PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: FeVer Raising

FeVer
Nov 1, 2003, 09:23 PM
This is my first, so umm... yeah...well first for PSO anyway. So here goes. (if there are words without capitols its allright, because my keyboard is a peice of crap.)

Prologue;
Pioneer 2, the mother ship. The refugees upon it eagerly awaited the final team to retun from raol, awaiting the all clear at the end of the final sweep. there were people massed around the bank, and hunter's guild area, awaiting a telepipe, or the team to return. the hunters guild was on the edge of their seats, monitering the team along the way, useing the camera systems, and diagnostics equipment that were installed in the teams mags. The team, "Angel's Requiem" were the only team left down there, and their assignment was only one thing. destroy any of the evil inhabitants left on Ragol. the other teams had long since departed, finishing their objectives, and recieving their money for it.

Chapter one; Dreams

The four teammates, long-time partners, and members in the same guild, walked through the final stretch of the ruins, the lead member, "FeVer' as he was called, stopping just inside the doorway to the room just before the final stage of the ruins. he looked around, serchind, scopeing out the monsters within. A short force walked up, and stopped next to him, standing atleast two and a half feet shorter then him. The force, "Flead" checked out the enemies also, not wanting to be the first person into the room, because he just then noticed he was low on hp. He cast resta, healing the other three members, who were not in a bad state, but wern't completly healed either. The third person, a RaCast stepped up behind the two, his huge baranz launcher takeing up abunch of room in the hallway. "Are we going to go anytime? I'm not getting any shineyer..." exclaimed "Absolute Zero" the RaCast. "Hitokiri" stepped up next to zero, leaning the back, non-bladed edge of his orotiagito against his shoulder. 'Just one second... have to feed my mag" said Flead, an he gave his mag, a naraka a un-needed trifluid. FeVer nodded, takeing the time now to make sure his hair was thouroghly spiked strait up, with his hand. Hitokiri stepped into the room, and dashed foreward, jamming his sword to the hilt through a damien's body. He charged his special, and fired it, sending a streak through the damiens body, and into the two behind it, killing all three. Flead, meanwhile had stepped foreward, and was launching a barrage of Rafioe at several damiens. Zero just fired into the groups, almost laughing insanely, and FeVer rushed in, and uppercutted a chaos sorcerer with his god hand, with two quick jabs from the left, and a roundhouse kick, sending it into a wall, and killing it. He then helped Flead out, with the flock of damiens, stealing their experiance with his special attack. Zero was just blasting like crazy, and Hitokiri was sending waves through the air, stopping every once and awhile to use a momomate, filling the lost health mostly, but not all. Flead finished off the last damien, and then froze three dark gunners, who had just popped up. FeVer went after a delsaber, almost hopeing to rip its arms off, for some nice weapons later on. He grabbed it by one arm, and forced its own blade badckwards, jamming it into its own body. He dodged its other hand, and then forced its blade uyp, hacking its other arm off. He plunged its blade into it again, and then just pounded on it, with both fists. zero had gone to destroying the last of the dark gunners, and hitokiri had just finished sliceing up a second delsaber when a chaos sorceror froze him. flead zapped the chaos sorceror twice, killing it, and then went over to hitokiri, casting resta. He healed himself, zero, and hitokiri, but not FeVer, who was just out of range, and finishing the delsaber off. Flead used a trifluid, getting low on tp. hitokiri destroyed the last dark gunner, just as FeVer killed the delsaber. FeVer picked up its left arm (The shield one) and put it in his inventory. he looked at the others, and then continued on, not bothering to pick up any items the enemies had dropped. They came to the teleporter that went to dark Falz's medow, which was now just a barren wasteland completly made of skulls. He knew that dark falz wasn't there, because the groups of hunters earlier had gone in and killed him, bringing back rico's ring to prove what had happened. he stepped into it anyway, followed by his teammates. they ran through the skull garden, and stepped into the teleporter to go basck to the pioneer 2 and their homes. FeVer stopped, and walked to the row of graves that had been dug by the survivors, kneeling down, and paying his respects to those who had died in battle. he then walked into the teleporter, and appeared back on pioneer 2.

