship: ChainSawd, Agito 1975, Flightcutter, Parts of Eggblaster, and Maser Beam.

CCA: MKB, Berdysh, Yasminkov 7000v, Partisan of Lightning, Sealed-J Sword, Sinow Berril's Arm, Heaven Punisher, and God Hand.

Seabed: Standstill Shield, Zanba, Twin Blaze, Brightness Circle, and Soul Banisher.

I wouldn't say caves is the only good place. The only place that doesnt't really give you anything good is Forest. Skyly has probably the best West/East Tower out of any ID.

I have a level 118 Skyly, and here's my thoughts:

Mines: All of those are good, except Syncesta. Yes, it is a good item, but the chances of a Baranz ever dropping it are second to none.

Ruins: The same applies to Lavis, pwand, and skyly card. Most claws in general are not very good (morning glory), and the sacred cloth is also sub-par, especially considering its high requirement.

Temple: All valid points, except for Ancient Saber, which I always thought wasn't very good. I heard something about handgun range on it... (?) Can someone clarify for me? HoP is strong enough to be good, even if it is a claw.

Spaceship: Maser beam... sucks. Period. Eggblaster isn't that good either, and Agito will likely never drop.

CCA/CCT: All of those are good, but many are available online only. The sealed-j and punisher will probably never drop.

Seabed: Can't really say anything there. All great items with decent drop rates.

Well, that's my input. I'm not trying to start anything, just trying to contribute. Hope it helped. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

DarkDragon0
Nov 1, 2003, 04:48 PM
Skyly all the way http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Wood_Golem
Nov 1, 2003, 05:38 PM
Well i'd personally take skyly over any id.. even if a lot of areas suck.. let's face it ruins is horrible and that's where all the xp is.. but all things considered.. i dont't know where i would have been if i hadnt done skyly for my hunny.. the god arms where godly for her.. weapon's-wise.. skyly rules for hunters it has just about everything you'll ever need.. the only thing i will say is that skyly must be the crappiest id for armor/shield's i mean what there is only the Brightness Circle from Deldepth and Luminous Field from Sinow blue which is major hunt till you drop on both of them so my verdict is this.. do skyly and then do redria in the future cause seeing as your pinkal you won't find many decent hunter weapon's and anyway every good armor/shield is for high levels only so that kinda leaves you a bit bad considering you havnt even got past lvl 100

Zarana
Nov 1, 2003, 05:50 PM
Well of course they get a couple good things in their bad areas. Few IDs don't. However...

One of the hardest Asuka in the game isn't that much of an advantage for all you have to suffer through in those Mines. You're unlikely to find the Syncesta unless you're well on your way to 200 doing only the Mines, since this is not an item you just casually find. Every other ID that finds S-Red's Arms has a Mines about three or four times better than Skyly's. This leaves Luminous Field, which is actually a pretty good find, but doesn't do anything to salvage Skyly's Mines or put it on par with Purplenum, Whitill, Yellowboze and Greennill. In fact, it's nowhere near the same league. Skyly's Mines clocks in just barely below Viridia and Redria's own semi-subpar Mines and only Pinkal, Oran and Bluefull make it look decent. A sure sign of a bad area is when there aren't enough good items for a four-person team to call, and this is one of those areas.

God/Body is not a plus, it's the worst or second-worst Merlan item in the game. The Sacred Cloth is THE single worst Belra item. You will never, ever, in all the time you play PSO, get a Gran Sorcerer to drop a Psycho Wand. At the end of the day you're left with months of searching for a Lavis Cannon or Skyly Card that may never drop with only the occasional Meteor Cudgel and Morning Glory to keep you happy. Even Pinkal, the worst in practically every area, has more to be proud of than Skyly in the Ruins. The truly good items won't drop casually, the Psycho Wand won't drop at all, and you'll get your fill of the decent items in a hurry. I don't think I would ever play the Skyly Ruins unless I accidentally joined the game and didn't know. Every other ID, in my opinion, has better Ruins than Skyly.

The only Temples this really tops are Whitill and Bluefull. It's comparable to several of the other bad Temples and nowhere near the best. Twin Brand and Ancient Saber simply are not good weapons in Ultimate, and even if you do want them you can find them in one afternoon. Also, you're delusional or a masochist if you seriously think you'll find this Yasha without months of hard work. This leaves one HUnewearl-only item and one overused, overrated slot item to pipe for. In fact, given the ease of fighting Belras in Famitsu, I daresay even if you are looking for Yasha you won't be doing full Temple runs. Save for devoted friends, I can't picture a group of people you can get to follow you into this miserable level.

