PDA

View Full Version : Kung-Pow!: Enter The Fist

Ultra-Peepi
Nov 7, 2003, 06:46 PM
what a great movie...anyone here seen it? It was a touch of comedy and pure stupidity in one wonderful package.

Shattered_weasel
Nov 7, 2003, 06:50 PM
old movie.....and a very funny one too. Yep lots of people didn't like it though.

Kizaragu
Nov 7, 2003, 06:50 PM
I've seen the Trailer with the Cow matrix stylee fight and thought... NO.

Ultra-Peepi
Nov 7, 2003, 06:57 PM
yeah, I read that the trailer was so bad that a lot of people didn't bother seeing it. It was good though except for those cliche thingies like the cow matrix...and I hated tonguey.

"From this day forward, you shall all refer to me by the name of Betty!"-Evil Betty

Hikosaka
Nov 7, 2003, 10:23 PM
Yeah, the cow trailer made the movie seem worse than it actually was. It was a pleasant surprise to actually watch the thing and find out that it was really pretty funny.

The whole bit with Betty and his "fight music" was great. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Bradicus
Nov 7, 2003, 11:48 PM
I liked Hot Shots: part deux better. these is just something magical about shooting a chicken from a bow.
http://www.allstarz.org/~charliesheen/gallery/movies/cs_hot2.jpg
teehee!

Nidarrock
Nov 8, 2003, 02:03 AM
Kung Pow is funny. First time I saw trailers and commercials I thought the same thing as most. No way in hell. But a few months ago I was so bored I watched it on TV, and thought it was hysterical.

"A tiny net is a deathtrap. It's a net and it's tiny."

Abaddon
Nov 8, 2003, 08:25 AM
I have to agree with Bardicus about Hot Shots. Sure Kung Pow was funny..but it just got extremely silly in some parts.

"Oh Topper! You're hurt!" *rips off part of her shirt as a bandage.

"...Oh! I'm hurt too!"
"And me! Oh my arm!"
*Rip* *Rip* XD

alfredpacker
Nov 8, 2003, 03:32 PM
Kung-pow was brilliant. Sadly as most of you mentioned the Cow Martix Parrady killed many peoples desire to see it. I personally didnt see it in the theater because of that scene in the trailer. However aside from that 1 Four minute scene its a fantastic movie. I personally love The excessive Zoom scene as well as the Dog's late Barking Dub. Also if you own/rent the DVD make sure to watch the movie with the original Dialoge. The Chinese portion is in madarin but the english portion is halarious.

http://www.kungpowmovie.com/swf/KPmain.html
I like the dub your own movie feature on the homepage heh.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: alfredpacker on 2003-11-08 12:34 ]</font>

Saiffy
Nov 8, 2003, 03:38 PM
"I would like a pound of nuts."
"THATS ALOTTA NUTS!!!!"

Bradicus
Nov 8, 2003, 05:36 PM
On 2003-11-08 05:25, Abaddon wrote:

"...Oh! I'm hurt too!"
"And me! Oh my arm!"
*Rip* *Rip* XD

"i will kill you until you die from it you Yankee doodle bastard!"

Ultra-Peepi
Nov 8, 2003, 09:52 PM
Hots shots part deux was really good. Don't know whether Kung Pow is funnier or not. I haven't seen deux in so long though...

Master Tang: Oooh, chicken go cluck cluck, cow go moo, piggy go *snort snort* how bout you? Gonna be an animal just like you! Every-
Guy: Ca coo ca coo!
Betty: I'm just a birdy too!
Tang: Lemurs go hff hff ostrich go Bleh! Koalas go kttktktktk

silvermax
Nov 8, 2003, 10:27 PM
th worst part of that movie is not the cow matirx scene...

its the part where tang runbs the guys chest and kills him....

Bradicus
Nov 9, 2003, 12:03 AM
Hot shots
*classic mission statement writing begins typing on screen*

-An elite team of highly trained operatives were sent in to asasina assass assasinate to kill a guy.

BWS-1
Nov 9, 2003, 03:23 PM
Hot Shots: Part deux is hard to beat, it's a classic! But Kung Pow really is funny, I like the fact that the main character is totally not asian-looking at all! Just seeing his face in any scenes makes me wanna point&laugh at him XD

Ultra-Peepi
Nov 10, 2003, 06:35 PM
u can see the "real" asian actor in some scenes. Like when Ling's father and the Chosen One fight Betty on the water fall, there are several seens with him

_Ted_
Nov 10, 2003, 06:56 PM
"Damn, should've picked option two."

Kung Pow, great movie.

Hot Shots: Part deux, also a great movie.

Nidarrock
Nov 11, 2003, 03:42 AM
Both are great movies. The "original" dialogue extra in Kung Pow is too damn funny.

"Taco Bell, Taco Bell, product placement with Taco Bell."

"Only a master of evil Saddam!"

BogusKun
Nov 12, 2003, 04:55 AM
"Evil Counsil are Aliens!" - Betty

"The name's Betty you son of a pig" - Betty

"Maybe we should go out and scam some chicks or something" - Betty

"You know I like em like em hehehe" - Betty

"FROM THIS DAY FORWARD YOU WILL REFER TO ME AS THE GAME... OMG DID I SAY THE GAME?" - Betty