The giant teleported doors opened, revealing the bloodstained, bruised, and bleeding party of four people. Several rushed foreward, including some of the hunter's guild people who had lept over the counter. The four all got their hands shook, and got hugs from the rejoicing hunters, and civilians alike. FeVer didn't care... he was just glad to be home. Later on, after being treated at the hospital, and haveing partied for some time, FeVer returned to his little apartment in the worst part of the pioneer 2. He slid his keycard into the door, and it read that it was invalid. "Oh god damnit! not again... Why does she do this to me? after a hard days in that hell, and i get locked out of my own apartment, which by the way is horrible!" He pounded on the door afew times, only to recieve it open a crack, and a part of a woman's face appear. "FeVer! you lousy excuse for a boyfriend! Go away! I hate you, you left me at home, in this horrible place, while you went down there, after I told you not to!" The girl yelled. "We've been through this before! I did it for the good of the civillians! you always told me to do stuff for other people, how is this so different?" FeVer said, in a rather calm voice, for being locked out of his own home, and tired. "I woke up alone this morning! no note or anything! You could have died! why...why would you do that to me! how could you!" She was almost crying now, but FeVer answered in a soothing voice. "I had to go sweetie, I had to help the others out... Flead almost died, and so did Hito, they would have if i hadn't been there. The girl, who was a FoMarl calmed down alittle, opening the door for FeVer, who hugged her as soon as he got inside. She hugged back, planting her face into his shoulder, and crying. FeVer was not, infact, happy that he had gone down either, and the graves in the ruins had really made it dawn on him, that he wasn't invincible. He spoke softly to the FoMar, "Sinn" was her nickname, but he only called her by her real name, Alishia. He walked her to the bedroom, and helped her into bed. he then pulled off his hunter's uniform, and pulled on his sleeping clothes, locking his sword, and god hand in his private vault, havbeing deposited almost all of his other things in the bank. He climed into bed, and snuggled up close to Alishia, and gave her a kiss before falling asleep.

That night all FeVer could think about were the graves, and a spinning red ring. he could see the countless enemies he had killed, and recollected his fights against Volt Opt, The dragon, De Rol Le, and Even his short lived battle against Dark Falz. he remembered his teammates dieing, and many others clinging to him, telling him to end the pain. he couldn't stand it. The ring just sat there... spinning. Forever immortal, in its bright red, and the surrounding blackness.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FeVer on 2003-11-06 15:30 ]</font>

Hikara
Nov 1, 2003, 09:37 PM
It's a pretty good start, Fever! I could point out countless typos and spelling errors, but that's just because I'm a walking spell check, but the story is what counts. Well written! Keep it up!

MQuantum
Nov 1, 2003, 09:45 PM
Hmm... a fic started after DF's defeat... Interesting...

Noted a few spelling errors, which spellcheck should catch, but don't do it in MS word... changes " and ' to ?'s...

And you might want to break it into smaller paragraphs, it makes it easier on the reader.

But other than than, it's starting very nicely! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

FeVer
Nov 1, 2003, 11:56 PM
Okie cool... glad you like it... I'ma work on the spelling... sorry about it... I'm not a good speller. But anyways, next chapter...

Chapter two; The Angel's song

FeVer awoke with a start the next morning, his dreams haveing been full of spinning rings, and images of bloodshed. He slipped out of bed, and slid on his usual clothes, decideing to go on a walk this morning. He recoded his key to the door before he left, so he could get back in, and then walked out, locking up behind him. He walked down the streets, it was still fairly early, but he didn't care. He took a teleporter to the main hunters guild area, and walked towards the shop, just to check what they had. He stepped into the shop, to notice the android night shift still on duty, which was normal.

