PDA

View Full Version : is it worth getting a modem???

sephiroth_pfo
Nov 6, 2003, 06:34 PM
is online mode of pso actualy so hacked?is it still worthy getting a modem to go onlin????

AquaFlare7
Nov 6, 2003, 07:55 PM
If you can shrug off those who do the shop dupe trick you will be fine. I myself love going into online games, especially on the JP servers. If you actually enjoy playing this game offline even just a tad bit you should get the modem.

deathreaper
Nov 7, 2003, 01:31 PM
i just got online and there are alot less dupers than stuff than i thought it just depends on what ship you play on

sephiroth_pfo
Nov 7, 2003, 06:37 PM
well i just love being challenged. but i need to know about what hackers can do to my character.ive been working on my humar for a totla of 137hrs and will be very pissed if some hacker does something to him.

zimmk2vgc
Nov 8, 2003, 11:20 AM
The only thing people are doing is duping. No NOLling has taken place yet as far as I'm aware. There's a lot of legits out there, too bad they hate my legit TSUMIKIRI J-SWORD http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I'm not telling any one now mwahahaha

Shattered_weasel
Nov 8, 2003, 11:44 AM
i would use broadband modem because 56k just FSODs you a whole lot more and no one likes that.

AlphaDoom
Nov 8, 2003, 12:01 PM
I would only get it to do the online quests. I'm doing well enough offline so I wouldn't see the point of getting online and wasting my money. But I might because theres alot of legit players out there and thats what I like and most of my mates play online anyway besides me and my best mate. So yeah, it's worth it, think I'll be getting online somewhere this month.

Sparxx-3
Nov 8, 2003, 12:15 PM
there is always a probable chance of your avatar being corrupted, no matter what you do to prevent it; just keep aware of your surroundings & enjoy the game..

sephiroth_pfo
Nov 8, 2003, 07:31 PM
whats a psofd or sumthing like that????

Lord_Sloth
Nov 8, 2003, 09:38 PM
I would say go with the Modem!

LordMe
Nov 8, 2003, 10:13 PM
online is great(i don't have it...it sound's fun) but my bro and me play it offline!

K8lin
Nov 9, 2003, 06:32 AM
If you can deal with the chance of gettin corrupted then come on, plus its fun ^_^

JohanCC
Nov 9, 2003, 07:35 PM
Online is worth it. Your char is only in danger on a laggy 56k dial-up. Yess, there's FSOD's and FSOD-X's, but they're not as common as you might think.