PDA

View Full Version : GC-Item: Caduceus

Genoa
Nov 3, 2003, 07:02 PM
My FOmar (bluefull lvl.85) finally made it to Ultimate Caves. I can get it from a Red Slime. 2 Questions.

1. Is it a REALLY REALLY good force weapon or just good.

2. What are the chances of him dropin it. (better not be as low as Hildetor's Heaven Punisher!)

?

Zarana
Nov 3, 2003, 07:08 PM
He drops it 50% of the time, it's not really that good, and it's easier to find it from So Dimenian in the V-Hard Ruins than it is to Pipe for a Slime. Just do a couple Endless Nightmares, save yourself some boredom and trouble.

Genoa
Nov 3, 2003, 07:11 PM
So Dimenian gives my Caduceus?! Ah well, i'd rather pipe for slimes seeing I need the ult exp. My tech disks are high enough to take caves. I just didn't feel like going until I got Holy Ray from Sil Dragon. (that dirty sonova...)

Genoa
Nov 3, 2003, 07:19 PM
oh, and it is better than my Hildebear&blue's canes? Or wait... rephrase, Does it boosts the power of grants by a good amount compared to hildebear&blue's canes boosting Barta and Foie techniques?

Eihwaz
Nov 3, 2003, 07:58 PM
Unless I am much mistaken, I believe it boosts the power of Grants 20%. It's a Rod-type weapon, so it adds extra defense. It's special attack shoots a decent level foie out...Fairly useful, although I don't use it much. Give it to a FOmarl with high level grants for huge damage. (Especially on Falz Part 3). So, in essence, having one equipped would be like equipping a hypothetical "HOLY MERGE" that boosts all holy magic by 20%. Bleh, that was a crappy comparision, but I think you understand.

Oh, and it looks kinda cool. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2003-11-03 17:01 ]</font>

joluh
Nov 3, 2003, 10:38 PM
I've found one long ago off a So Demian ((or however they're called)), i never use it tho, i'm a FOnewm, i rather make things explode with my RA techs ^_^

Btw it looks pretty good, specially on FOnewearl

Jazhara
Nov 4, 2003, 06:24 AM
On 2003-11-03 19:38, joluh wrote:
I've found one long ago off a So Demian ((or however they're called)), i never use it tho, i'm a FOnewm, i rather make things explode with my RA techs ^_^

Btw it looks pretty good, specially on FOnewearl

For any low-level FO in ULT it's pretty handy, Grants makes short work of Hildes.

Mystil
Nov 4, 2003, 06:39 AM
It's not really that good huh?

It is for a FOnewearl. That extra defense boost plus 30 Deband and a decent armor has your defense score well above 1100. That typically is Cad's only real use. Other than the boost in grants, and free Foie spell.

I used it with my Fone for almost 120 levels, before putting it away for good and going with the Madams Parasol.

Soukosa
Nov 4, 2003, 11:36 AM
I find it really useful on my FOmarl for when going through Ult Temple (2 Grants = Dead Ob). There's other places where it's quite useful, but since she's mainly melee, I don't use it as much as I could. It was also quite useful on my FOnewearl, when I'd fight an enemy that was weakest to Grants.

Genoa
Nov 4, 2003, 05:48 PM
Is the Caduceus's Foie attack stronger than Hildebear's Cane?

Olga-Rappy
Nov 5, 2003, 05:17 AM
Boost is 30%, as for the special, I have no idea.

Armok
Nov 5, 2003, 06:12 AM
It makes my Fonewman look Roman. I always use it online and just strut about casting support techs.

The grants boost is important to me for the FoS runs to get a God Battle.

In conclusion it rocks for looks and any grants weak enemys but overall the following i find better for the caster type force - Psycho wand, Twinkle star, Summit Moon and Sorc Arm Wand.