PDA

View Full Version : About Panzer/Iron Faust

TheAlmightyNewbie
Nov 2, 2003, 05:46 PM
OK, I have heard many different things about these two weapons. PSOW classifies both as a shot. Yet I read once that the Panzer Faust is the same type of weapon as Inferno Bazooka (single hit shot) and the Iron Faust is a true bazooka, like NUG-2000.

I am offline only, and I am considering hunting down the Panzer Faust, since my RAcast needs a better Shot than his Charge Launcher (I need my meseta for mag raising x_x). Can someone please clarify this for me, and tell me if hunting down Baranzes in that awful hellhole known as the Spaceship is worth it for this gun if I will not be able to upgrade it? Thanks.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Nov 2, 2003, 06:26 PM
Also, if it's NOT worth getting, can anyone tell me which of the true Bazookas is better/more obtainable offline:

NUG-2000 Bazooka (I'd hunt it off of S-Reds in the packed-with-good-ranger-rares Greennill Mines with my FOnewearl)

The NUG is an 11 star item, making it very rare. It gives ATA+30, 10 less than Gi Gue Bazooka. It has an ATP of 400-660 (A range more than twice that of Gi Gue Bazooka's) and a max grind of 32. At max grind, it would give ATP+714 - An earth-shattering amount for a RA weapon.

Gi Gue Bazooka (not sure who I'd hunt it with, probably my max stat-ed HUcaseal. Outside of Gi Gue's Body, Whitill seaside SUCKS. Period.)

Gi Gue Bazooka is only 10 stars, thus more easily found. It has a special of Seize, while the NUG-2000 has no special afaik. It gives 10 more ATA than the NUG, though it has only 620 ATP and no grind.

Nohra
Nov 2, 2003, 06:36 PM
On 2003-11-02 15:26, TheAlmightyNewbie wrote:
Also, if it's NOT worth getting, can anyone tell me which of the true Bazookas is better/more obtainable offline:

NUG-2000 Bazooka (I'd hunt it off of S-Reds in the packed-with-good-ranger-rares Greennill Mines with my FOnewearl)

The NUG is an 11 star item, making it very rare. It gives ATA+30, 10 less than Gi Gue Bazooka. It has an ATP of 400-660 (A range more than twice that of Gi Gue Bazooka's) and a max grind of 32. At max grind, it would give ATP+714 - An earth-shattering amount for a RA weapon.

Gi Gue Bazooka (not sure who I'd hunt it with, probably my max stat-ed HUcaseal. Outside of Gi Gue's Body, Whitill seaside SUCKS. Period.)

Gi Gue Bazooka is only 10 stars, thus more easily found. It has a special of Seize, while the NUG-2000 has no special afaik. It gives 10 more ATA than the NUG, though it has only 620 ATP and no grind.

From what I recall of the Faust series, they were both just extremely powerful single target shot type weapons. I only played with the Panzer Faust though, so don't quote me on that.

The Gi Gue and NUG are both formidible weapons. I prefer the NUG, however. The damage is higher, and when you're using the Gi Gue, you'll find that it's really only effective against bosses, where the sieze isn't. In addition, the sieze is extremely innaccurate. If you want paralysis, just go with the Varista.

As above, the NUG and Gi Gue are really only effective on bosses. You can usually hit every area of their body, which makes for insane damage, ESPECIALLY with a RAcast (who doesn't get Rafoie, which only hits one area anyways).

My first character, pre FSOD-X was a RAcast. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

TheAlmightyNewbie
Nov 2, 2003, 06:41 PM
On 2003-11-02 15:36, Nohra wrote:

The Gi Gue and NUG are both formidible weapons. I prefer the NUG, however. The damage is higher, and when you're using the Gi Gue, you'll find that it's really only effective against bosses, where the sieze isn't. In addition, the sieze is extremely innaccurate. If you want paralysis, just go with the Varista.

As above, the NUG and Gi Gue are really only effective on bosses. You can usually hit every area of their body, which makes for insane damage, ESPECIALLY with a RAcast (who doesn't get Rafoie, which only hits one area anyways).

My first character, pre FSOD-X was a RAcast. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Really? My understanding was that they fired missile thingys that hit large groups for huge damage... basically the ultimate crowd control weapon. Do they not combo, or are they really slow? :

Nohra
Nov 2, 2003, 06:54 PM
Any of the photon-boosted weapons won't combo (Snow Queen, Iron Faust, etc.) The shot animation is also painfully slow, especially with a one shot weapon. I'd go for the Gi Gue or the NUGs. They're a lot faster and a LOT more powerful. And I know for a fact that the Panzer Faust, while it does combo, only hits one target.

Nohra
Nov 2, 2003, 06:56 PM
And as an afterthought, you can't obtain Photon Boosters in offline, anyways. o.o;

TheAlmightyNewbie
Nov 2, 2003, 07:00 PM
On 2003-11-02 15:54, Nohra wrote:
Any of the photon-boosted weapons won't combo (Snow Queen, Iron Faust, etc.) The shot animation is also painfully slow, especially with a one shot weapon. I'd go for the Gi Gue or the NUGs. They're a lot faster and a LOT more powerful. And I know for a fact that the Panzer Faust, while it does combo, only hits one target.