He baught afew discs, to increase his techniques, and visited the bank, to store some of his money and items. He then walked to the bridge part between the shops, and the hunters guild, leaning against the railing, and watching the hover cars fly by. A hand reached out, and grabbed him by the shoulder. He quickly spun around, and stopped his fist about a centimeter away from Flead's face. Flead looked at him funny for a second, but just shrugged. "So FeVer... I got some new equipment in the lab today, and I'm upgradeing Zero, and Hito's defense and attack systems... you wanna come by?" Flead said this with enthusiasm, because he sincerely loved working on things. FeVer just nodded, he had nothing better to do after all. He followed Flead to the lab, and stepped into his robotics area, where there were ten androids, all standing next to a wall, all with helmets or whatever off, and wires running to their backs, and heads. FeVer nodded to the androids, who were in a comatose like state while being worked on. He sat down at a table, and looked at various parts, like spare arms, and such.

Flead started talking away about the different things on an android, and master computer systems. FeVer just nodded after Flead would pause. He really wasn't focusing on Flead, but was thinking of the spinning rings. Flead had moved three of the androids onto sort of tables, and began working on them, replacing a system unit hyere and there, still talking. After flead finished he re-activated the androids, whom all placed their helmest or whatever back on, and payed Flead his metsa, which of course Flead always gave discounts. Hito, and zero were third and fourth to be re-activated, and after talking to the two went on to do their other things.

FeVer left the lab after some time, and walked to his apartment. He stepped inside, and expected to be yelled at or hit, but found that Alishia was still sleeping. FeVer kissed her on the forehead, and pulled the covers back over her. He walked into the kitchen, and made breakfast, eggs, bacon, toast, and corn flakes. He set out plates for two at the small table, and set a pot of coffee on. He got a cup of coffee, and sat down, eating alittle bacon, egg, toast, but left the cereal alone completly. he sipped his coffee, and read the days news data file. after Alishia had waken up, and had breakfast he had made sure she got ready for work, and everything. he walked her to her job at one of the many shops, and kissed her good bye. he then walked to the hunter's guild, and got his money from the sweeping.

Walking down the street, he met a group of hunters, and stopped, to notice they were tradeing items, which was something her rarely did. he checked out what they had, and then went on, really not in need of any of it. He deposited some money at the bank, and was walking towards the hunters guild to look out the window when several of the various hunters he knew ran up to him, and started talking excitedly about how Colonization of ragol was to begin that day. FeVer wondered why they would start so early, and go without checking to see if any more evil animals appeared. He shrugged, and walked on. Several people came up to him, and wanted to know various things, and he just answered their questions. several small kids came to him, and asked him how he got so strong, which he answered by mainly saying that it is his team that is strong, noth him alone.

by the time FeVer got back to his house later, after serching for a job somewhere, people were allready packing their things up, as if the construction were finished on ragol. The constructors had only been down for a half a day before people had started to crowd around the teleporter, waiting to go through to their new home. Flead seemed overwhelmed about the peopkes anxiousness, and then started to feel something strange happen. The people, those whom he had faught for, strated to blame the hunters for the reason they couldn't go to ragol at that very second. There was almost a riot, except the military stopped it before it started. People started to hate the hunters, they loathed them, despised them, and wouldn't take their services, like the oddjobs that hunters now had to do to make a buck. and out of the blueprincipal Tyrell, whom had assigned each and every hunter, was promoting the anti-hunters. The hunters were relocated to the worst places on the ship, and were treated horribly. They could hardly get a job, but FeVer, wearing a cloak over himself snuck down the teleporter, to help build the main structures, and to get those people off of that ship.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FeVer on 2003-11-01 21:01 ]</font>

MQuantum
Nov 2, 2003, 02:47 PM
Wow, that was a little sudden...

other than that though, it seemed pretty good to me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

FeVer
Nov 2, 2003, 11:41 PM
Chapter three; life, and death

There was an explosion on the outer dome, a firey crash. That was the day, it was the day of the pioneer 2's jettisoning of its unneeded parts, to be used as scrap for the city. All the pioneer 2 dod now was store the ever vigilent, and ever un-wanter hunters. All it did anymore, was orbit Ragol, and jettison parts. The military had left, leaving the hunters to fend for themselves lawlessly.

