PDA

View Full Version : Rare mags, are they really that great?

Nintendochad
Nov 3, 2003, 06:57 PM
Hola people, i'm kinda new here, not to the site but to the forum. I was wondering, are rare mags really that great? I am seriously pondering this. Yeah they look super cool, and ya don't have to feed them, but other than that, are they really useful? Will they be reviving you more than other mags? Do enough of them have enough of the special abilites (eg invincibility, shifta/deband, etc) that would make someone go completely out of their way to get one? I was wondering this because i only have about five hours before the holloween season for pso ends, if i'm not mistaken. Anyway, thats it for me. Thanks in advance.

Zarana
Nov 3, 2003, 07:01 PM
No Mag that doesn't do invincibility for all of its specials is good. This basically leaves Soniti as the only rare Cell Mag that's worth going out of your way to get.

Solstis
Nov 3, 2003, 07:22 PM
Generally though, mag-cell mags are easier to raise level wise, but getting a hold of mag-cells (legitly) is a pain.

heyf00L
Nov 3, 2003, 07:29 PM
Mag Resta sucks because it's too slow. Mag S/D is only like level 5 and all mags should have Twins on them anyway.

I like mags that do the invincibility special, but a mag is like an extention of my character and looks are my number 1 priority. Second is if the mag is actually any good. -_-

muff
Nov 3, 2003, 07:46 PM
In regards to all of PSO including mags.
Looks > Stats.

capin_bucky_ohair
Nov 3, 2003, 07:54 PM
No matter what mag you decide even if it has shifta/deband. I would advise that you should have mylla/youlla as one of your photon blasts. Expect if you are playing with a force cause they have level 30 shifta/deband. HUnewearl and RAmarl don't really need it since they can use level 20 shifta/deband its optional if you want to add it in. HUmars, androids need it. Might as well add RAmar since they can only learn level 15 shifta/deband. The resta on a mag isn't really helpful, I say that because one the mag has a delay when recovering your hp and two it might not cover all of your hp.

s.TiNgEr
Nov 3, 2003, 07:58 PM
Go for looks.. that's the only thing I do....

navci
Nov 3, 2003, 08:52 PM
I think mag invincibility == good.
S/D Mags are kinda pointless for me since my main is a FO, but if you have a bot then it's better than nil I guess.

I do find rare mags more reliable than non-rare mags in terms of their bonuses they do. Like... I have yet to see my Nidra Stingy not invincible me when it is supposed to. ... As for reviving, that is tricker...I heard the Rati is supposed to be quite reliably do that though....

Strider_Gren
Nov 3, 2003, 09:08 PM
All I know is that I wouldn't trade my Rati for anything...

Shadow_010
Nov 3, 2003, 09:18 PM
Id say the best rare mag you can get is a nidra...they cast invincibility on your most of the time and raising there stats is cake,one monomate will fill about 1/3 of the bar

joluh
Nov 3, 2003, 10:40 PM
On 2003-11-03 16:58, s.TiNgEr wrote:
Go for looks.. that's the only thing I do....

Exactly, and btw every site is wrong, NIDRA WILL NEVER NEVER NEEEEVEEERRRR REVIVE YOU!!!

And btw Pushan's Resta it's like level 1 X_x', but the S/D it's pretty good

Erendell
Nov 4, 2003, 01:32 PM
Mags never seem to revive me EVER!

Max IQ max synch Rati - revived about once out of 20+ deaths. Max IQ max synch Chu Chu - Never out of 5ish deaths. RAR

Who needs Reverser on a mag! It never works so just get scape dolls as would you really REALLY risk taking on Ultimate Olga offline with just a mag to revive you?

Zarana
Nov 4, 2003, 01:36 PM
Deva is notorious for actually bothering to revive. Opa Opa used to, I'm not sure if it still does on the GameCube version.

Ketchup345
Nov 4, 2003, 05:20 PM
Mag Resta is dependant on your MST I heard, so Androids have a pathetic one. Also, my Rati (max Synch and IQ) is pretty good at reviving, once it revived twice in a row. It is somewhat relaible, maybe 1/5. The non-rare Mags have a much lower revive and special rate.

NiteOwl
Nov 5, 2003, 08:41 AM
I pretty much go for looks, so I've made a bunch of Satos, since I think they're cute. I also changed my mind Kabanda into a Chu Chu, since I think Kabanda is ugly and Chu Chu goes much better with my FOnewearl.

Primrose
Nov 5, 2003, 09:26 AM
On 2003-11-04 14:20, Ketchup345 wrote:
Mag Resta is dependant on your MST I heard, so Androids have a pathetic one. Also, my Rati (max Synch and IQ) is pretty good at reviving, once it revived twice in a row. It is somewhat relaible, maybe 1/5. The non-rare Mags have a much lower revive and special rate.

