PDA

View Full Version : usa pack

-STE-
Nov 5, 2003, 12:56 PM
http://www.phantasystaronline.it/images2/pso3pack.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-11-05 14:23 ]</font>

anwserman
Nov 5, 2003, 01:36 PM
That little symbol in the corner screws any chance of it coming to the X-Box...

Zaneatron
Nov 5, 2003, 01:43 PM
sweet http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
a little big dont you think STE? maybe some re-sizing is the order of the day

Link00seven
Nov 5, 2003, 02:47 PM
Cool http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SolRiver
Nov 5, 2003, 03:21 PM
well... that little tag can mean this disc is only for gamecube

Zaneatron
Nov 5, 2003, 03:35 PM
please enlighten us, o great one (SolRiver), when
have you ever seen a game, with words to that
effect, and then seen it come out on other consoles.
i find myself looking at things like zelda, mario,
SMB, and see the same logo on them. i then realise
that these games have not comeout on any other
console, would you believe it. i then look at THPS4
and note it doesnt posess one of these fabled "only
for" logo's on it and realise that this game is on
every freakin console.
My conclusion: that this game is only for Game
Cube, so stop hoping, the discussion is over.

and for all those who want a smaller pic of the cover here it is http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
http://www.uberlosers.co.uk/ep3cover.JPG
it just about fits onto the screen

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zaneatron on 2003-11-05 12:40 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Nov 5, 2003, 05:19 PM
My conclusion: that this game is only for Game Cube, so stop hoping, the discussion is over.

okay, well whatever...

no one knows unless sega themselves said so, and up to this point sega hasn't said anything about it being available on xbox. so your opinion is as good as anyone else and that doesn't mean the discussion is over. i'd rather go with verified ST facts.

though have to admit, the possibility of downloading new cards on a possible xbox release is a really attractive idea and will keep the game interesting and it will keep evolving.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-11-05 14:28 ]</font>

Zaneatron
Nov 5, 2003, 05:31 PM
i was going to say something along those lines when i originally posted that, but i felt too ill to go any further. my sinus's really hurt,as does my face. i admit that this isnt set in stone, and is still subject to change. im guessing that if it does stay like this and it is released as shown, it will be GC exclusive.
i dont really care if it goes to xbox, its sega who make the decision with microsoft. sorry about that, i just felt too bad.

SolRiver
Nov 5, 2003, 07:18 PM
Even if that thing said only for gamecube they can actually still put it on xbox. All they got to do is change the name a bit. Example is sonic advance on GBA now on N-Gage as Sonic-N. So, unless the company announce.. nothing is for certain.

Zaneatron
Nov 5, 2003, 07:29 PM
but its not the same game? Sonic-N its a different game, and sonic games arnt exclusive to any console now.

you cant use that as an example, because it has no basis to it.

You seem to be implying that all SEGA/Microsoft have to do is change the name of the game and then its also exclusove to another colsole. so tell me this, what are they going to change the nameof the game to? You do understand that costs money, lots of money. Here in the UK, a TV channel callet ITV got a new logo. that cost them a lot of money, i dont know how much. But then they took the logo and altered it slightly so it was shiny and slightly 3-D, it cost them 200 million pounds to do it i believe. seems kinda ridiculous thinking about it, it may not have been that much but im pretty certain it was.

You just dont seem able to accept that this could possibly be GC exclusive. at the moment it looks that way, but it could change. but when that logo is stamped on a game it means that it isi exclusive to the particular console.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zaneatron on 2003-11-05 16:30 ]</font>

Getintothegame
Nov 5, 2003, 08:03 PM
I was about to post it, but anyway, It looks nice!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2003-11-05 17:07 ]</font>

SolRiver
Nov 5, 2003, 08:47 PM
sonic-N was almost same as sonic advance... ppl called it a ripped off version of sonic advance... basically sonic advance without chaos garden and the ability to coop with sonic adventure 2 battle. other wise it is pretty much the same thing...

when a company see it seems to be a good move which allow them to make more money than they lose, most likely they will do it.

"You just dont seem able to accept that this could possibly be GC exclusive."

well... i can say about the same about u just another way around.

all i am saying is that it is still possible for xbox to have something similiar, and all depend on the company. I dont even own a xbox, honestly i shouldnt care. also... why do u bother arguing something that doesnt even matter? it is not like ppl going to die on this issue. chill out

A2K
Nov 6, 2003, 12:48 AM
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle for Gamecube is "only for Gamecube" despite the game basically being 96% Sonic Adventure 2 for Sega Dreamcast.

JohanCC
Nov 6, 2003, 06:35 PM
I think Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee was a GCN exclusive that came to the X-BOX (I'm not entirely sure if there is and XBOX version, I just remember one) but it did have a GCN-Only sticker on it. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Skett_Namevah
Nov 6, 2003, 07:05 PM
On 2003-11-06 15:35, JohanCC wrote:
I think Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee was a GCN exclusive that came to the X-BOX (I'm not entirely sure if there is and XBOX version, I just remember one) but it did have a GCN-Only sticker on it. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

It did come out for Xbox about a year later. Just because its exclusive now doesn't mean it wont come out for another system in a year or so. This has been happening since the days of the SNES.

On the other hand when PSO Ep. 1&2 came out for GCN it didn't have an exclusive sticker and now this one does. I dont see myself making a point so I will just leave.

AndyPandy
Nov 7, 2003, 05:23 AM
When a product says "only for" this is sometimes for a limited amount of time. The said product is usually re-released later on with the words removed, thus allowing it to be released on other platforms, ie; XBOX. This is not to say, that in this case, this will happen.

Nai_Calus
Nov 7, 2003, 05:39 AM
Yike. XD Suitable for -printing-.

Aww, it should come out on Xbox. Throw the poor guys a frickin' bone already. O_o;

opaopajr
Nov 9, 2003, 08:27 AM
in video game terminology think of exclusivity statements as "this game will only be exclusive to this console for around few months to a few years. then we'll change a word or two and it'll be resold on other systems."

remember resident evil:code veronica or metal gear solid 2 being said to be "exclusive" to such-and-such system? at one time they were. guess what, they no longer are. this has been going on for as long as video games have been around.

chill dude, it'll most likely hit Xbox if there's an adequate market asking for it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: opaopajr on 2003-11-09 05:29 ]</font>

Zaneatron
Nov 9, 2003, 08:39 AM
Ok, lets say, for the moment EP3 is exclusive to GC.
Thats is subject to change though.
If the game is released as shown with the 'only for' label still on it, this reduces the chances of it coming to the xbox, but it still could happen.
Until there is official word on it coming to Xbox from either Sega or Microsoft its still up in the air as to whether it will happen.
Currently we only have speculation and conjecture to go on, as it looks, it is going to be GC exclusive.
Nothing is set in stone though.

FeVer
Nov 9, 2003, 10:08 PM
ahh... yes... code veronica and metal gear solid 2 were exclusive, and metal gear 2 still is... substance is a different game, it has stuff added, makeing it better then the origional... as for veronica... its the same thing... so yeah... I don't care if it comes out for xbox, because I'm most likely ordering it sometime before christmas, so unless ST says its for the box before I get it ordered then I'ma be on the cube...