People ran out of the outer dome, to see what had busted the hard shell, almost panicking. Military men rushed out, guns raised, looking for the point of impact. They found it, it was a single pod, now opened. A man stepped out of the pod, he wore torn up clothing, and his hair hung down to his chin. He had a massive five o'clock shadow, and he had several katanas attatched to various parts of what seemed to be a torn up hunter's uniform. the military raised their guns at the man, their fingers on the triggers. The man walked down the central dome, not slipping on the curved edge. he met the drop off, and jumped nimbley off, landing crouched down on his feet, his knees bent. The military rushed in, surrounding him, guns raised.

If there were a time for a hunter to feel nervous, it was now. He was completly alone, and there was noone here to back him. he placed one hand on the hilt of one of the katanas, after which there was the sound of the photons starting themselves up in the guns. The man grinned, he had no intent of really seing the weapons. he walked past the military men, who stood there, shocked at his brass, in walking past them. they followed, to see where he was going, and so did everyone else, except afew who picked the pod up, and carried it into the dome.

The man walked further into the central dome, intent on only one thing, and that was for a better life for the hunters, and he could only get that at Principal Tyrell's office. There seemed to be a parting in the crouds, to let the man through, followed closely by the military. The man just kept walking, intent only on his objective, no matter the cost.

FeVer
Nov 3, 2003, 05:44 PM
Due to the shortness of chapter three i am going to probibly lengthen chapter four, and add some cool fights! ^.^

Chapter four; Requiem

There was a knock on the door of Principal Tyrell's office, and the man looked up from his blueprints of what the rest of ragol might look like. "Come in" he said, wondering who would be disturbing him at this time. FeVer walked through the door, looking like the past year had definatly taken its toll. (Description in chapter three)
FeVer turned, and closed the door right in one of the military personell's face. He walked foreward, and sat down in the chair across from principal tyrell, and waited for him to ask him a question. Principal Tyrell looked dumb-founded, he leaned alittle over the desk, and started to speak, when FeVer started telling him why he had came. "I came for a better life for the hunters. We live up there on that crappy ship, with horrible lives, and all because we cleared the planet for you! We deserve better then that, and you know it!" FeVer said this, still leaned back in his chair.

About ten minuites later FeVer walked out of the office, with Principal Tyrell following. FeVer had a smile on his face, and nodded to the military troops standing outside. He walked past, and into the crowd, walking towards the locked transporter. he stopped next to it, and turned around to face the others. He unsheathed two of the katanas, and began twirling them about, in a very strange way. He nodded to priuncipal Tyrell, and slid the katanas away, withdrawing a third from his hip. He stepped back a ways, makeing sure he had enough room, and then grinned, swingign the blade upwards, and sending a yellow slash at the door around the teleporter. The slash slammed into the gate, bending it back. it busted around the edges, and fell in two peices on the open ground infront of the teleporter. Two androids stepped out of the Teleporter, followed by a small stream of bruised and torn up hunters. The two androids walked up, and stopped next to FeVer, watching as the hunters finally got what they deserved. Freedom.

There were cries of joy from some of the hunters, and some of the civilians, as mothers, fathers, children, brothers, and sisters all rushed in, and hugged their relative who had been gone so long. The two androids, zero, and Hito, went with FeVer towards the robotics lab down here in the dome. They walked past the military who decided no to even bother the three heavily armed men. The three walked to Flead's part of the robotics, to see that he was still working on his masterpeice, which was a new system for androids, to make their defence unbeatable, and boost their resistance to being paralyzed from lightning, which everyone knew could not be done. He had allready finished hyis other "Masterpiece", which was an andoird capable fo feeling things, such as pain, love, and about every other emotion, this masterpeice had run away from him, and now lived quiote happily with another android. The three walked up, and FeVer took both hands, and placed them on either shoulder of the small FoNewm, and picked him up, turning him around.