This Chainsawd is not a plus for the Spaceship, I'm sorry. You could find ten of them or more, and I'm not exaggerating, from Vulmer before Dubchic drops his. Appreciating this Chainsawd is like the crazy Redria who thinks God/Battle from Gibbles is a good thing. Furthermore, that 1975 Agito is the most difficult one in the game. Flight Cutter I'll admit is a plus, and the Egg Parts are a fun item, but I can't in good conscience let you list the Maser Beam as an advantage.... Once again, if you find a group of people who will accompany you through this area, you sure have some dedicated friends.

Yes, this is excellent, no question about it. If Del Lily didn't drop a Dragon Slayer it would be far and away the best Control Tower, but since he does, I would have to say it stacks up pretty evenly with Purplenum and maybe (maybe) Yellowboze. I never said anything bad about the Skyly Tower, I play it as my own Skyly and I'm sure you could effortlessly find a team of educated people to play it with you. It's not like the Mines, Forest, Ruins, Spaceship and Temple where you'll need to prey on friends and people who don't know their areas very well.

Yes, this is a good Seabed, and I didn't say anything bad about it if you'll recall.

Anyway, you're right that Skyly's lackluster areas aren't Pinkal bad (where you'd almost rather be playing V-Hard), but by comparison to the same areas in other IDs they're just atrocious. The incredibly strong Caves and Tower coupled with the good Seabed are enough to make Skyly an ID contender (I myself made one for those areas), but I can't defend their bad areas when we've got so many other IDs that are far superior by comparison there.

Once again, to clarify, this does not make Skyly a bad ID like Pinkal. In fact, it's rather good finding all your best items in three areas. That way you can get non-Skyly items online and in the other areas without worrying about missing out on something and, in effect, find more. I guess Skyly's strength depends on if you would rather have all your advantages in a couple areas or have them spread out over the whole game.

Edit: Oh, and just so no one gets the wrong idea, when I had to choose between Skyly and Redria I did end up going with Skyly. I'm just not too proud to acknowledge its disadvantages.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarana on 2003-11-01 14:54 ]</font>

Genoa
Nov 1, 2003, 06:54 PM
On 2003-10-31 21:37, DOG21313 wrote:
Also, with Redria, you can pipe a Lavis From a Red Slime...

Redria! I have a 106 Skyly and I hate it. Redria's awesome. Go redria! For rangers Purplenum, and forces Pinkal (thats just my suggestion)

Olga-Rappy
Nov 1, 2003, 08:52 PM
Pinkal has great Ruins and Spaceship... and its Temple is comparatively good.

s.TiNgEr
Nov 1, 2003, 10:02 PM
redria.... do it for the god/battle

Zarana
Nov 2, 2003, 12:47 AM
So what makes Pinkal's Ruins so great? They're worse hands-down than Whitill, Yellowboze, Oran, Purplenum, Redria and Greennill's... Maybe even more than that, these are just from memory. Being better than the Skyly and Viridia Ruins does not a good area make, in my opinion.

Also, about the Spaceship... What makes Pinkal's so good, again? I realize that God/Ability is easily the only unit in contention with God/Battle for being the best slot item, but beyond that what stands out? It's inexcusable to find four Storm Wand: Indras in the same level, God/TP is an utterly useless item, the Moola Rock and Anti-Android Rifle are so-so items, the Egg Blaster is just for kicks and the Partisan of Lightning is comparatively one of the worst double sabers in the game. Although no Spaceships are truly excellent areas, the only reason this one isn't contending with Whitill and Bluefull for the absolute worst is God/Ability. It ranks somewhere around the middle, but isn't outstanding.

You do make a point about the comparable Temple, though. While I still wouldn't give a second thought to playing it if a Purplenum, Oran or Yellowboze were present, it does stack up rather well with the other IDs.

dark_agenda
Nov 2, 2003, 01:58 AM
Personally, I would have to go with a SKYLY hunter... it's a simple matter of if you feel you will need REDRIA items in the future, you could create a REDRIA force to be able to handle the ULT level enemies.

RedRage
Nov 2, 2003, 02:03 AM
Choosing an ID is not as important as choosing a good name for that ID.

