PDA

View Full Version : Whats the difference?

ilr2000
Nov 3, 2003, 07:51 PM
I'm trying to convince a buddy of mine that PSO episode II is so far improved over v2 that it's not even funny. There are so many changes that its actually hard to remember them all. If you guys can think of absolutly ANY improvement/adjustments/fixes from the last DC version of PSO, the please post it here so I can put it all into one gian txt file and slap my friend over the forehead with it.

Stuff I can think of from the top of my head:
-Hunters can't use spreads (thank god)
-Exclusive techs like HUmars cant use SD.. and only FOs can use Megid/Grants/Reverser.
-HUnewearl and RAmarl givin magic that's actually worth two shits
-Player ATA to enemy EVP ratio GREATLY balanced.
-Deletion of lazi-fying items like state/maintenence
-Its actually possible to find shit, and each section ID shows very unique characteristics. (unlike in v2 where almost everyone could find the same thing from the same place)
-increased depth of magic related stuff like natural tech bonuses based on class, tech bonuses from merges, and tech bonuses from certain weapons. (Mention something if I'm missing it). And all of the said tech bonuses combine for m4d tech bonuses XD.
-The newman's TP regenerate at the cast's HP regenerate.
-Limited material consumtion-- indirectly causing very unique strategizing from player to player.
-Home brewed special mags (if this was in v2 and I just didn't kno then tell me -_-)
-Mags are actually very important, as opposed to in v2 when your stats where maxed with or without your mag equipped.
-EXP levels adjusted to be less insane.

That's all I can think of right now.. I KNOW there is more....

Ketchup345
Nov 3, 2003, 08:00 PM
New classes (I think this is the first time HUcaseal?, RAmarl, and FOmar appear).

Also, new weapons and armor (if not mentioned), and modified stats.

If online no NOLing.

Character stats modified.

Hrith
Nov 3, 2003, 08:55 PM
Episode II (d'oh)

Ultimate is more humane.

Drop rate as well.

EDK has a purpose.

Did you mention offline multi-player ? if you did then add that it allows you to transfer items offline, on your own.

Rare Armours & Shields Lv requierement is within human reach.

PSO DC has no longer any online mode.

Androids have their own 'trap growth'.

Many new cool-looking weapons.
9-star ones revamped.

DRAGON SLAYER, GAE BOLG, BRAVACE, FINAL IMPACT, JUSTY 23-ST, DISKA OF BRAVEMAN, CROSS SCAR, DURANDAL, L&K14 COMBAT beside being common and looking cool, can deal very good damage.

CrimsonII2
Nov 4, 2003, 02:09 AM
hmm, another is, no pking of any kind online, or anything of that sort, also, that hp regeneration is for all androids, not just the male ones (the casts are the male ones http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif)

RFB
Nov 4, 2003, 04:02 AM
How about:

-Sega screwed up online CH mode making it a piece of cake, so it's no longer challenguing.
-Each lobby has it's own decoration, so the game is much cutier.
-Events have effect both in lobbys&games.
-More dresses/bodys for all classes.
-Techs have "special effects" when their level is over 15.
-Quests that in DC were only available if downloaded are now accesible trough single mode offline.
-New online quests, or single and multi player.
-Downloadable minigames for GBA.

If I remember more, I'll write them down, but that's all for now.

A2K
Nov 4, 2003, 04:25 AM
While they're not really hardware pushing the visuals in the Episode 2 stages are stunning (Gal Da Val... *drool*... and let's not forget all the reflections in Seabed).

The Xbox Live version features voice chat. Hmm...

-LordNikon-
Nov 4, 2003, 04:56 AM
More dynamic method for taking in-game snapshots.