MQuantum
Nov 4, 2003, 10:41 AM
Not bad. Seems a little jumpy, and a little short, but still not bad...

Hikara
Nov 4, 2003, 12:36 PM
I must agree with Quantum here. It's just a tad short. But don't worry about posting your chapters day after day. Work a few days on one to make it longer and more detailed, then post it. It works much better.

FeVer
Nov 5, 2003, 11:09 PM
k I'm working on the next chapter, i'ma make it longer, like i promised for chap 4, but i ran out of time for it, and i had stuff to do... sorry!

KaFKa
Nov 5, 2003, 11:21 PM
well, like the others said, it is pretty jumpy, but i DO like the novelty of making a story after DF gets owned on =D! im not gonna write a review on this story though, cuz i seem to be doing too much of it at work (i have 2 jobs, and one is doing book reviews for the paper... tedious to say the least) but, if you want me to, i will review it. just felt like writing my 2 cents on the subject

FeVer
Nov 6, 2003, 01:56 PM
Feel free to review if you want... I don't care... I'm still working pon the next chapter... i'm about a fourth of the way finished with it.

KaFKa
Nov 6, 2003, 02:20 PM
well, i will take it easy since it is your first fanfic... here goes.
among all of the fanfics ive read. this is THE first to have the setting after Dark Falz gets beaten by a group of hunters. while this certianly is a good point of thye story, there are many bad points. first, the jumpiness tends to get on the readres nerve, also, the fact that there is no continuous plot line also makes the reader want to stop reading. overall, though. the quality of work in the other parts of the story are quite well done. i would suggest taking a little more time and thinking the whole thing through before you write it down. i give it 5 1/2 stars out of ten. but it is pretty good for a first timer.

FeVer
Nov 6, 2003, 05:51 PM
Well thank you for the review, and i'm working on its jumpyenss, and basically useing a timeline for it (like actual writers do) so i can tell what happened and when. Thank you, and I'm about alittle over half way done with the next installment.

FeVer
Nov 6, 2003, 07:54 PM
Sorry... not action packed... but I worked on it all day. So enjoy!

Chapter 5; To Kill a God

FeVer walked along the outside edge of the dome, carrying a girder made of metal, that was going to be used to reinforce several parts of the dome. Hito, and Zero were following, each with atleast four of the metal girders. FeVer just grinned, and kept on. He reached the parts they were working on, and set the girder down. He walked back to the parts they were salvaging, and used a plasma cutter to slice off a huge chunk of the steel girder, and slung it over his shoulder, making sure he had cut more pieces off for zero, and hito, who were on their way, and were iffy about plasma cutters. Fever started back towards the outer dome, thinking of the good old days back when he was fighting the dragon in this very spot.

FeVer set down his last girder, and went to work fusing the girders together to make the outer wall stronger. He had the welding torch in his hand when hito, and zero walked up with the last of the girders, and when zero saw it he dropped the girders, and hid behind hito. FeVer just laughed, and switched the torch off, flipping the welding visor up. "Awww is liwddwe Zero afwaid of awiddle fire?" feVer said, a huge grin on his face. Zero just stepped out from behind Hito, and stepped foreword, placing the dropped girders into their places. "That is not funny FeVer, not funny at all." Zero said, placing the last girder in place. "Oh really? Cause i thought it was pretty funny, especially when you dropped your girders, and hid behind me!" Hito said, half laughing. FeVer just grinned, and shook his head, looking down at the girders, then back at the two androids. "So you two gonna just follow me around, and work wherever I do, or are you gonna go and get a steady job, like a garbage man, or a janitor?" FeVer arched one eyebrow while saying this. " I do believe I will get a job, but I would be more of a ninjutsu trainer, how about you zero?" Hito said this, glancing over at zero, who had been placing hito's girders also. "I dunno... maby a shooting range instructor, or a guided tourist guy..." as zero said this FeVer, and Hito suppressed laughter, and FeVer went back to welding the girders together. "Well guys... your done for the day, go and get paid from the site manager, and I'll meet you in about 84 beats. (84 beats is two hours encase you didn't know...) I'll be done by then." After finishing talking FeVer flipped his mask down, and flicked the torch on, and started to weld the girders together to make the frame for the newest piece of the outer dome.

