PDA

View Full Version : How dost thou mines despise one so?

lain2k3
Nov 10, 2003, 10:57 PM
Alright, I finnally hit lvl 150 with my HUnewearl yesterday, and I have found not a one of the Items I've been looking for in the ult. mines since level 130. Thats' about 7.5 million exp in the ult. mines alone, equalling around 90 runs.

This whole Time Ive been looking for 4 items, none of which have shown themselves. the other 4 drops have popped up on the other hand. I'm looking for:
kasami bracer - sinow blue (i'm sooo goddamned sick of f**king celestial shield!!!!)
S-reds arms - sinow red
magic rock moola - canune
NUG-2000 bazooka - canabin

the other 4 drops are parts of baranz (2),
gae bolg (88), L&K14 combat (7), and cure shock (2)

and I've also accumulated 15 PD's from canabins, 3 from s-reds, and 9 from sinow blues.

I was wondering how much longer until I should be expecting any of these to pop up. I know that Vulpes Mundi had gotten all of these by level 88 or some shit like that, but I wonder if he is a real person, instead of a luck factory sometimes.

Is there any quest that will serve me better? (offline) I have been trying the first room of soul of steel, but to no avail, and besides, all that damn talking beforehand is killing my 'A' button.

thanks in anvance for any help on this, be it therapy for toomanyPDdisorder, or some responses too my questions.

P.S. - Is there a way to reset your characters materials offline?, I really messed up my HUnnys and RAmarls mats.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lain2k3 on 2003-11-10 20:10 ]</font>

Lord_Sloth
Nov 10, 2003, 11:03 PM
Hey it wont get any easier! I have been looking for 3 weapons on the ult difficulty for 2 months now and I haven't found anything except those d*mn Last Survivers and those Dragon Slayers!

lain2k3
Nov 10, 2003, 11:07 PM
I noticed that, yup.

It took me almost four months to get a luminous field.

Lord_Sloth
Nov 10, 2003, 11:15 PM
Have you encountered any rare weapons so many times that you just sell them? I have seen ove 100 Flowen's Sword's!

Hikara
Nov 10, 2003, 11:53 PM
My buddy has near... uh... 32 DB Sabers stored up in his bank. Stupid Rares...

Patience, hard work, and a little bit of luck, kid.

Lord_Sloth
Nov 11, 2003, 12:00 AM
My little bro had over 50 but he sold them all! They were just taking up space!

TiRune
Nov 11, 2003, 05:49 AM
I found some very good rares like liminous field (Pinkal forest, can u believe my luck)just by playing the game for fun... when I tried 2 get a Rainbow rappy (I think it's pal :/) I played for 2 days without getting the rare... I suggest just 2 play the game for fun and the rares will appear, hunting isn't very effective and it's very boring IMO

Deus-Irae
Nov 11, 2003, 05:58 AM
you are yelloboze i see...

i with ya. and im sick of Gae Bolgs!!!

i have found the NUG and all of the lesser rares you listed that you found, but the Bracer, Magic Rock, and S-reds are all super rare (i guess the Nug is tough to come by too). ive not found those 3 goodies yet...

i dont think there are any better offline quests for Mines really (correct me if im wrong someone), just regular runs really.

i think our best bet is to keep hunting and try to get a good team online to do some Mines runs and some Endless/Mop-up runs.

i am looking forward to finding all of these missing yelloboze rares. let's keep hunting! good luck.

lain2k3
Nov 11, 2003, 06:39 AM
On 2003-11-11 02:58, Deus-Irae wrote:
you are yelloboze i see...

i with ya. and im sick of Gae Bolgs!!!

i have found the NUG and all of the lesser rares you listed that you found, but the Bracer, Magic Rock, and S-reds are all super rare (i guess the Nug is tough to come by too). ive not found those 3 goodies yet...

i dont think there are any better offline quests for Mines really (correct me if im wrong someone), just regular runs really.

i think our best bet is to keep hunting and try to get a good team online to do some Mines runs and some Endless/Mop-up runs.

i am looking forward to finding all of these missing yelloboze rares. let's keep hunting! good luck.

How long did It take you to get the NUG?

and to the others, it will be fun again once I can find something I'm looking for. I dont go into an area without knowing what I can get there, so I'm always looking for something...

