PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Photon Blasts

Kamotz
Apr 4, 2001, 06:12 PM
Does anyone know why photon blasts are sometimes not visible when cast? I've played several games where one casts his PB, the room goes dark, and the caster and some of the enemies freeze. Then when the light comes back you see the damage. I think it's happened while I was casting a PB also. I cast, but everyone else could move about and were attacking baddies. Everything was moving except for myself and the couple of enemies next to me.

Has this happened to anyone else? Or am I just mad?

Tenebrous
Apr 4, 2001, 06:28 PM
I'm not sure why it happens but I've definitely seen it a few times. Seems to only happen on laggy games for me.

JayHale
Apr 4, 2001, 07:06 PM
I think that server lag may be the cause! I've witnessed quite a few invisible PB, and on my screen all the enimes freeze, and I'm still able to attack them, but after the room lights back up, some of the others fall! I've never cast an invisible PB, which is why I think it's server lag, because there doesn't need to be an exchange of info from your ISP to your DC that shows you the PB, it comes directly from your DC, which I why you should never see yourself casting an invisible PB.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think all of that sounds perfectly logical.

H2
Apr 4, 2001, 07:51 PM
I got an excellent glitch with the PB once. Online, I telepiped back to the Ruins with my blue-outfit (the skimpy one!) FOnewearl as someone was casting their PB in the same room I telepiped into.

I can't remember exactly what happened, but I know that the standard "I can walk but everyone else is frozen" bit was going on, and then...

My FO lost her skirt! ... And her mid-section, too! They just vanished! Great stuff, considering how tiny my FO's panties are, but then she faded into the shadow mode that everyone goes into during a PB.

Occasionally she would flash back into color with her skirt materializing and dematerializing every once in a while. Also, one of the characters I was playing with, a HUnewear lost her hip area.

Apparently, the glitch was in my own game, because nobody else could see my glorious FO with no skirt.

Anyway, I haven't bothered trying to replicate this, but it was still a fun glitch in the game.

FO-H2 lv 88

CASH
Apr 5, 2001, 12:12 AM
Its just lag...

Danger_Girl
Apr 5, 2001, 03:00 AM
Cash is right on the money http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif. Just a lag deal.

Kamotz
Apr 5, 2001, 03:24 AM
Yeha, I kinda had an idea that that's what it was. But whenever I asked anyone online if they had any idea they all acted like I was a moron.

jeffheng
Apr 5, 2001, 08:05 AM
It is good becoz the enemies will be frozen and u can attack them when this happens. But the opposite happens to me once, instead of frozen enemies, I was the one frozen. So the monsters just crowd round me and kill me while my friend was casting the pb.

purhaze
Apr 5, 2001, 08:21 AM
if your a bit away from them like a room or 2 away, and they use it it will do that, ive noticed a few times.

one time i cast a PB right when faltz died, and it showed the him dieing and stuff with the colors of a PB it was weird everyone saw it.

Cube
Apr 5, 2001, 11:47 AM
ya its lag... it can come to your advantage many times however....

Neifirst
Apr 5, 2001, 04:01 PM
This has happened to me many times. I really hate when it goes off, I'm frozen, and the rest of my party kills the creatures before my pb can strike. What a waste!

Airgees
Apr 6, 2001, 07:47 AM
Iv'e noticed that if a teammate casts a PB and you can't see it, and the enemies freeze, if you attack them they unfreeze and attack your teammate while he's in mid PB!!!!

So i stop attacking if this happens.
(this only applies to creatures who are around your teammate as he casts PB).