PDA

View Full Version : Akiko's Frying Pan

Spartan117
Nov 1, 2003, 04:05 PM
Can anyone tell me why Akiko's Frying pan is considered a Katana. It really looks like something
you could cook breakfast on more than a "Ultimate Weapon??".

Ketchup345
Nov 1, 2003, 04:17 PM
It's a Katana based on its attack animation. It was designed probably as a fun item, which many people use it as. It is also useful to learn a new spell when you don't have anything that gives more than 30 MST.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2003-11-01 13:41 ]</font>

Spartan117
Nov 1, 2003, 04:36 PM
okay thanks. Uh. Ill just get a normal katana instead of a frying pan.

Kupi
Nov 1, 2003, 04:44 PM
I think the joke is more for the questing it takes to get it rather than how it looks and attacks... think about it. If you've never read a guide on the game (which, I admit, is probably a 0% chance) and you're doing the quests offline, you stumble across a guy who tells you you can get the ultimate weapon. Frantically, you search the other quests for approvals. You finally get all the badges, and your ultimate weapon is a frying pan. Granted, it's a pretty sturdy frying pan, but still, a pan. I could see myself cracking up over that, were it not for the fact that I had the end result already revealed to me when I did it.

Genoa
Nov 1, 2003, 06:56 PM
Actually its quite a good weapon... for begining hunters. Seeing that you only need like 250 ATP to use it. I HUcast could use that in no time. And it is a pretty good weapon at 1st

neko-chan
Nov 1, 2003, 07:42 PM
It's for fun. Has a fun shape, makes a fun sound. I remember during the first DC PSO days, everyone wanted a Frying Pan. It was a completely unique item, as long as the Magical Piece and few other goodies.

On DC V2 I also loved the Wok of Akiko's Shop. It was a fun dagger type weapon with a charge special. A silly weapon but someway useful.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neko-chan on 2003-11-01 17:28 ]</font>

Olga-Rappy
Nov 1, 2003, 08:27 PM
Great FOmar(l) weapon.

Mist
Nov 2, 2003, 05:48 AM
The Pan rules.

Easily my fav weapon when supporting lower level chars levelling up.

It's the sound! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

s.TiNgEr
Nov 2, 2003, 01:28 PM
the sound gets me every time. Keep the pan

Spartan117
Nov 2, 2003, 06:48 PM
should i keep it. Im at lvl. 42 and i got a DB's Saber. and i seem to like that. By the way are there any other good weapons that look as stupid or are as stupid as a frying pan

PhoenixOfHate
Nov 2, 2003, 06:55 PM
Well some people may not agree with me about this but yes.. There is a Toy Hammer, A Broom and many more that you can get from offline challenge mode for when you get S-rank, and in my opinion they are all stupid, funny shaped weapons.. Could just be that I am still upset that you can't get Sranks offline..

Kireek7
Nov 2, 2003, 06:57 PM
Shure there are;

You got the Crazy Tune, Samba Maraca's, and even more. I just cant think straight. Look at the Items section of the website, here. You can find a ton of better/crazy weapons. I frequently use a CROSS SCAR, LAST SURVIVOR and a Vulcan + 3 with my L. 87 hucast.

Strider_Gren
Nov 3, 2003, 11:18 PM
The Rappy's Fan Slicer is kinda funny, as is The Prophets of Motav. It's classified as a wand, but it's a book. Damn fine Force wand though, the srongest if I'm not mistaken, at +250 ATP.

Genoa
Nov 4, 2003, 06:01 PM
On 2003-11-02 15:48, Spartan117 wrote:
should i keep it. Im at lvl. 42 and i got a DB's Saber. and i seem to like that. By the way are there any other good weapons that look as stupid or are as stupid as a frying pan

DB SABER! (throws up all over the toilet seat) And your at level 42! What's your section ID? If its skyly you should atleast be using Flowens Sword or something that isn't... DB Saber! I'm quite sure that's the weakest Special Weapon Saber in the game. Gladius is better than that!

Max0
Nov 5, 2003, 12:46 AM
Lol, its unreal how many db sabers ive got with my HUmar. Have like 2 or 3 flowens swords. (I think, and yes my HUmar is a skyly)I think you should keep the pan for awile unless some one trades well for it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Max0 on 2003-11-04 21:48 ]</font>