Exactly, hes right, rare mags tend to support you more often.
PSOW has a more or less reliable guide to the Mag specials. Why not have a look?

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1016

To answer your question: they for sure are better than normal mags, but as you can see, people go for looks over stats, i think thats the main reason why people have rare mags, although i find that there are a lot of nice looking normal mags.
Now, I actually think Shifta/Deband is pretty useful on a mag. If you have an Android and play offline you know what im talking about...
Pretra will always do Shifta/Deband.

You can also use a rare mag for the creation of an item (Striker of Chao, Chuchu Fever)

But i fear that you will have to wait for the Saint Rappies to appear if you want a Mag Cell, since the Hallo Rappies are gone now.

Nintendochad
Nov 6, 2003, 09:53 AM
Wow, thanks everyone. Even though I still didn't get a mag cell to get one of those infamous mag cell mags, I feel good that alot of people posted, and not only did i get lots of information but i'm am reassured that rati is actually a good mag. , because its a pain in the wrong side of the anatomy to raise. When i'm done, Rati should have 20 to defence, 130 to power, 50 to dexterity and 0 to mind (got a Humar). I was wondering, is this a good mag for a Humar? Thanks people.

Capricornus
Nov 6, 2003, 10:57 AM
On 2003-11-06 06:53, Nintendochad wrote:
Wow, thanks everyone. Even though I still didn't get a mag cell to get one of those infamous mag cell mags, I feel good that alot of people posted, and not only did i get lots of information but i'm am reassured that rati is actually a good mag. , because its a pain in the wrong side of the anatomy to raise. When i'm done, Rati should have 20 to defence, 130 to power, 50 to dexterity and 0 to mind (got a Humar). I was wondering, is this a good mag for a Humar? Thanks people.

I would retrieve 15 from your defence to put in either POW or in DEX (14 DEX, 1 POW) if I were you

Ghost007
Nov 6, 2003, 07:26 PM
For all of u Nidra haters out there (dissin his reverser) U R ALL WRONG, I have Drake (FO) using Nidra, and he looks sweet, not only that REVERSER ALL THE TIME AND INVINCIBILITY!!!! and i actually do trust my nidra to reverse me he does it a lot but not risky enuf to take it to olga flow without scape dolls lol

DirtyDan311
Nov 6, 2003, 08:03 PM
all about the looks here. i mostly raise satos, just because you cna get the many color you want, which is cool. you gots to match outfits, or just get a rare color. too bad sato is so popular.

Nintendochad
Nov 6, 2003, 09:32 PM
Its possible to take on Olga flow with dolls or even without reverser (only offline so far though) I've seen a lvl 118 fo take on olga flow countless times and win, without dying, got his ass handed to him but he didn't die. All he did was stay far away from flow and kicked his ass with whatever element he hated, except ice i think. But to this day, he hasn't given him a parasite gene again. He got one and lost it and its duplicates in a memory card crash....wasn't his card though, so he's been trying to find it ever since, which brings me to the question. How is the best way to hunt for the parasite gene flow? Sorry this is off topic but i really need to know, thanks.

P.S. i'll consider shifting some of my defence to pow

Eihwaz
Nov 6, 2003, 10:30 PM
Heh, Ratis, if raised right, are reliable, useful, and cool looking Mags. I have only 1 (and am raising at least 2 others...>_<) and it is a great Mag, especially for a HUcast since it gives S/D frequently. Nidras are also good, I hear. I'm in the process of raising one...And I agree with whoever said it first: if you don't like raising the Ep1&2 Mags, but want invincibility for all situations, go with Soniti. Robotic rabbit heads forever!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

joluh
Nov 6, 2003, 10:41 PM
On 2003-11-06 16:26, Ghost007 wrote:
For all of u Nidra haters out there (dissin his reverser) U R ALL WRONG, I have Drake (FO) using Nidra, and he looks sweet, not only that REVERSER ALL THE TIME AND INVINCIBILITY!!!! and i actually do trust my nidra to reverse me he does it a lot but not risky enuf to take it to olga flow without scape dolls lol

LUCKY!!! mine NEVER revive me =(, and i don't hate them, for some reason i created one... ?_?' actually my fave mag is Nidra ^_^ along with the Clownish looking one, forgot the name, Sato and Pushan, hummmm i just need Runknim ((the clownish one)) to complete my collection of fave mags =D

EDIT: forgot to say that anyway my FOnewm never dies =P, maybe that's why my Nidra haven't had the time to revive me...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: joluh on 2003-11-06 19:43 ]</font>