Firocket1690
Nov 2, 2003, 02:37 AM
On 2003-11-01 14:50, Zarana wrote:
Well of course they get a couple good things in their bad areas. Few IDs don't. However...

One of the hardest Asuka in the game isn't that much of an advantage for all you have to suffer through in those Mines. You're unlikely to find the Syncesta unless you're well on your way to 200 doing only the Mines, since this is not an item you just casually find. Every other ID that finds S-Red's Arms has a Mines about three or four times better than Skyly's. This leaves Luminous Field, which is actually a pretty good find, but doesn't do anything to salvage Skyly's Mines or put it on par with Purplenum, Whitill, Yellowboze and Greennill. In fact, it's nowhere near the same league. Skyly's Mines clocks in just barely below Viridia and Redria's own semi-subpar Mines and only Pinkal, Oran and Bluefull make it look decent. A sure sign of a bad area is when there aren't enough good items for a four-person team to call, and this is one of those areas.

After every corruption, I always rush offline to get my Asuka back, first priority.
Oh, and BTW ... I got the first three out of those in about 18 TTF runs. Sys is pretty much an impossible drop, but otherwise ...

joluh
Nov 2, 2003, 03:30 AM
I think Skyly is just a must for a Hunter, mostly for the weapons, but it can also find a God/Arm from a hildeblue, and remember that rare enemies on hard and very hard ALWAYS ALWAYS!!! will drop the rare you really want, and also you can find the God/Arm off a Gulgus-gue on ult, and ATA is something that any Hunter needs

Don't forget about the God/Hp!!! from a NAR LILY!!!

And the pal rappy's Angel Harp, ok it's hard, but is that or a Greennill's Gibbles... X_X'

Oh and it finds Power, Evade, Defense materials, well those the most common with Skyly, and don't tell me those aren't useful for a Hunter

And many other really useful things for Hunters, and not to mention

But it's up to you, if you still have space for another character, save it for a Redria, my characters are:

Pinkal: lvl105
Greennill: lvl100
Skyly: lvl15 ((started today))
Redria: lvl0 ((will be my last one... for this memory card))

So, it's just my opinion anyway

Olga-Rappy
Nov 2, 2003, 10:16 AM
On 2003-11-01 21:47, Zarana wrote:
and the Partisan of Lightning is comparatively one of the worst double sabers in the game.

You just "killed all your credibility".

psyphontf
Nov 2, 2003, 05:07 PM
Redria

Ketchup345
Nov 2, 2003, 05:27 PM
On 2003-11-02 00:30, joluh wrote:
but it can also find a God/Arm from a hildeblue, and remember that rare enemies on hard and very hard ALWAYS ALWAYS!!! will drop the rare you really want, and also you can find the God/Arm off a Gulgus-gue on ult, and ATA is something that any Hunter needs

Don't forget about the God/Hp!!! from a NAR LILY!!!

And the pal rappy's Angel Harp, ok it's hard, but is that or a Greennill's Gibbles... X_X'

Rare enemies in Hard and Very hard will not always drop their rare. It is extreamly easy to get, but it doesn't happen 100% of the time. It has only happened to me once though, a hard Love Rappy didn't drop its Supressed Gun (I did hit it when it got up and ran), it left one of those barriers we all love getting from are Rappies.

Redria can find useful items from piping in those difficulties also. Such as the Cure/Shock from Hildeblues and God/Body from Nar Lillies. The God/Body is useful for HUnters since they get hit often, and the Cure/Shock is good to get for fighting Vol Opt with anyone. Redria is a good support ID, but it is lacking in the weapons somewhat. It has few rare swords or partisans, but the armor will come in useful later in the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2003-11-02 16:26 ]</font>

TheAlmightyNewbie
Nov 2, 2003, 05:38 PM
On 2003-11-02 14:27, Ketchup345 wrote:

Redria can find useful items from piping in those difficulties also. Such as the Cure/Shock from Hildeblues and God/Body from Nar Lillies. The Cure/Shock God/Body is useful for HUnters since they get hit often, and the Cure/Shock is good to get for fighting Vol Opt with anyone. Redria is a good support ID, but it is lacking in the weapons somewhat. It has no rare swords or partisans, but the armor will come in useful later in the game.

