PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcast PSO v.2 problem with serial key

Zzap
Nov 8, 2003, 05:14 AM
When I´m trying to get online with my DC, the game wants PSO v.1 serial and access keys. But how can I enter PSO v.2 keys there? I have owned PSO v.1, but I sold it. Will I have to somehow formate Dreamcast´s memory?

Rich_T
Nov 8, 2003, 08:17 AM
You are tyring to go online with Dreamcast PSO, which version?
if its the us version, the servers are down and have closed.
if its the EU or JP version, the servers are still up.
the game wants the ver1 serial and access numbers because it has detected PSOver1 saved on the dreamcasts internal memory.
to get round this you will need to flash the dreamcasts internal memory, using a specail disk, if you have been online with ver2, you will also need to re-set your numbers with sega, if you havent been online with your current ver2 numbers you should be ok.
As for the 'Disk' i think you can do it with the US ver1 planetweb browser, or you can download and burn one, although im not sure where from, you could try http://www.dcemulation.com

the current state of DC PSO is
US versions of PSO can no longer go online
EU still up
JP still up
although i would be surprised if there still up for much longer.

At the moment Gamecubes are reasonably cheap, you could get hold of one of those and a BBA/modem, however these (bba/modems)are hard to find.
Also there is the X box to consider, PSO x Box is almost the same as the gamecube version, although you do need to buy a live pack, and you need a broadband conection to play.
both the X box and the gamecube are now reasonably priced

Arakon
Nov 8, 2003, 01:11 PM
actually as far as I know, all servers were shut down last month.

Rich_T
Nov 8, 2003, 02:01 PM
This from sega-europe, a reply to an e-mail sent to them just as the US servers closed:

Thank you for your email.

In fact PSO servers are closing in America. However, in Europe, we are happy to say that Sega has no current plans to close the PSO servers.

I would suggest that you keep an eye on our website for any further updates.