PDA

View Full Version : tonights simpsons

Jaks
Nov 2, 2003, 08:53 PM
In the Halloween special on tonight, the Frinkenstien episode, what was the point of the naked chic crossing guard?Are they really like that
in Sweden?

StrongBad
Nov 2, 2003, 09:23 PM
When is it on? Its on Fox right?

StrongBad
Nov 2, 2003, 09:29 PM
Nevermind, found it. Treehouse of Horror XIV, 8:00pm Ch. 2.

shifter
Nov 2, 2003, 11:08 PM
got no clue about the naked chick but it was a nice touch. was i the only one who felt that this halloween ep, just wasnt as funny as the past ones?

Aurra
Nov 3, 2003, 12:07 AM
I didn't think it was that funny at all. >_<

Also, the one were Homer became Death! Wow! That wasn't a ripoff of Family Guy or anything!

KamuiShirou
Nov 3, 2003, 12:32 AM
i have seen much better simpson halloween specials than what was on today the raven was my favorite of the simpson halloween specials, and i agree the Frinkenstien episode was not very good

Dime
Nov 3, 2003, 12:43 AM
On 2003-11-02 17:53, Jaks wrote:
Are they really like that
in Sweden?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....silly Americans.

trunkszero
Nov 3, 2003, 12:53 AM
its wasn't funny at all, well the intro with the aliens were though

Mixfortune
Nov 3, 2003, 01:06 PM
Yeah I agree that the only remotely funny part was when the aliens talked about it being aired in November, and even that wasn't all too funny.

Jaks
Nov 3, 2003, 07:23 PM
Yeah thats good... but no one answered my question...

KamuiShirou
Nov 4, 2003, 03:05 PM
i highly doubt it

alfredpacker
Nov 4, 2003, 03:12 PM
On 2003-11-02 20:08, shifter wrote:
was i the only one who felt that this halloween ep, just wasnt as funny as the past ones?

The whole show is a joke now. They really havent been funny for about 3 years now =/

_Ted_
Nov 6, 2003, 07:05 PM
On 2003-11-02 21:43, Dime wrote:

in Sweden?

What do you mean "silly Americans"!? Look at your signature! You're probably an American yourself!

Anyways, I didn't think the halloween episode was as funny as those in years past, but I still thought it was funny. What do you mean the whole shows just a joke now alfredpacker? Was it ever anything else. I still think the show is funny, that means that either your standards are high, mine are low, the level of funny has been going down at such a miniscule rate that I have yet to notice it, or the show is still as funny and everyone is just getting bored of it.

alfredpacker
Nov 8, 2003, 03:25 PM
On 2003-11-06 16:05, _Ted_ wrote:
What do you mean the whole shows just a joke now alfredpacker? Was it ever anything else. I still think the show is funny, that means that either your standards are high, mine are low, the level of funny has been going down at such a miniscule rate that I have yet to notice it, or the show is still as funny and everyone is just getting bored of it.

I'm sorry, please allow me to clarify what I said. The simpsons, starting around season 3, was a brilliant show (Season 1 and 2 not so much). This was because the show departed from being simply a sit-com/cartoon and really became a social commentary of sorts. Sadly as writers began to leave the show began to change. And at about season 9 it sunk completely into slap stick humor. Homer has become nothing more then a screaming moron and the other characters have also sadly become shallow and annoying (lisa more then others). Where before the humor was more suddle, almost as if you were hearing an inside joke, now the writers throw as much lame physical and verbal comedy at you as they can hoping you will laugh and something. At least southpark still deals with current issues and explores them in a commical manner. I refuse to watch the Simpsons anymore, last season sealed the deal.

Guile
Nov 8, 2003, 03:46 PM
The Swedish are horny.

Dime
Nov 8, 2003, 06:57 PM
On 2003-11-06 16:05, _Ted_ wrote:

On 2003-11-02 21:43, Dime wrote:

in Sweden?

What do you mean "silly Americans"!? Look at your signature! You're probably an American yourself!

It's a joke, and no I'm not. This is exactly what I meant by my post.

ex
Nov 8, 2003, 07:36 PM
i do agree that the simpsons have been in a slump the last couple of years, i still do, however, found their antics amusing. But come on, you have to give them some kind of break, they have been on the air for like 14,or 15 years. The fact that they can still come up with shows is amazing after that long.

AUTO_
Nov 9, 2003, 02:12 AM
I don't know why Simpson-vets (dare I say it?) bitch about the new seasons compared to the old. I find the new episodes to be just as funny and thought-out as the old ones, and I prefer the new Homer to the old Homer.

Call it personal preference, I guess. But in my mind, the Simpsons still kick major ass.