Ok, thanks. I'm actually glad that you said that: I wasn't looking forward to Spaceship runs. ST completely bastardized a level that could have been great by giving it crappy graphics, a tough, piss-you-off-30-times-before-I-fall boss, and a myriad of the cheapest, most annoying enemies out there. Gilchich lasers, Sorcerer G/M, Delsaber slashes, Gulgus/Gulgus-Gue tackles, and Baranz missiles make for a miserable experience in a crappy atmosphere. Not to mention the fact that nearly every ID has a crappy spaceship.

But does anyone know how the bazookas are for crowds? I would like to get more use out of a rare item like the NUG or Gi Gue Bazooka than just bosses...

edit:

On 2003-11-02 15:56, Nohra wrote:
And as an afterthought, you can't obtain Photon Boosters in offline, anyways. o.o;

Yeah, that's why I asked about the Panzer Faust. Then again, you never know when you'll find out one of your friends is an online PSO player willing to get one for you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheAlmightyNewbie on 2003-11-02 16:01 ]</font>

Nohra
Nov 2, 2003, 07:04 PM
Crowd control, they're not that great. Trust me. You're much better off with Baranz Parts or just a Charge Arms. They don't drop things fast enough to be effective, because you'll have an entire room of Vulmers surrounding you, and they'll all still have fairly high HP by the time they reach you. They are REALLY boss weapons, only. None of the multi-hit bazookas combo.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Nov 2, 2003, 07:10 PM
On 2003-11-02 16:04, Nohra wrote:
Crowd control, they're not that great. Trust me. You're much better off with Baranz Parts or just a Charge Arms. They don't drop things fast enough to be effective, because you'll have an entire room of Vulmers surrounding you, and they'll all still have fairly high HP by the time they reach you. They are REALLY boss weapons, only. None of the multi-hit bazookas combo.

They don't combo? Damn... oh well, thanks for the info. One less thing to hunt http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I have a charge launcher with 30 or 35 hit, looking for baranz parts currently

Hrith
Nov 2, 2003, 09:35 PM
Just correcting two things :
Shot-type weapons are faster than Launcher-type ones.
RED SCORPIO is even greater against bosses (doesn't need to lock to hit, and hits all parts).

I don't suggest hunting for a NUG or GI GUE, they're insanely rare.
Get either a BARANZ LAUNCHER or an S-RANK SHOT (wait, you do not have online...).
The best 'crowd-control' weapon will always be the SPREAD NEEDLE, cannot you find one on GREENNILL ?

Malkavian
Nov 3, 2003, 09:59 AM
Gi gue in offline is not that bad. I had one but traded it because in RAcast is nearly useless online. Since it doesn't combo the first hit always miss more and with the RAcast ata, hard or special attacks miss all the time. But in offline the enemies evasion is lower, thus that doesn't happen. And it can hit several enemies. It does a big rafoie, all the enemies inside the rafoie area get damage. Now I don't remember if it has 5 target limit or not.

The problem is that being offline is harder to find. Online with the tower quests is really findable.

But I also recommend you more the baranz. Is the shot with highest ATP without counting the dark meteor and the charge special is awesome. The only lowdown it targets 4 enemies instead of 5.

FeVer
Nov 3, 2003, 04:26 PM
I would also recoment the baranz, except that its special steals 200 metsa from you, so steer away from that. only other thing i had a problem with the baranz launcher for was because i'm a lvl 39 RaCast, and it didn't do enough damage on hard! i ,would shoot, and shoot, and shoot, and still... no kill... but maby offline its easier. As for panzer faust, iron faust, Gi gui, and NUG I have no clue... i have none of them...

Genoa
Nov 3, 2003, 06:52 PM
Just get a Frozen Shooter and end it!

Zarana
Nov 3, 2003, 06:58 PM
You're going to want the Gi Gue. The ten extra ATA is the make-or-break factor in these items, actually. With a comboless weapon, you're not going to want to waste time using the weak attack. Such a strategy is insane, and you'll look like a goof doing it because you'll be doing worse overall damage than a Crush Bullet. When you max your ATA, you can hit enemies with a strong attack of the Gi Gue. The NUG, however, is still extremely iffy with regards to that.

Additionally, the ATP difference is so slight between these two weapons that the NUG can't kill any enemy in the game in less hits than the Gi Gue.

ATA is all that matters.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Nov 3, 2003, 07:15 PM
Yeah, that's sort of what I thought about the two Bazookas, especially with the non combo-ing. My greennill can find Needle and B-Launcher, and I have a 20% hit Red Scorpio... would I still need it? And do any ID's have better chances at the Abdomen than others? (i.e. Greennill has better chance at Needle than other IDs according to psow)

Zarana
Nov 3, 2003, 07:22 PM
Nope, all the Gi Gue Bodies are equally rare. As are all the Spread Needles, that's probably a typo in that guide.

Anyway, I found my Gi Gue Body in Greennill from the single solitary Gi Gue in the Halloween Quest, so looking for it offline isn't like asking for the impossible. Just keep your confidence level up.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Nov 3, 2003, 07:24 PM
On 2003-11-03 16:22, Zarana wrote:
Nope, all the Gi Gue Bodies are equally rare. As are all the Spread Needles, that's probably a typo in that guide.

Anyway, I found my Gi Gue Body in Greennill from the single solitary Gi Gue in the Halloween Quest, so looking for it offline isn't like asking for the impossible. Just keep your confidence level up.

Ah. Okay, thanks. Let's see... if my memory serves, all ID's can find it except Bluefull and Skyly... Thus leaving me to get either my max stats HUcassy L75 from temple to CCA, or my L92 fonewearl from temple to cca. I'm thinking fonewearl, she has a megid of 25ish...