PDA

View Full Version : Next Gen. Video Game Systems

Ketchup345
Nov 1, 2003, 07:34 PM
What features would you like to see on the PS3, GC2, and XBox2, (besides better graphics and faster_?

Mine would be:

4 or 8 controller ports (PS2's 2 probably kept it from gaining much multiplayer support)
Same amount of memory card slots as controller ports (it gets annoying having to swap GC memory cards in and out when playing PSO offline multiplayer)
Built in 56k modem and 10/100 ethernet card (why go out and buy it separately)?
DVD capabilities and built in remote sensor and 3/4 function remote (not needed, but would be nice, and I like the ability to use my PS2 remote to control my TV sopund and on/off, now only if it would work with cable)
Linkability to handheld system (good for some games, more may come with extras if there is more support for the system <-> handheld link, nmay be nie)
Built in Harddrive and ability to move items from HD to the memory cards

Thats all I could think of now, possibly more later. Post what you think may be nice to add to this list or why things should be taken off.

Delsaber
Nov 1, 2003, 09:12 PM
Took the thoughts right out of my head.

Allos
Nov 1, 2003, 10:49 PM
Xbox 2 might be the name, but GC2? Why would Nintendo name another system Gamecube? And the majority of those features are on today's systems.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Allos on 2003-11-01 19:50 ]</font>

Ketchup345
Nov 1, 2003, 10:54 PM
On 2003-11-01 19:49, Allos wrote:
Xbox 2 might be the name, but GC2? Why would Nintendo name another system Gamecube? And the majority of those features are on today's systems.

I know the names aren't right, but it was easier to type that than to type the next Playstation, the next Nintendo system, the next Microsoft System.

But in order to make a perfect system, what features would you like it to have straight from the box, not to be bought separately?

s.TiNgEr
Nov 1, 2003, 10:55 PM
skrewed tables O_o...

or browzer problems?

Aunt_Betty
Nov 1, 2003, 11:22 PM
Something like .Hack//Sign.

Skett_Namevah
Nov 2, 2003, 12:02 AM
Xbox 2 and Playstation 3 sound right but GameCube 2? Lets just call it the N5, shall we?

StrongBad
Nov 2, 2003, 02:29 AM
It should have some kind of robotic arm that feeds you candy or soda. Its really annoying to have to move your arm and pick it up and feed myself. I mean cmon, whats the world coming to. You would think they would have invented something like that by now.
It should also have built in DVD Player/DVD Recorder/Tivo/Internet Connection/Harddrive/Backscratchers/Footmassagers/TV. Damn lazy ass video game designers and makers, cant do anything right.

polishedweasel
Nov 2, 2003, 05:26 AM
how about

X box: X brick, brick, chunk, cube, hunk, ingot, loaf, lump, oblong, piece, section, segment, slab, slice, solid, square.

Or...

Playstation 3 = play:base, depot, home office, house, location, locus, main office, outpost, place, position, post, seat, site, situation, spot, stop, terminal

or...ok. That's all I could find from a thesaurus.

Abaddon
Nov 2, 2003, 06:45 AM
A built in VR fishtank....basically the next gen consoles will just have a larger bit quota. Any peripherals that will become internal is a bonus.

BWS-1
Nov 2, 2003, 06:58 AM
I want sega to release the Dreamcast the way it was originaly meant to be ... cause I don't care if I can't make the difference between the real world and virtual world after ...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BWS-1 on 2003-11-02 03:59 ]</font>