Deus-Irae
Nov 11, 2003, 07:00 AM
the NUG dropped really quickly. ive had it since lv 120 maybe? dont remeber exactly...

and i think knowing what drops is part of our problem! it sucks knowing what critter drops what, because we are allways expecting and hoping for that rare itme to appear. it make the wait that much more painfull! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

melte
Nov 11, 2003, 08:03 AM
i am bluefull and dont get me started ob how many gie bolgs i have found it is really in the 1000s i can find them in any difficulty and any place from anything lol its anoying

VulpesMundi
Nov 11, 2003, 09:07 AM
On 2003-11-10 19:57, lain2k3 wrote:
I was wondering how much longer until I should be expecting any of these to pop up. I know that Vulpes Mundi had gotten all of these by level 88 or some shit like that, but I wonder if he is a real person, instead of a luck factory sometimes.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Seriously, though, I haven't found a NUG. I've tried here and there, but it just won't fall. Being an 11-star rare from a rather stingy critter is a pain in the butt. And I think I've put more effort into looking for it from a Greennill Sinow Red. X.x

I'm not as lucky as people seem to think. I'm just very persistant in most of my item hunts. Just look at the Ruby Bullet. I did approximately 150 Vol Opt ver.2 kills on IDs that can find this virtually useless (though kinda nifty looking) weapon just so I could get a stupid tekker picture. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

All I can suggest is keep trying. There aren't really any good offline quests for hunting a NUG from Canabins. If you're in a hurry I guess I would suggest Knowing One's Heart, since it has quite a few Canadines/Canabins in a short one-floor romp.

Deus-Irae
Nov 13, 2003, 09:02 PM
ah yes!

i found the Kasami Bracer. after many many ULT Mines runs.

screw the Soul of Steel quest. its all about offline Mines runs, or online stuff with a good team (one that shares!)

now i need to get those red arms to drop. it'll happen http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

hmmm, time to try some Endless 3 i think...!

KaFKa
Nov 13, 2003, 09:45 PM
...online, endless 3. offline, runs. all i hafta say. for any rare hunt in mines.

BTW i got a s-red's blade on my first s-red (i still think that it was a glitch, cuz i can't believe that luck) and i'm happily using them on my HUcast. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

LordMe
Nov 13, 2003, 09:51 PM
On 2003-11-10 21:00, Lord_Sloth wrote:
My little bro had over 50 but he sold them all! They were just taking up space!

D*mn them DB's saber's and that d*amn blade dance

Lord_Sloth
Nov 13, 2003, 10:34 PM
On 2003-11-11 02:49, TiRune wrote:
I suggest just 2 play the game for fun and the rares will appear, hunting isn't very effective and it's very boring IMO

I've noticed that! Weapon hunting only aquires one thing and one thing only! MAXIMUM IRRITATION! It gets so annoying! Just like leveling up! I hate leveling up! I'm just gonna take your advise! And get that Tails Chao! THEN I WILL LAUGH AT THE ENEMY EFFORTS EVEN MORE THAN I DO ALWREADY! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!
*runs off laughing insanely*

lain2k3
Nov 13, 2003, 11:17 PM
On 2003-11-11 02:49, TiRune wrote:
I suggest just 2 play the game for fun and the rares will appear, hunting isn't very effective and it's very boring IMO

That just doesnt work for me, because the fun part is finding something worth picking up, not just killing the same stupidass monsters thousands of times to no avail.

LordMe
Nov 13, 2003, 11:21 PM
i just kill barble after barble...from now on i just KILL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

NoxiousOne
Nov 14, 2003, 12:18 AM
I hate running through Ep. 2 and finding nothing but Diskas of Braveman while I try to get good special weapons. I also get a lot of other craptacular slicer class weapons as whitill.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NoxiousOne on 2003-11-13 21:21 ]</font>

-Luke-
Nov 14, 2003, 08:20 AM
Meh....I am lvl 53 in VH, but once I get to Ult, guaranteed I will have the same difficulty finding good items, only cos in the last couple days, I have found: 3 dbs sabers, 2 flowens, 2 blade dances
bah.
Luke

Raziel_Kai
Nov 16, 2003, 07:38 AM
A rare item is a rare item.
If I'd complain each time I've killed a Tollaw to get its Lavis Cannon I'd be darn right annoying.

Just have patience, enjoy the game and eventually, you'll luck out.

My trick as to not grab the little black lunchbox and throw it from the window? Play offline multiplayer with my pals. All of them have Vhard~Ult level charas and sometimes we just play for fun, joking about silly stuff all the way, using all kind of useless stuff.
And we have been getting lucky.
Good amount of materials, some nifty and powerful rares, etc.

Just keep playing.

Happy hunting!

lain2k3
Nov 16, 2003, 09:29 AM
Dont talk to me about complaining, this in only the 3rd thread I've ever started on this board. since whenever the hell I joined.3.

Although, while completing soul of a blacksmith with my skyly ramarl, I did find a chainsawd that tekked to 20/20/0/0. I am happily using it now on my HUcaseal, who is doing Addicting food runs for red sword and flight fan. (whitill) Yay!

I also piped my second temple hildetorr in yellowboze yesterday. It took over 2 hours to find it, and stiffed for the second time.