PDA

View Full Version : Magic Stone Iritista... worth it?

Shimarisu
Nov 3, 2003, 06:34 AM
My FOmar's starting to get into the high levels now, and at the rate I'm going will be level 200 by Christmas. I've realised I don't have all the best equipment, and feel I may be wasting some of the enjoyment of this character. I've basically 2 options:

1. Stop levelling for a while, find some new items on my other IDs.

2. Continue levelling, and to hell with it, I've played the game a bazillion times already.

I looked at the item charts and realised I could make a Rainbow Baton easily with excellent percents by buying a diska from the shop with 50% on hit and 50% in some other area. Trouble is, I do not have the Magic rock. I've not even got Agito 1975, my FOmar is Pinkal and I've piped literally over 30 Pal rappies. My Redria is a RAcast, and is level 100, but has not completed ANY AREAS offline. He'd also need to pipe with telepipes, and to be honest, I'm scared. What's the strategy for killing Hildetors with non-tech users? I usually cower behind the hill just inside the door and spam Grants or Zonde (yes I know it's not weak to Zonde, I'm just fricking terrified of going near the thing). I'm rubbish with guns and I use a spread type 90% of the time, rifles and mechs tend to go off target and I know I'm asking for a megid up the arse while trying to aim. Then again, there IS my frozen shooter (acquired by my FOnewearl as I cowered behind the wall, spamming Grants with my heart thumping). Again there is the problem of aiming the fricking thing.

I'm not too worried about the telepipes situation, but whether I'm able to handle Hildetorrs without techs is a definite concern. I usually use traps with problem enemies which is useful for the entire party, IMO my RAcast is a better support character than my 2 main FOs (FOmar and FOnewm). But I'm not going NEAR those things to plant traps, no fricking way. I really want a Rainbow Baton though, and I'm not sure why I'm setting myself up for the agony, the search for Agito has been SHEER HELL, but I see other FOmars with these, and I REALLY WANT ONE. Is it MUCH better than a 50% hit diska bought out of the shop? Is there an ATA bonus, and is it much more powerful?

And why is it only 11 fricking stars? Jesus, my Twinkle Star is that, and it took nothing LIKE the effort this is going to get. However I'm NOT going to bother piping for Psycho Wand, so this seems the only alternate in terms of the uber equipment, and I imagine my FOmar will do a lot more damage with Rainbow Baton than his techs will ever do.

- Shimarisu

PatserGOUKI
Nov 3, 2003, 08:02 AM
Hi,

Is it worth it...
Well it was for me, especially the fact that only redria can actually find it! Thats was worth it for me...

I also have an Fomar, but with all my forces, Ill only use techs, together with a cane like: psychowand or a caduceus...

I cannot imagine that a rainbow baton is actually stronger than the techs at lvl 30 with a tech boosting cane...
But anyhow: if you find the stone, make sure youll combine it with a diska with at least 40% hit!!!
Try to find that one too! Most important!

Gouki

toxic_420
Nov 3, 2003, 08:10 AM
my HUcast loves his rainbow baton, even though it makes him look camp. i regard them highly, and i encourage you to find an iritista.
it was my HUcast who found the stone from an angry hildetorr, in letter from lionel. confuse traps worked like a charm, as the two hidelts in the room double teamed the 'torr, while i was shooting red handgun photons into its thick armoured hide. and just in case, i brought my delsaber shield, dark/resist, perfect/resist and a *couple* scape dolls.

*eight*

Hrith
Nov 3, 2003, 08:55 AM
The most powerful Slicer, besides it is easy for it to have good % since you make it from a regular Slicer.
V sig, my RAmarl's favorite weapon.
V
V
V
V
V
V

Soukosa
Nov 3, 2003, 12:17 PM
You shouldn't have too much trouble taking on 'Torrs with your RAcast. I've taken on 2 of them so far with my RAcaseal. I'd say maybe level up a bit and grab a Frozen Shooter and he should be able to handle it just fine.

heyf00L
Nov 3, 2003, 12:38 PM
Piping torrs is easy and so is killing them. It just takes time. Especially Iritista because it's got a low drop rate. The average is about 20 Torrs and that could take like a week to pipe. Is that kind of time worth it? That's up to you. It's a great weapon tho.
I let a FOmar try out my S-Rank Twin and he let me try out his Rainbow Baton and I really liked it. I have a redria, but piping a Syncesta is killing me and I don't think I can go through it again.

rena-ko
Nov 3, 2003, 01:18 PM
i got my stone from the first torr slain which was the second torr seen after around 30 minutes of piping. just be sure to pack in enough scapedolls.
triggering 4 hidelts to appear is not that difficult, just kill the latest delt that lands in the last room.

i really recommend rainbow baton, especially if you have a nice hit slicer (me: 70 hit ^-^)

good luck

navci
Nov 3, 2003, 01:59 PM
I'd say it is worth it!
A friend gave me his old baton becaue he thinks it looks ridiculous. ... I swear I am gonna make my own some day when those stupid Torr decide to drop it!

So. Yes!

Ketchup345
Nov 3, 2003, 02:59 PM
Hildetorrs aren't that hard to fight without techs. I am a level 112 RAmarl and ave fought 13 Hildetorrs so far, haven't died at one yet. The Megid is easily avoided, and it is easy to get 100+ EDK. Just use 3 or 4 Resist/Devils and if you want, try using a Cure/Shock (Redria Forest Very Hard Hildeblue drop). Bringing Scapes could be extreamly useful also, as well as 10 Dimates, Trimates, and Star Atomizers each one you pipe.

Of the 13 Hildetorrs I saw, 5 were from Redria (FoS runs, looking for God/Battle, all accidental), none of them dropped the Magic Stone, but I wasn't planning on it either. There was someone here who killed 100+ Hildetorrs and no Magic Stone, so it may take quite a while.

Stalfos333
Nov 3, 2003, 03:05 PM
I'm at over 110, now. I lost count early on, and the 110 is since then...I'm considering giving up. The game obviously wants me to spend my time in another manner.

Mixfortune
Nov 3, 2003, 03:18 PM
I watched as my friend got it on his 2nd or 3rd 'torr. I traded a Stink Frame and 2 God/HPs (which didn't take me that long to get either) for it, and made a 0/35/0/0/50 Rainow Baton instead of a 0/0/0/80/0 Rainow Baton. I would say it's worth using, but I'm not sure about the piping part. The friend got lucky as far as finding the stone, but the 50% Hit Rainow Baton is VERY useful, especially for newer characters in Ultimate. I was able to get to Ult Ruins single player with a level 70 character using Rainbow Baton, but that was because I spent 10 levels in Forest leveling up.

Slicers used to hit 5 targets in DC, right?
So were all slicers changed to 4 targets, or just Rainow Baton? Because RB can only hit 4 targets...

Hrith
Nov 3, 2003, 03:28 PM
All Slicers, and I don't recall hitting 5 on DC :?