PDA

View Full Version : Plantain fan

capin_bucky_ohair
Nov 4, 2003, 09:14 PM
Is a Plantain fan a good force weapon?

Soukosa
Nov 4, 2003, 09:35 PM
Yeah, it's one of the best partisan type weapons that a FO can use. My FOmarl uses one.

capin_bucky_ohair
Nov 4, 2003, 09:40 PM
in that case i could give it to my FOmarl I found the Plantain Leaf with my pinkal force and tekked it till i got a 20 dark

Kupi
Nov 4, 2003, 10:18 PM
There are two Plantain Fans: the Wand and the Partisan. I know the Partisan is decent, and the Wand is... well, I've never used the Wand, but I can tell you that if it's a Wand, it's not a meleer's weapon.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Nov 4, 2003, 10:24 PM
On 2003-11-04 19:18, Kupi wrote:
There are two Plantain Fans: the Wand and the Partisan. I know the Partisan is decent, and the Wand is... well, I've never used the Wand, but I can tell you that if it's a Wand, it's not a meleer's weapon.

Yeah, the only Wands that are really useful are the ones with tech bonuses :/

jDA025
Nov 7, 2003, 08:14 AM
the Plantain Leaf makes the Plantain Fan while the Fatsia (this is what i want) yields a Plantain Huge Fan...i am just wondering, what is the special of these 2 weapons exactly do?

Primrose
Nov 8, 2003, 05:44 AM
The special is a ranged attack, referring to the strong wind mentioned in the item description.
While the MST boost of +55 surely is nice, i will have to agree with TheAlmightyNewbie, without any technique boosts the weapon is not really that useful.
However, Plantain Huge Fan is a very nice weapon for melee forces, especially with good hit %, as forces, and FOmars in particular, have very low ATA.

Kupi
Nov 8, 2003, 10:53 AM
I think he was referring to the exact effect of the wind gust... I've never noticed anything special about it other than it goes a little farther, does half damage, and never hits. X_x