Actually, Redria gets Red Sword from Melqueeks. Not the best place to find it, but hey, it's findable. As far as HU weapons go, they also get Red Slicer (if you're really into slicers, you can pipe for magic stone Irisista and make a Rainbow Baton), along with a pipable Demolition Comet, Lavis Cannon, and Red Handgun. These items are great for any higher-level Hunter.

heyf00L
Nov 2, 2003, 08:19 PM
redria is probably the most versitile ID, every level has something you'll want to hunt ;D. Skyly is very nice, tho. Skyly has some areas chalk full of great items, but then some areas that have nothing to hunt.

My HUney is Redria and the ID has provided me with a Red Sword, Lavis Cannon, MKB, Standstill Shield, Guard Wave, and the list goes on.

You should really have both IDs tho because they're both so great. Those 2 and purplenum are probably the best 3 overall.

Zarana
Nov 2, 2003, 11:07 PM
On 2003-11-02 07:16, Olga-Rappy wrote:

On 2003-11-01 21:47, Zarana wrote:
and the Partisan of Lightning is comparatively one of the worst double sabers in the game.

You just "killed all your credibility".

What, are you crazy? Have you even compared the stats on it with the others? It's awful, and there's nothing you can do or say that will change that undeniable fact.

A Partisan of Lightning at max grind has the same power as a Demolition Comet with NO grind, and on top of that it has a damage variation of about 40 compared to the Comet's zero. If a double saber isn't as good as the Demolition Comet, it isn't good. Period. The fact that it's much more difficult to find and worse than the Comet just adds insult to injury.

So if the Demolition Comet is better, the Black King Bar and Double Cannon are WAY better and the Meteor Cudgel/Twin Blaze are easily the Partisan's equal, just what is it more useful than? An unevolved Monkey King Bar? A Twin Brad/Stag Cutlery/Double Saber? Lah dee dah. Being superior to that group of weapons not only doesn't put the Partisan of Lightning in with the top ranking double sabers, it doesn't make it a good item at all.

If it were usable by more than Hunters, maybe you would have a point. As a Hunter-only weapon, though, the only reason anyone should use it is for looks. It's comparably difficult to find and doesn't stack up well with the practically-free Demolition Comet. A status symbol, little more than that...

heyf00L
Nov 2, 2003, 11:15 PM
Variable damage is a plus when you have Shifta.

And if you equip soley for power then you'll want to stay away from the PoL, but if you're like me and equip for style then PoL is pretty sweet. I haven't found one yet, but I'd sure like to.

I personally use a Twin Blaze that I recently found from a Merikle. It's weaker than a demo commet, but I think it's the coolest looking weapon in the game.

Zarana
Nov 2, 2003, 11:21 PM
And there's nothing wrong with playing for looks, as long as you're not going to tell me the Twin Blaze is up there with the best Double Sabers. Heheh.. ^.^;;

heyf00L
Nov 2, 2003, 11:25 PM
Well, it's one of the best for Rangers. Whether an S-Rank twin is better is debatable.

But S-Ranks all look so plain...because they are. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Zarana
Nov 2, 2003, 11:34 PM
That's true, but I can't say I run around using Double Sabers on my Rangers. I suppose the fact that it isn't Hunter-only makes it hands-down better than a Partisan of Lightning, though.

When it comes down to it in the choice between an S-Rank Twin and a Twin Blaze, I suppose I would take the S-Rank. I happen to like plain-looking weapons, and on top of that, the fact that every experience I've ever had with a Twin Blaze involved some goon using the Gifoie special has left a bad impression on me with regards to that item.

heyf00L
Nov 3, 2003, 01:26 AM
What good is it if you don't use gifoie? It's good for tagging, stunning, and softening up enemies. Gifoie lets me take on packs of enemies no problem.

Now it's stupid with an android because the damage is MST based.

And I know it goes against class and purpose, but some Rangers (like myself) like using the occasional hunter weapon. It mixes up the gameplay and as long as you don't neglect your duties as a ranger I don't see much of a problem with it. And keep in mind that RAcast has the third most ATP in the game only slightly behind HUmar.

Zarana
Nov 3, 2003, 01:31 AM
On the other hand, the Gifoie is annoying to watch, causes the game to slow and is a massive damage negate abuser. Damage negate being the most bothersome thing in all of PSO to me, the last of these factors is a major downfall in my eyes. Besides, Rangers shouldn't need to tag.