PDA

View Full Version : The Search For 1337 Rares Begins...

Eihwaz
Nov 10, 2003, 08:25 PM
Heh, with 2 characters in Ult, and one up to Vhard Mines, I can finally start thinking about some 1337 rares...

~Red Saber: Gonna try to get one off of Pinkal Barbles. Seems to be a decent drop...

~Red Handgun: Ult. Redria Fake in Yellow Runs. Should get at least 1. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

~Demolition Comet: Once my HUmar can drag his sorry ass through Ult. Forest, I can pipe for Mils...should find one fairly easily...

Those are what I'm after now...Especially the Red Saber and Demo Comet. Using a Photon Claw on a HUcast to suck HP isn't fun...

LordMe
Nov 10, 2003, 08:30 PM
well best of luck to you

Eihwaz
Nov 10, 2003, 08:38 PM
Heh, much thanks. Also, going to TRY to find S-Parts ver2.01 and D-Parts ver1.01 for my HUcast...the only problem is...the S-Parts...a 10 star rare IN NORMAL!?! Is that even possible? O.o

LordMe
Nov 10, 2003, 08:46 PM
i'm not sure...

i'm trying to get the guilty light from barble's and that aint going to fast...
lol

Firocket1690
Nov 10, 2003, 09:19 PM
On 2003-11-10 17:46, LordMe wrote:
i'm not sure...

lol

VH Vol Opt. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

StrongBad
Nov 10, 2003, 09:19 PM
Umm...what does 1337 mean?

LordMe
Nov 10, 2003, 09:20 PM
is it faster that way?

Eihwaz
Nov 10, 2003, 09:35 PM
Dear God...those android-only armors/shields SUCK! However there are more "advanced" versions that actually have good attack and defense...and won't take half of my life searching for...oh and 1337 stands for leet...you know, using numbers for letters like so:

d00d. 1 pwnz0rz j00. j00 r g01ng t0 luzr0z. u c@nnot st0p m3.

Etc etc...

StrongBad
Nov 10, 2003, 10:05 PM
Umm...what does leet mean?

LordMe
Nov 10, 2003, 10:06 PM
not sure

StrongBad
Nov 10, 2003, 10:13 PM
On 2003-11-10 18:35, Eihwaz wrote:

d00d. 1 pwnz0rz j00. j00 r g01ng t0 luzr0z. u c@nnot st0p m3.

Etc etc...

What the hell? Did you call me a jew? luzroz?

lain2k3
Nov 10, 2003, 10:19 PM
1337 (leet) is a computer language used by PSOers, hackers, and other general losers without live on regular basis. It uses numbers and symbols wherever possible.

StrongBad
Nov 10, 2003, 10:22 PM
Ya, but what does it mean?

Delsaber
Nov 10, 2003, 10:45 PM
If you have a Skyly ID then hunt for a Chain Sawd and Red Sword by doing Addicting Food runs. I found a Red Sword after about 10 full runs and a Chain Sawd on my 11th.

_KemiKal_
Nov 10, 2003, 10:56 PM
"l337" is nerd ebonics for leet...which i guess means elite or some shit.

lain2k3
Nov 10, 2003, 11:02 PM
On 2003-11-10 19:22, StrongBad wrote:
Ya, but what does it mean?

elite.

Soukosa
Nov 11, 2003, 12:03 AM
On 2003-11-10 17:38, Eihwaz wrote:
the only problem is...the S-Parts...a 10 star rare IN NORMAL!?! Is that even possible? O.o

Yeah, look at the Invisible Guard, which has the same probablity rating as the thing you're looking for. Although, S-Parts will be easier since there's a lot more Gillchics than Dark Gunners and they're faster to kill off.

VulpesMundi
Nov 11, 2003, 12:56 AM
On 2003-11-10 17:38, Eihwaz wrote:
Heh, much thanks. Also, going to TRY to find S-Parts ver2.01 and D-Parts ver1.01 for my HUcast...the only problem is...the S-Parts...a 10 star rare IN NORMAL!?! Is that even possible? O.o

Yes, it actually does drop. The first time I took my Redria RAmar through the Normal Mine he found one. Surprised the heck out of me. And you definately want the S-Parts ver.2.01. It may not have the best stats, but considering it only requires level 17 and adds 15 ATA (even over class maximum), it's a really useful shield for low level droids.

Eihwaz
Nov 11, 2003, 01:35 AM
Addicting Food runs for the Red Sword and Chain Sawd sound dandy once I get my HUcast (Skyly) up to Ult. Caves.

