PDA

View Full Version : In Depth: Battle mode

Cube
Apr 4, 2001, 10:53 PM
Battle mode in V2.0 is probably one of the most desired features to come. Finally PSO sheds its co-op label and we can all finally have our #1 PSO dream come true. To battle! Whats been bugging me for a while however is which class/character will succeed as being the best fighter in battle mode? Will it be the HUcast with its high ATP & HP, the RAmar, with his long distance shooting capabilites, or the Foneworm, with all those grand techniques..? EVery class has its ups and downs, and i want to know your opinion!

I beleive that either the HUcast with his Massive strenght and long lasting HP, or one of the Forces with thier amazing techinque abilites and healing power will reign supreme in these "Death Matches"...

The only reason i dont see the rangers succeeding over the others is because the ranger is too normal... It may be able to use techniques, but the forces out due them in that field.. they may be able to use strong swords, but the hunters excell in that field...

But... thats only my opinion.... so to sum it all up.... its a close call between the forces and Hunters, but i think that the hunters brute strength, high defense, and higher HP will help them out in the long run to defeat most forces that challenge them.... however its to close to tell... but thats my 2 cents..Whats yours?

rekonstruct
Apr 4, 2001, 11:19 PM
Before wondering about which class will dominate the battle circuit, you have to figure out how the system will work.

I dont know if you have ever been attacked with a melee weapon. I was acosted with a gun once. It just kept evading, I couldnt move, but I wasnt getting hit either. Likewise, would androids be paralyzed by lighting damage, will weapon specials work? Imagine a Ranger with a pair of S. Beats, that would be scary. Imagine a 2 person battle, a Ranger with a rifle firing across the room would be very dangerous. And in a 4 person battle, something like a Ranger with a shotgun that confuses (if specials work) would just be hell.

Also, you know how when you get knocked down, there is a 2-3 second invulnerability? Would that be in effect? In that case, higher level battlers, despite higher HP and ATP, would be at a disadvantage, I remember when my RAmar would get knocked down in the ruins, that 2 second delay allowed me to get off another 3 hit dombo, then when my DFP was higher and I didnt fall down, I was retreating ALOT more. So its hard to say because we really dont know how the system is going to work.

But... seeing how I dont know anything about the battle system, and I simple love to jump the gun, I'll go with the HU class. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Monkey
Apr 4, 2001, 11:39 PM
You also gotta think about Photon blasts with synchro at 120%.

AdamW
Apr 5, 2001, 12:03 AM
Personally, I'm looking more forward to lobby soccor. All the most fearsome and unetichal scum of the bounty hunter universe, taking a break from crushing in skulls and eating the meaty insides, feeding their swords the red, clotty blood of an endless stream of evil...all to play a nice, clean game of soccor! GOOOOOOAAAALLLLL!

HS-Tyrant
Apr 5, 2001, 04:43 AM
think about this, whats the one thing forces reley on to keep enemies at bay? freezing them, witch would be teribly effective in head to head battle.. if it werent for items like state/maintnence and sacred guard, a HUcast with a chainsawd or a lavis cannon, 10 trimate and 10 star atomizers... stoppable? not very easily.. i wouldnt count rangers out either... C-bringers rifle does QUITE alot of damage... but like one of u allready said.. we wont really know untill we see the system... later

Tyrant

Cube
Apr 5, 2001, 11:40 AM
Soccer looks to be a load of fun, but ive been wanting a battle mode since the day this game came out...

btw, you brought up some interesting points...
I dont think that you would go in the evasive action when being shot at because then you would just go way to slow, and its obviously only made to go into an evasive stance with an enemy...

IM sure you could use a special weapon... what may happen however is that you have to choose your weapons before the match and have the option to see what others are choosing... so lets say your a lv 40 Hucast and your using a gladius, and then some lv 20 Ramar comes in with a Heaven punisher, i dont think your gona want to play with him....

Do you even think you will be able to play with a Heaven punisher? Hmmmm so many questions so little answers....

Lardo
Apr 5, 2001, 01:15 PM
Yes, this battle mode will be fun. it will alow me to test out the true power of my maxed out spells. what interest me thought is how will shifa and deband or along with jelen and the other spell. raising my defence and offence is fine, but all my spell are lv 15 and im not to happy about raising everybodys defence and offence. but it will truely be a test, just glad i got my psycho wand witch cuts my tp cost in half. hehe

Rio
Apr 5, 2001, 01:38 PM
<blockquote>
Battlemode schmattlemode..

I'm psyched up over [b]soccer[b]!
</blockquote>

Ishamael-the-Grey-Force
Apr 5, 2001, 01:58 PM
I think its going to be a toss up between the Hu's and the Fo's. FO's may have the advantage though at really high levels. Imagine this scenario...

The opponents start in opposire corners of a huge arena.

The match begins....

All a force needs to do is cast zalure & jellen to soften everyone up. And then pound them with rabarta/razonde until they give up the ghost.

Hunters are capable of beating the snot out of a force in melee combat. BUT if a force plays cat and mouse the Hunter will be at a definite disadavantage. If a hunter resorts to techs it becomes a matter of stamina. HP vs TP.

Edge: Forces

Rangers: Rangers actually stand a much better chance against forces. A force could not resort to hit and run tactics. A ramar and a force could run circles around each other all day. A force may ending up winning the day if they can freeze the ranger enought times though.

Of course all this goes out the window if Heavens punishment and spread needles are allowed. Talk about you cheesy cheat weapons... LOL

Ice_
Apr 5, 2001, 02:26 PM
I cant w8 till battle mode ( cuz i gonna kick ur ass in it CUBE!!!! lol and GAMBIT ..... and PUNNANY.... and ummmm NEVEST... AND DRAKE .....and everyone i WILL RULE IT!!!!!!!!!!) hehe and it will put more excitement into the game cuz u can ask ur worst eneimies to a battle to challenge them to finally resolve who is the BEST!!! i got a few questions about this can more than 4 people play battle mode???

Cube
Apr 5, 2001, 04:41 PM
lol, Ice_ are you chalanging me! I will take you down with one swing of my lavis! muhaha~

lol, ne wayz...

heh, heres my re-inactment of what will happen when i whoop u FO's...

Cube enters game, hides in the corner..
Force comes up to me does his little stance to cast a spell, and BAM i just whacked him right off his ass with my Huge Flowens Sword...

I then stay right behind him and keep on hitting him down on the ground every time he gets up..

Somehow he manages to escape and thinks he can slow me down with a freeze spell...

Uh oh... guess whos wearing state maintnace... yup... Cube!

Then I shoot him away with my Lavis's slicing abilites..

Ice_ decides to enter the battle: BAM, I paralize him with my sword and hack away till his screen turns red! muhahahaha.! I will RULE!

Monkey
Apr 5, 2001, 04:55 PM
Yeah..... its gonna be fun.....Until i whip out my saber +9 and beat down!

TheDrake
Apr 5, 2001, 05:29 PM
Challenging me? Ha...well I guess it depends on the battle system. I have a vast array of weapons and tactics that I'm sure would be fun to try out. In fact, I practice killing Kireek http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif So...bring it on!!!

Lardo
Apr 5, 2001, 07:18 PM
Cube, its nice to know that you think your going to beat a force that easy. I would exspect you to give us a bit more credit than that. but its ok. my lv 15 grants has a very nice range.

Cube
Apr 5, 2001, 10:22 PM
heh, Forces do deserve credit but to tell you the truth my HUcast eats Grants for breakfast, with a little megid on top! So bring it on!!!