PDA

View Full Version : A tip for finding the rare monsters...

Jaiden
Apr 4, 2001, 08:05 PM
In the official perfect guide, it tells you not to teleport to town if you see a rare monster, because it will replaced by a normal one when you return.

I think I've noticed if you teleport back to town at any time, whether or not the monster has "spawned", the rare monster will disappear.

I've spent about 11 hours of gametime in the forst and caves doing my best not to teleport back to town while running through the level, and what do you know I've encounted 4 rare monsters (3 blue rappies and 1 red slime), and I've been collecting many more rares than I normally do.

The only other time I can remember seeing a blue rappy before I started this experiment was when I was blazing through the forest as quickly as possible, and had not teleported back to town.

So... If you wanna help me try my theory (as dumb as it sounds, it seems to work for me!), when you get some spare time, play through the forest 4 or 5 times doing as I do -- destroy every monster (sometimes there hidden monsters that require backtracking) and never teleport back to town. I've been getting the AL RAPPY every 3 hours or so, but the beyotche's are only dropping PROTECT BARRIERS (whats up with that?!?)

Glider
Apr 4, 2001, 08:37 PM
Monsters are made random. If you go to a group of all yellow rappies and teleport back and forth between town and the forest you will eventually get a al rappy. So no, it doesn't sound dumb to me.

JayHale
Apr 4, 2001, 08:38 PM
Hasn't worked for me! I never teleport back to town, except after I defeat the boss, and I've been through the forest and the caves many times and I've never encountered the first rare monster!