Yes, those Droid only armors do seem pretty nice...although I noticed you can get easier drops of the more "advanced" versions of the S and D-Parts in higher Difficulties...But does a level 53 HUcast count as a "low-level droid"? O.o

Oh, and I don't really know any 1337 anyway...I just do it as a bit of a joke...>_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2003-11-10 22:39 ]</font>

Erendell
Nov 11, 2003, 12:39 PM
I found the S-Parts when I was going through normal mines, thought it was just a photon drop or something.
Pretty surprised that it was a rare barrier http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Suffice to say I promptly sent it over to my RAcast http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

s.TiNgEr
Nov 11, 2003, 01:48 PM
Nice find. An annoying one to find because

1. It's in Normal mode >>
2. It's about as hard to find as an 11 Star weapon

SpyroDi
Nov 11, 2003, 02:31 PM
If you're going to look for S-Parts,get the 2.01 version. It has +15 ATA,which the older version doesn't. However,the older version is MUCH easier to find,since it's availiable in Hard and even VHard. It's your decision.

Also,you want the OLDER version of D-Parts because the newer one adds +10 ATP,the older one +35 ATP. There isn't much DFP and EVP difference either,just 30 levels difference. It seems as though you don't have a Greenill,so you'll have to use your Redria/Skyly to get D-Parts 1.01 from a Bulclaw. Ouch.

lanceor
Nov 12, 2003, 01:39 AM
On 2003-11-10 17:46, LordMe wrote:
i'm not sure...

lol

i got plenty of them, as well as RED SCORPIOs

Eihwaz
Nov 12, 2003, 01:41 AM
So, I should get the "older" D-Parts and the "younger" S-Parts, then?

Oh, and my HUmar FINALLY got though Ult. Forest...Let the piping for Demo Comets begin...Also, my first run of Ult Fake in Yellow was NOT successful...did level up, and the only Pal Rappy dropped a...Freeze Barrier...>.>

Oh well...By the way, which quest has the most Barbles in it? My FOnewm has some stronger techs now, and I can properly search for the Red Saber...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2003-11-11 22:43 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Nov 13, 2003, 09:08 PM
YES! My luck may be on the up side! Today, while leveling up in Vhard Temple, I finish off that pesky So Dimenian. A red box drops.
"Weee, another crap rare...WTF?!? A GOD/POWER?!?! HELL YES!!"

Yes, my friends, it was sweet. Then, Barba Ray dropped a Red Box too...too bad it was a Stag Cutlery, of which I have at least 3...(and only 2 HUs to use them...)

Deus-Irae
Nov 13, 2003, 09:13 PM
congrats, good find! i usually have to pipe for those for sure. keep hunting!

Eihwaz
Nov 13, 2003, 09:21 PM
Heh, thanks. I'll do some more Vhard temple Runs later. Right now, my main concern is getting Matt to Lv. 71 (Allowing him to use his Holiness Armor), getting a Demo Comet, and possible a S-Berril's Arm. I know the #0 model sucks, but maybe I can convince my friend to hook me up with a berill photon...

LordMe
Nov 13, 2003, 09:31 PM
well best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^_^

Eihwaz
Nov 14, 2003, 01:11 AM
Well, now, Matt's Rati has hit Lv. 200, and that coupled with the new God/Pow gives me one slight advantage. Tsumikiri J-Sword. My friend gave it to me as a joke, but I can actually equip the damn thing now. It's special is kinda pointless, but it looks cool and is strong. Btw, I have no intention of using it once I get my DC. I'd rather use my Last Survivor for the HP drain. The search for 1337 rares continues!!

SpyroDi
Nov 14, 2003, 05:40 PM
Don't use the TJ-Sword,it's too hacked. It will ruin your gameplay tenfold. =/

Eihwaz
Nov 14, 2003, 06:56 PM
Personally, despite being the 2nd Strongest sword in the entire game, I really don't like it that much. Looks cool, but plain. Wooo, a big katana...Special is kinda crap. But, since the enemies splatter me without it (they only splatter me a bit less WITH it), I intend to keep using it until I find my DC. Once I find the DC, I will either deposit the TJSword in the bank for offline use only, or get rid of it.

