PDA

View Full Version : Is the rare monster % spoofed with TTF?

polishedweasel
Nov 7, 2003, 12:53 PM
Just wondering, I've done about 70 TTF runs, and none have yeilded me a Rare critter. Anyone know if they kill the monster count?

KaFKa
Nov 7, 2003, 01:15 PM
from what i've heard, rare monsters DONT pop up on ttf, just for the sheer fact that you run into so many of the same type

polishedweasel
Nov 7, 2003, 01:41 PM
I need fact...I'm waiting for Vulpes on this one....

Tevren
Nov 7, 2003, 02:08 PM
Rare monsters DO show up in TTF. The rappy behind the 3 hildelts has been a pal for me once. I'd assume all rares can show up there, just like any other quest.

Auracom
Nov 7, 2003, 02:15 PM
Nah nothing tweaked in this quest. You can still see rare monsters and stuff like that, you just have to be lucky. I've seen afew monsters actually. I've seen a Pal, a Red Slime and about 3 Mils. Just keep on hunten you'll find one.

Nickwillnotbe
Nov 7, 2003, 07:15 PM
I have seen 2 red slimes while playing TTF.

SpyroDi
Nov 7, 2003, 07:29 PM
Just because you do 70 TTF runs without rare enemy appearance doesn't mean they never show up. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Remember,rare enemies are always random.

Red_Death4052
Nov 7, 2003, 07:58 PM
ive seen a red slime and got a god body, so they definatly show up.

VulpesMundi
Nov 7, 2003, 08:19 PM
Looks like I woke up too late. It's already been answered, but I'll just clarify. Yes, rare enemies do appear (I've personally seen a Pal Rappy and a Mil Lily). Yes, they do drop their standard items (too bad the Mil was on Greennill, so it dropped another sucky DB's Sword 3062). No, appearance and drop rates do not seem to be tweaked. It's just the usual luck of the draw. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. (Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-11-07 17:22 ]</font>

fireant
Nov 8, 2003, 02:59 AM
I found a blue and got a God/Arm

CrimsonII2
Nov 8, 2003, 03:02 AM
hehe, well like was already said, everything is normal, had 4 silence claws drop in one run not that long ago lol, and then a photon launcher hehe, also between me and a friend of mine, had about 3 or 4 hildetorrs drop, but everytime only money

polishedweasel
Nov 8, 2003, 04:52 AM
Yeah, I answered my own question....tonight while I was playing I got 2 red slimes...1 dropped a Demolition COmet, the other dropped nada. But they came...