FeVer walked towards the site manager's office about 58 beats after starting, intent on getting his day's pay. he had long since forgotten to spike his hair up, and his clothes were in better condition, even though they were partly shredded from the metal. FeVer stepped into the site manager's office, and sat down acrossed from the site manager. "May I have my day's meseta please?" FeVer asked, waiting for his day's pay. The warden reached over, and placed a small golden diamond infront of him. FeVer looked at it, then picked it up, and walked out, heading towards the bank. He deposited almost all of his meseta, and almost anything else he had gotten that day. he walked towards his apartment, but was unexpectedly deterred by someone yelling at him. he turned to see who was yelling, and his eyes widened when he saw who it was.

FeVer was surprised when Aleshia jumped up, and wrapped her arms around his neck. FeVer, caught off guard almost fell over. He regained his balance, and looked down at her. He put his arms around her, and hugged her close to him. He set her down on the ground, and smiled at her. it had been atleast a year and a half since he had last seen her when she had gone down to ragol to live. alishia looked up ,at him, and then began to talk about fifty miles per hour. He put one finger to her mouth, and that quieted her. 'I'm very happy to see you too, but I gotta go to my home, and meet hito, and Zero, all in about 25 beats! so I'll look you up later ok? Bye!" Even before finishing talking he had started off towards his home. He walked through the front door, and flicked the lights on. He walked into his bedroom, and changed his clothes.

About 15 beats later he still had 11 beats until he had to meet the two, but he wanted to be there early. He took off towards the food quart, and found the two sitting at a table, along with Flead, who was checking up on their components. FeVer took a seat next to Flead, and looked around the table. "How ya doin boys?" FeVer said, still surveying the table. "I'm just fine FeVer, how are you?" Flead said, shaking zero's arm, to check for grease buildup, and to check the hydraulics. "I've had better days..." FeVer said as he contemplated what to have for lunch. "Anyone else hungry?" FeVer said, patting his stomach. Flead nodded, and the androids just sat there. "Well then flead whatcha want? I'm buyin..." FeVer said this, then had a lapse of regret, because Flead ate alot. "I want three number sevens, all without onions, two large fries, a mega sized coke, and about forty packets of salt..." Flead said this, as if he had memorized it. "Where do i get this at?" FeVer exclaimed, bewildered by the comment "and could you write that down! I can't remember it all!" Flead nodded, writing down his entire order, in loopy handwriting, and pointed him towards a particularly un-healthy looking restaurant. FeVer stood up, and walked over to the restaurant, and ordered the food. He paid, and then set the food on the table infront of Flead, afterwhich he went to a random restaurant, and ordered some food.

FeVer sat down, and set his food infront of him, looking over at the two androids. "Hello... guys... want anything? some diesel, unleaded... WD40?" FeVer grinned saying this. "No thank you... I am already well fueled, and have no squeaky joints, thank you for the offer though FeVer" hito said this, just watching the two humans. Zero was off in lala land, ogling over some pretty RaCaseal's ehrm... software. FeVer snapped his fingers infront of the mesmerized RaCast, and then gave up when he didn't do anything. FeVer, Flead, and Hito just laughed, amused with Zero's antics.

MQuantum
Nov 6, 2003, 09:31 PM
Hehehe... Funny androids... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

So, do you have any twists coming up anytime in the future? Maybe in the next chapter? When is the next chapter? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I sense something sneaky here...

KaFKa
Nov 6, 2003, 11:47 PM
yes, much much better. i commend your work at making your fanfic that much better. kudos (meaning good job, not the candy bar) heh, i think i should go and work on my own fanfic... stupid caves

FeVer
Nov 6, 2003, 11:59 PM
meh... androids... ooohhhhh!!! candy bar1 oh wait... darn... not the candy bar... whatever... thank you! I worked all day on that chapter, and i feel it came out goot, and yes twists! their on the horizon!

