PDA

View Full Version : Fan Fiction character names needed

Robert_Wolf
Nov 4, 2003, 11:18 AM
I need some names for characters in a fan fiction i am writing. It is going to be a continous series, so I need some memorable character names.

Please post a name or code-name and whether or not this character should be a hero or villian.

Robert_Wolf
Nov 4, 2003, 11:27 AM
This is an edit to this, I just noticed the character index above (oops!).

However, everyone wants to be good, I need some evil characters. Please post them with the same required info as in the index.

MQuantum
Nov 4, 2003, 01:25 PM
Urph... names...

Names are very hard... to get good ones...

I don't have any names to give, but I can give you some help.

You can try finding a name generator, on the internet, but it's really hard to find a good one. You could also try to just write down random letters into a name that looks good to you.

Harsher sounding names make better good bad guy names, and names that roll off the toungue or are very interseting make good good guy names.

You can also use chopped up bits of actual things, like cities, to make interesting names. I once recorded the names of cities I passed on a trip and used those as a basis for the names in a story.

if you come up with your own names, you never have to worry about misrepresenting someone's character.

AND IMPORTANT! This probably should have gone towards the top... You might want to ask people to PM the descriptions instead of posting them here. Hikosaka is a little touchy about that in particular...

Mixfortune
Nov 4, 2003, 01:30 PM
I have many, many names for charatcers of fics...
Unfortunately, I'm currently using all of them...
Good luck in your searches though.

Try what MQuantum suggested and use a notebook page to write down some sounds that you like, then modify them in different ways until you find some combinations that work. Often just thinking of random sounds can get you going. Just try to refrain from names like Nxcnauh and just plain random letters http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2003-11-04 10:31 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Nov 4, 2003, 01:49 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=52842&forum=12&125