PDA

View Full Version : New Force...

JLX
Nov 3, 2003, 11:38 AM
In an attempt to have a slightly different playing experience, and to try out a few things that my other charcters cant use, I am trying to decide which kind of force character to play as...

Now my other characters are a lvl 120 Humar, lvl 106 Fomar, and a freshly made Racast, of which i already have experience in anyway. With the Humar, and the menagerie of temporary ranger classes ive tried, I feel the only class that retains life is now the female end of the force class...I love my Fomar to bits, and to aid the choices, he is a melee force...

I wish to try something different, and the Fonewearal is the logical choice, but a couple of points which arent incredibly, but are forcing me to make this really long and drawn out post. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

- Fonewearals look ugly
-I have a set of Ricos glasses, which although will take a lot of work to wear, are still something that I want to be able to say I can use...

The last points before I either get flamed, ignored etc, is that I am afraid that the Fomarl is too similar to the Fomar, and that I wont be getting lternitave gameplay as much as I had hoped...and the reason Fonewms are staying out of this is because one of my offline partners has one, and being different never hurts...

So what does everyone else think I should do?

Ok...let the firing begin.

Kent
Nov 3, 2003, 02:17 PM
Well, FOmarls make good melee Forces and are good for just casting support and recovery techniques (2x range boost on Resta, Anti, Shifta, and Deband), and the occasional Grants (50% boost is nice).

FOnewearls are the best Force character for doing damage to single enemies. That 30% boost to basic attack techniques makes them quite powerful against single targets, they get a Resta and Anti range boost, like the FOmarl, making them good for keeping the team in shape. And let's not forget the penetrating Megid, for Seabed runs. Just remember, outside of the very beginning of the game, you should never use non-technique attacks for damaging enemies.

So it all pretty much comes down to this: Do you want to have a versatile character, who is pretty good at using both normal attacks and techniques, and accels at supporting others, or do you want to give up the versatility and any potential at all for using non-technique attacks to off enemies, but gain a huge advantage against enemies with elemental weaknesses?

joncushing
Nov 3, 2003, 06:10 PM
Hey dont forget FOnewearls have the greatest MST growth compared to other FOs, so she will be able to use better spells quicker than other FOs, but one drawback i kinda found was that she is kinda slow at casting techniques (well she was when i used mine today with a hildebears cane, cant remember if equipped weapons affect casting speed, i think they do), so FOnewearl is prettty good, i recreated my FOmarl for a FOnewearl.

Kaos-Bringer-
Nov 3, 2003, 10:19 PM
ummm lol since when can fonewearls use rico's stuff? i know of at least one of the rico items that only fomarls can use... you can check the others... or all...

joluh
Nov 3, 2003, 11:16 PM
Hummm, well FOnewearls aren't ulgy!!! how could you say that, FOnewearls are the cutest character in the whole PSO world =P, of course after the RAcaseal ^_^

Well you're saying that you have a FOmar, and since FOmar and FOmarl are kinda the same, there's no point of making one =P, really, and for Rico's stuff, pah i've hear they sucks, and you need to be at level 140+ to use them...

So my vote goes for the FOnewearl, i was going to say FOnewm, but seem to go with the flow, and probbably think they're horrible looking...

JLX
Nov 4, 2003, 04:10 PM
Well actually Ithink if they're made right, the Fonewms look pretty damn cool, but still...

Well, it looks like im makin a Fonewearal...thanks for everyones advice and opinions!

Superguppie
Nov 5, 2003, 03:58 AM
On 2003-11-03 08:38, JLX wrote:
- Fonewearals look ugly

If that's the only thinh holding you back: Get over it, dude. Playing an ugly char every now and then is also an experience...

Landsi
Nov 5, 2003, 07:05 AM
Well if you look at my characters thats proof!