PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions and Ideas

Rogue100
Nov 5, 2003, 01:17 AM
I am now close to getting my first S-Rank, and I am going to get a rifle, and have been having a little trouble coming up with a good name for it. I am hoping some of you can give me a couple ideas. Not that I'll neccesarily use any of them, but maybe hearing some stuff will help to get the old creative juices flowing to come up with something myself. Thanks!

polishedweasel
Nov 5, 2003, 03:20 AM
Hmmm...why not something that isn't a rifle...that sounds really good to me. Try a sword..or a double saber.

Alteisen
Nov 5, 2003, 04:55 AM
Well, I named my first S-Rank the Guilty Sword, with the intent of starting the "Guilty" series of weapons. It's not terribly original, but I like the sound of the word "guilty."

If you're going to take this route in naming your first and future S-Ranks (an easy way out, IMO), choose a good descriptive name that will fit pretty much every weapon you think you'll use.

If you're going to name each S-Rank differently, try choosing "fun" names that can work with the weapon type. Like something corny along the lines of "Get Shot" and "Siamese Twin," for starters (my one friend used the latter for his first S-Rank).

Or you could combine the two ideas into a theme. Different names, yet working in the same motif. Like... I dunno. A Rockman motif: Z Saber, Spark Shot, Shadow Blade, and whatnot.

Just a thought.

Jazhara
Nov 5, 2003, 11:08 AM
T RIFLE

SpyroDi
Nov 5, 2003, 01:28 PM
There also could be a Fire Emblem motif,based on the holy weapons from that series. You could make like an Ichival Rifle.

Rogue100
Nov 5, 2003, 03:51 PM
Hmmm...why not something that isn't a rifle...that sounds really good to me. Try a sword..or a double saber.

No, I've pretty much already decided that I'm going with a rifle! The character it will be for is a ranger, and I like rifles for my rangers. Thanks though!

There also could be a Fire Emblem motif,based on the holy weapons from that series. You could make like an Ichival Rifle.

I'm not familiar with what this refers to! Sounds interesting though!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rogue100 on 2003-11-05 12:52 ]</font>

Ueiji
Nov 5, 2003, 11:33 PM
Gauss Rifle
Precision Rifle oops wont fit
Or the unoriginal Sniper RifleNah
Veteran Rifle
Air Rifle

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ueiji on 2003-11-05 20:37 ]</font>

haruna
Nov 8, 2003, 09:47 PM
Hi Rogue, how are you?

I just got 2 S-ranks, the Flaccid Sword and the Riese twin. Riese being my "main" character so to speak.

Other S-Rank puns:
Bi Partisan(that's my political humor)
Rabies Shot or Vodka Shot
Sugar Cane
Dr Claw(I like Inspector Gadget)

AxemPunanny
Nov 9, 2003, 05:06 AM
dam, Rogue, there are so many possibilities. you can base it off ur character. u can base it off themes, like Alt is thinking with his "guilty" series. you can base off another game, another char. i know sometimes it's tough to think, let alone, decide on one, cuz it's permanent. i could give you a name, that I like, but I might actually use it myself. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

hopefully my suggestions up there can lead you to a name.

Rogue100
Nov 9, 2003, 07:34 AM
On 2003-11-08 18:47, haruna wrote:
Hi Rogue, how are you?

I just got 2 S-ranks, the Flaccid Sword and the Riese twin. Riese being my "main" character so to speak.

Other S-Rank puns:
Bi Partisan(that's my political humor)
Rabies Shot or Vodka Shot
Sugar Cane
Dr Claw(I like Inspector Gadget)

Hi Haruna,

I'm doing good. Congrats on your S-Ranks. I think I've decided to go with a reference to another game. Although I'm not sure on that yet. This is turning out to be tougher than I thought, especially since I've come up with alot of good names for many of the other S-Rank weapons, yet for the rifle I've had a hard time coming up with anything really clever, and it is the rifle that I want to get!

Kasumi19
Nov 11, 2003, 12:58 AM
Congrats on almost getting your first s-rank! I only need C8 and C9 to finish c-mode myself, but I know some of my times will likely need to be redone because many have have been awful, but I think I am getting better as time progresses. I have pondered a few names for my S-ranks for when I finally get some, but have not made a full decision on it.

On 2003-11-04 22:17, Rogue100 wrote:
I am now close to getting my first S-Rank, and I am going to get a rifle, and have been having a little trouble coming up with a good name for it. I am hoping some of you can give me a couple ideas. Not that I'll neccesarily use any of them, but maybe hearing some stuff will help to get the old creative juices flowing to come up with something myself. Thanks!

haruna
Nov 11, 2003, 04:32 AM
Yumster names all of her S-ranks after the characters plays. Yummy Sword, Storm Twin, this seems to be the most typical method of naming stuff.

Rogue100
Nov 11, 2003, 06:03 AM
Thanks for the input everyone! I've decided what I'm going to name it, now I just have to actually get it, which is proving a little harder than I thought as I have had trouble finding teams for the final two stages when I've been on! Well, anyways here is what I came up with!

STELTEK RIFLE

This is a reference from an old P.C. game. Bonus points to anyone who can name the game it comes from!

AxemPunanny
Nov 11, 2003, 05:28 PM
Alot of my characters are references to other games or characters from other games or from other topics. Their own particular srank weapon is usually reflected off my character and their references.

One example is my HUcast, Ragnarok. Back during the dreamcast days I had a character name Laguna:Lock (HUmar), who is now on GCN. As it is said on his card, Ragnarok is the android form of Laguna. One of my all time favorite games, Shining Force 3 (all 3 scenarios), had a weapon called the Gigantic Axe. This weapon had a special attack called.... Laguna Lock, which transformed the Axe to a "gigantic" axe, which the character spun and thwomped it's target (usually "utterly destroying" them, the instant kill). Laguna Lock was the named given in the English version (only scenario 1 was domestic). In the Japanese version, it was called Ragnarok. You get the correlation? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Well with Ragnarok, I named his srank, Laguna Sword. I wish there was an axe class of weapons. The Victor Axe is the only thing in the game. I would've had an axe for him.

A quicker reference is with my FOmar, XPunanny, naming his srank, Koochie Twin. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif