PDA

View Full Version : Angel Harp...0:-)

jDA025
Nov 10, 2003, 08:25 AM
OK has anyone else had as much difficulty getting an Angel Harp from a Pal Rappy as i have? I have killed over 20 Pal Rappies and to no avail they haven't dropped a red box yet...I thought Rare Rappies dropped 100% (because I recieved a Sigh of a God, Agito 1975, Star Amplifier, Sting Tip, and Branch of Paku Paku all on my first time) apparently I was wrong in my assumption. Another question, anyone who actually has the Angel's Harp-Is it that good of a rifle?

Wood_Golem
Nov 10, 2003, 12:20 PM
I killed 40+ of the little bugger's bah at least i got the damned thing

Hrith
Nov 10, 2003, 01:06 PM
On my 7th, but all unpiped.

Soukosa
Nov 10, 2003, 01:28 PM
The Angel Harp's an 11 star weapon, so it's going to take as much to get it as it does to get a '75 Agito as well a Syncesta and Magic Rock: Irrista. I've been working on getting one myself every now and then and I'm currently up to 14 Pals and no Harp yet.

Wood_Golem
Nov 10, 2003, 01:41 PM
Oh sorry didn't notice that you asked if the angel harp is good http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif well honestly.. it's a DECENT at best rifle it get's a somewhat decent shifta boost but i don't think it's worth the 11*.. it's good till ya get a frozen shooter or a stronger rifle
(the frozen shooter isn't stronger than the Aharp it's just better)

Mystil
Nov 10, 2003, 01:47 PM
Just one thing you might wanna know....once you get the harp, wear Love and Safety Heart too...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

muff
Nov 10, 2003, 01:53 PM
Its soooo not worth it. Pipe something decent, like a lavis http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif It took me 8 pals. I wish i didnt pipe it and worked on my lavis instead, 10 red slimes so far http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

AlphaDoom
Nov 10, 2003, 02:13 PM
My mate has killed 11 Pal Rappies and still no luck for him of getting Angel Harp.

Zarana
Nov 10, 2003, 03:14 PM
Well, the rarity is covered, but here's the thing.

It's a terrible weapon no matter what class you want it for. As a Force, both Bringer's Rifle and the Holy Ray are superior in terms of accuracy and power, as well as easier to find. For a Ranger, it's not even really as good as a Justy. The stats on the two are practically identical, but the Justy special and the ease of Hit percents on it make the Angel Harp pale in comparison.

Just don't bother. Being better than a Visk and a Wals does not a good rifle make, I'm afraid.

-Geshtar-
Nov 10, 2003, 03:30 PM
gahh!? that rifles taking you guys so long...sorry to hear that. I dident even put any effort for mine and it dropped from the first pal rappy n_n'. Dont use it but hey, as I said..if its a weapon that a force AND ANOTTHER class can use. then its crap, leave it to the forces =).

jDA025
Nov 10, 2003, 04:45 PM
Whats with the love and safety heart??? Does it have the same effect as the Delsabres Shield and Saber??? Duh!? That would be cool yogi:-)

toosmart4U9078
Nov 10, 2003, 05:55 PM
the love and safety heart give ur female characs stat boosts if they're near male characters, and the angel harp does the same thing

Tilldawn
Nov 10, 2003, 06:01 PM
the angel harp has the same drop rate as the agito 1975 for pinkal and thats nothing i lost count after 53 pal rappies!!! for a damn agito >.< ... i gave up since every1 says its ... *cough* anyway im going lavis cannon hunting with my oran .... *laughs uncontrollably*

A2K
Nov 10, 2003, 06:05 PM
Well the rifle's description does say "enhanced by the power of love"

hucasts_rock
Nov 10, 2003, 06:45 PM
hmm..I'd have to say it's a justy Forces can use, and with sd/jz it does particularly well damage http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

ilr2000
Nov 10, 2003, 07:33 PM
I've piped about 20 pals, but ironically I recently found it when doing a simple run of forest. I couldn't believe it... I was more shocked I found an 11 star item than the fact it was an angel harp.

BTW: Does the stars pertain to quality of the item, or simply its rarity? It seems kind of odd to me that an average weapon such as that has the same number of stars as the BKB, ya know?

Hrith
Nov 12, 2003, 09:54 AM
BRINGER'S RIFLE and HOLY RAY easier to find ?
I acknowledge your experience Zarana, but I doubt your statement, especially as regards Bringer's Right Arm.

As for efficiency, I shall state why I like the ANGEL HARP better...
Pros :
It looks awesome on my FOmarl
It has high ATA, not as much as HOLY RAY, but enough to hit w/o misses most of the time.
It is powerful, not as much as BRINGER'S RIFLE, but it is A LOT easier to have % on ANGEL HARP than on BRINGER'S RIFLE, mine has more than decent % and hit%, too, and it beats BRINGER'S RIFLE and HOLY RAY.

Cons :
As a Ranger it is ludicrous.
Confuse special ain't all that great.
I found one yesterday (20/0/20/45 untekked), which makes 12 Pal Rappies and 2 ANGEL HARP, all unpiped, provided you pipe, this makes it decently easy to find. I woul not consider it as rare as an AGITO (AUW 1975), the "11 star" doens't have all that meaning.

Hope you read this and give me a clear counterpart.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Mystil
Nov 12, 2003, 11:08 AM
The rarity - irl.

On 2003-11-10 13:45, jDA025 wrote:
Whats with the love and safety heart??? Does it have the same effect as the Delsabres Shield and Saber??? Duh!? That would be cool yogi:-)

When the Love heart and Safety Heart AND harp used(as in all equipped) ATP(harp)DFP, EVP is doubled. That was tested by a friend. I don't know if it's true. I wear both, and DFP and EVP is doubled.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-11-12 08:09 ]</font>

Soukosa
Nov 12, 2003, 11:51 AM
On 2003-11-12 06:54, Kefka wrote:
I woul not consider it as rare as an AGITO (AUW 1975), the "11 star" doens't have all that meaning.
The Agito '75 and Angel Harp both have the same probability of showing up when gotten from rare enemies. This is going by the actual data from the game. You just happened to luck out.

On 2003-11-12 08:08, Silhouette wrote:
When the Love heart and Safety Heart AND harp used(as in all equipped) ATP(harp)DFP, EVP is doubled. That was tested by a friend. I don't know if it's true. I wear both, and DFP and EVP is doubled.
Later on today, I'll borrow some stuff and test that myself with my FOmarl.

Wood_Golem
Nov 12, 2003, 02:11 PM
On 2003-11-12 08:51, Sounomi wrote:

On 2003-11-12 06:54, Kefka wrote:
I woul not consider it as rare as an AGITO (AUW 1975), the "11 star" doens't have all that meaning.
The Agito '75 and Angel Harp both have the same probability of showing up when gotten from rare enemies. This is going by the actual data from the game. You just happened to luck out.

On 2003-11-12 08:08, Silhouette wrote:
Later on today, I'll borrow some stuff and test that myself with my FOmarl.

no way do they boost each other it'd be too uber

Hrith
Nov 12, 2003, 02:20 PM
On 2003-11-12 08:51, Sounomi wrote :
Actually I was even 'luckier' on the WHITILL AGITO 75, got it from my 4th Mil Lily. I tend to think that is because I never pipe for rare monsters (except REDRIA Pouilly Slimes).

Soukosa
Nov 12, 2003, 03:04 PM
On 2003-11-12 11:20, Kefka wrote:
Actually I was even 'luckier' on the WHITILL AGITO 75, got it from my 4th Mil Lily. I tend to think that is because I never pipe for rare monsters (except REDRIA Pouilly Slimes).

I haven't had too much luck with getting things from rare enemies. I have gotten a good amount of stuff, but there's been a lot of them that didn't drop their rare when its an easy to get one.

As for the Angel Harp and Love guard stuff, I checked it out and it doesn't appear to get any bonus when you have all 3 of them on. It also doesn't get a bonus when standing next to a male as well.

-Geshtar-
Nov 12, 2003, 05:00 PM
that rifle is as rare as an agito 1975 o.O whoa. makes me look forward to my pinkal HUcast getting to ult mode then, maybe ill be lucky and get the agito on my first pal rappy like that rifle! =D

NoxiousOne
Nov 12, 2003, 05:12 PM
On 2003-11-12 11:20, Kefka wrote:

Same for me. I got an Agito off my fourth Mil Lily. I piped for them all the time, but I only found them when I wasn't piping. -_-; My brother hasn't even found a second Pal yet, so he's looking at a long wait before he can get an Agito.

LordMe
Nov 12, 2003, 05:19 PM
well we got the Sange off the first mil we found