PDA

View Full Version : USB memory card Q?!

Ghost007
Nov 3, 2003, 10:00 PM
OK I've been playing PSO for a while, and would hate to lose my guy to the almighty C word. But if I bought a USB memory card will there be a fullproof way to create a back up. I mean will I b able to transfer a guy at a time and back it up and download it bak to the USB card. Or is there another way, and is it worth buying?

VioletSkye
Nov 3, 2003, 10:22 PM
On 2003-11-03 19:00, Ghost007 wrote:
OK I've been playing PSO for a while, and would hate to lose my guy to the almighty C word. But if I bought a USB memory card will there be a fullproof way to create a back up. I mean will I b able to transfer a guy at a time and back it up and download it bak to the USB card. Or is there another way, and is it worth buying?

Nothing is ever fullproof, however the USB card does an excellent job of backing up your chars. You will not be able to transfer a guy at a time as the card will save and reload the entire character file. If you don't feel like buying a USB card you can get download a free utility called GCS (I'd assume for GameCube Save.) It does primarily the same thing the USB card does. It also uses the .gci format to save your files so in the regard they are compatible. I tried it today and it was fairly easy to use (although I have a USB card also.) Give it a try and save some cash. BTW if you have any questions regarding GCS, feel free to post questions in their forums. Both CrowTRobo and Costis are very good about trying to assist people who use their programs.

I forgot to mention that you need to be using the BBA to do this. If you aren't using one and still want to get a USB card I would try Ebay first and if that doesn't pan out, try http://www.play-asia.com I've always had great luck with them.

GCS Program (http://www.gcdev.com/index.shtml)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-11-03 19:29 ]</font>

Ghost007
Nov 3, 2003, 10:48 PM
thanx, but i still kinda want a USB card, just cuz i want to bak everything else up too, and how would u transfer regular stuff off a card to ur computer without a usb card? unless i read it wrong? correct me lol

trunkszero
Nov 3, 2003, 10:54 PM
which 1 is the actual program?

VioletSkye
Nov 3, 2003, 11:47 PM
On 2003-11-03 19:48, Ghost007 wrote:
thanx, but i still kinda want a USB card, just cuz i want to bak everything else up too, and how would u transfer regular stuff off a card to ur computer without a usb card? unless i read it wrong? correct me lol

Using GCS you can save and transfer memory card files via the BBA, similair in fashion to using PSO Proxy.

which 1 is the actual program?
In my post above click where it says GCS Program. Download GCS 1.0a, located at the top of the main page.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-11-03 20:51 ]</font>