Tilldawn
Nov 14, 2003, 07:13 PM
destroy it my friend rid the world of that swords evil powers of corrupting the mind of the player making them want more dupes Rid the world of this cursed sword !!!! >.>

Eihwaz
Nov 15, 2003, 12:26 AM
Gaaaaaaaaaaah! *twitches*

Eeeer...lol!!11 G1mm3 som3 Psycho wandz and double cannon.s.shahahahalol1!!1. and mebbe s0me of those flowen's sords thigns. i'm a m@xed stat HUmar named Sephiroth-SSjTrunks lol. don't make me get uwt teh dark flow, legit, roflmao!! oh, gimme some *inane garble*

*casts Anit Lv. 7 on self and equips RESIST/N00B++*

Wheeeeew. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Heh, I really don't like the TJSword. Only using it till I find my Demolition Comet. And MAYBE till I find the God/Battle. Then, that's 10 more meseta for me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Eihwaz
Nov 16, 2003, 02:22 AM
YES!! FINALLY!!

After getting a Monomate and Monofluid from those stingy Mill Lillies, the red finally dropped.

The Demolition Comet tekked to (0/0/0/25). Not bad, not bad at all. I FINALLY HAVE ONE!! Gathered grinders from all my chars, and grinded it up to +21.

After finding this, I decided to pwn Ult Forest. Things died quickly, and I found some more goodies. Another Custom Ray v.00 from a box, and in the next room, a Diska of Liberator...both with some okay %s. Also found a couple mats...HP and Defense, I believe.

Then, I shr33d3d old Sil Dragon. And, after the fight, he drops some red. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

The Diska of BRAVEMAN (First one!!) tekked to (0/0/25/0). Pretty good, my first slicer worth using!

Now, all I need to find is my God/Battle off Redria Hidelt, and a Red Saber from Pinkal Bartle. And maybe another DC for the HUcast.

SO COOL!!

Eihwaz
Nov 16, 2003, 02:37 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!! I'm on a ROLL!!

First run of Ult Forest, I see one of those greenish Pal Rappies. Kill it off, and slash it when it tries to run off. Red drops.

The Red Hangun tekked to (0/25/0/0). Not too bad at all, though I wished the bullets were RED instead of green...oh well.

A couple Pow and HP Mats later, I find yet another Custom Ray (10/5/10/0). Then, the boss feels like it needs to drop ANOTHER Diska of Braveman (0/0/25/0). Not bad, and all this, plus a new Photon Drop.

My luck is on the upside. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rownan
Nov 18, 2003, 11:23 AM
Wow, good finds! Diska of Braveman is a curse on Redria. Keep going for that god/battle, it is the single best drop for Redria!

And toss the TJ sword, people use it online like it makes them special cause they are using a sword no one else can get, but it just makes everyone roll their eyes at you..

Eihwaz
Nov 22, 2003, 08:33 PM
On 2003-11-18 08:23, Rownan wrote:
Wow, good finds! Diska of Braveman is a curse on Redria. Keep going for that god/battle, it is the single best drop for Redria!

And toss the TJ sword, people use it online like it makes them special cause they are using a sword no one else can get, but it just makes everyone roll their eyes at you..

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Heh, thanks! Diska of Braveman is better than those pesky Diska Of Liberators...but 4 is enough...Should I ever get online, I won't use that stupid TJSword. I like my Demolition Comet much better! Besides, Barburary found out the real way to unseal the Sealed J Sword, so if I ever find one, I can get a Legit one...if the method works...

But yeah, I'm still trying for that God/Battle. Heart stopped when Hildelt drops Red...Photon drop...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Castershell
Nov 23, 2003, 02:52 AM
j00 4r3 73|-| 1337 P14y3r. j00 |-|4/3 73|-| |/|4|) 5|<i11z!!111!!1shift+1!!

But I know what you guys mean about ppl that flaunt their hacked TJ-Swords. An idiot friend of mine is always bragging about his (hacked/duped of course), and when we do multi-play he goes around killing everything! Makes me sad I dunno how to PK -_-;. And when I tell him that at least I earn my weapons, he shrugs and says "who cares?". It makes me wanna give him a mp3 player full of ripped songs and drop him off infront of RIAA HQ.

Eihwaz
Nov 24, 2003, 12:30 AM
Wow! Why brag about the stupid TJSword that someone gave me for free, when I can brag about that God/Power I just so happened to find? Or that Demolition Comet that I spent several days searching for? Or the various, Lv.200 Mags I raised?

If I'm going to brag, I'm going to do it right.

Anyway, does anyone know the drop rate of Redria God/Battle from Hildelts? (i.e. 1/300, etc).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2003-11-23 21:33 ]</font>

Delsaber
Nov 24, 2003, 12:58 AM
I am not sure but in a span of 10 FoS runs I got three of them.. Guess it is just luck of the draw.