FeVer
Nov 8, 2003, 06:58 PM
This is the next chapter... it is more action packed towards the end... hope you like it!

Chapter 6; Life and death

FeVer sat up in bed, it was still dark, and he had just had that nightmare again. He had dreamed of the spinning ring, and the graves. He rubbed his eyes, and checked the clock. It was only 461. (4:04 A.M. Central time...) He just laid back down then, but found that he couldn't go back to sleep. He just laid in bed, until his alarm went off at 541. (6 A.M.) He got up out of bed, and walked to his closet, where he grabbed a set of work clothes, and anything else he thought he might need.

FeVer stepped out of the just opened door to the central dome, to an awakening ragol. Today he was going to go and salvage most of the computers systems in the mines, where the newest apartment complexes were to be placed. He walked towards the entrance of the mines, and stepped in, and onto one of the huge glassed flooring spaces. He walked to the edge of one, and hung over the side, starting to unwire many main parts of the entire system down there. Flead came down sometime later, seeing as he was the lead in computers, and electronics. FeVer gladly welcomed the help, and while the two worked they got a lot more finished, even though they would stop to talk every once in a while.

FeVer stepped into the master control room, after who knows how many beats of working. The room that he and many other hunters had once stood in, trying to destroy the largest computer being ever known to man. FeVer was almost happy, ripping the large screens out of the wall, the very screens that had once shown the computer form of Volt Opt. FeVer, and Flead salvaged the large glass panels that were still intact, and took most of the wiring from them also. FeVer was the one incharge of defenses for the new apartments, so he decided that he would use the large lightning conductors as sentry turrets, to zap anything that came close.

It had been about 252 beats since they started, and they were exhausted. Flead had almost passed out twice by the time that they got to the pay office. FeVer almost had to drag Flead out of the place. They got to the pay office, only to find out that it was closed. "Aint that about a bitch? They closed the office before paying us." FeVer said, placing Flead on his feet. "They have to be pure evil to make us slave that much, then not pay!" Flead exclaimed, pointing one finger into the air. "Pfft... thats the last time i work for them." FeVer said, walking back into the dome.

The two walked towards the food court, intent on getting food, because they hadn't eaten at all. Flead bought this time, and insisted on FeVer eating the same amount of food as him. FeVer just shook his head, and started to eat. He was to hungry to care if the food was almost dripping grease. They were joined about half way through by the two androids, who had been working all day also. Zero zoned out sometime soon, the RaCasceal was there again, and was most likely a waitress. His bottom jaw would have dropped if not for the armor helmet that he wore. We all especially noticed this when she would bend down to pick up a loose tray, or anything. (meh... sorry... not trying to be a perv... just spicing the story up... Its not for small children) After lunch the four didn't have to do anything, so they all went to FeVer's apartment, and just hung out.

It had been about 42 beats when the huge explosion happened, obliterating a huge chunk of the dome. FeVer, Flead, Hito, and Zero were the first four to the scene, and started helping people out of the burning chunks of broken metal that had once been their apartments. Zero, and Hito were tearing the huge chunks of metal out of the way, and Flead was putting out fires. FeVer found himself running into burning houses, and running back out, atlest two people along with him. He had slung two children over his shoulders, and two under his arms in one house.

The military fire division came within the next ten minuets, and started hosing down the remaining fires. FeVer began to notice that some of the people who had been in the fires, and in the houses were starting to come to. FeVer had been covered with scratches, and was covered in ash from the fires. He had been sat down , and checked out, along with Flead, Hito, and Zero. They had been thanked by relatives who had came to the scene. That was what made the four feel good, it gave them the feeling of being that final sweeper team, and that was a great honor.

MQuantum
Nov 8, 2003, 07:44 PM
Hmmm... Unexplained explosion... Is everything still perfect in paradise?

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif looking for the next chapter!