PDA

View Full Version : I have to ask...

ZygonCorta
Nov 4, 2003, 12:43 PM
Will u be able to transfer your old character to Episode III?

Zaneatron
Nov 4, 2003, 12:54 PM
no, this and the other versions arnt compatible in the slightest. the level structure is different, the exp levels are different, how you get exp is different. its a completely new game. why would you be able to transfer data. and if so how could you give equivalent levels to people. the max in ep3 is 999 in ep1/2 its 200. it couldnt work.
at any rate, your char doesnt fight, you use NPC's as it were. you arnt them, but you use them to fight with. but you create a char for the lobbys, thats all.

Link00seven
Nov 4, 2003, 05:25 PM
The following DOES transfer over

--Guild Card Info
--Serial # and Acess Key
--Your Hunters License

This is so you can still communicate with your friends on EpI&II and so you dont need another HL.

Vetto
Nov 4, 2003, 10:05 PM
Well since this is the question therd i got one.

Will you be able to talk to people form E1&2 In there lobbies.

Link00seven
Nov 4, 2003, 11:37 PM
From what I understand, when PSO EpIII is released in Japan, it will connect and use Episode I&II servers.

This means you can see, talk to, communicate, with all your friends on PSO EpI&II. Hell, meet up in a lobby with them. The difference is that your name will be YELLOW instead of white, and you cannot join teams with them. Also note: I'm not sure, but, I think that even though EpIII isnt out coming out in the US or EU until later, you can still connect to there server.

If I have confused you, just think of PSO Ver.2. PSO EpIII works like that, except you cant play with people on EpI&II.

Getintothegame
Nov 5, 2003, 12:24 AM
In short: Yes, you can talk to Ep. 1 and 2 people. You can even go to their lobbies, but they cant go to the 5 card lobbies.

Zaneatron
Nov 5, 2003, 11:31 AM
i dont see how your guild card data, or serial number and so on can be carried over. seeing they are different games. the serial and access key are different on different games, so this way your licence is tied into your disc.
mabye what hapens is you enter in your new numbers from ep3 and they then attatch them to your old numbers so the licence covers both games, but unless you had a JP import ep1/2 it wont work.

Link00seven
Nov 5, 2003, 11:38 AM
I think its going to work 1 of 2 ways.

1: Sega makes it so EpIII will allow your EpI&II numbers to be put in, or transfered over, so that you keep your same Guild Card and such.

OR

2: You put in your EpI&II and EpIII Serial, and sega links them together that way.

I have the JP EpI&II, so when I get JP EpIII, I'll let you all know how it works http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AppieDPC
Nov 5, 2003, 01:30 PM
I think they will link Ep1&2 serial with Ep3 serial.
Actually I am pretty damn sure of that! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Just like v1-v2 linking this will probably be no different. And perhaps if you put your Ep3 game on a Ep1&2 card, Ep3 will use the Ep1&2 Guild Card file. Any other way I don't think would work "with using your Ep1&2 Guild Card file on Ep3", seeing that you can't copy that stupid file to another memory card.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AppieDPC on 2003-11-05 10:31 ]</font>