PDA

View Full Version : Photon claw, strike speed.

SaitoH
Apr 5, 2001, 01:11 AM
I picked up a photon claw while using my FOmarl Aviendha. I decided to give it a try. I have used them before on hunters and I found that Its very easy to get knocked out of the 3rd strike from a combo. You have to just do 2 hits or start a combo very early. Making sure that the first hit connects as far away as possible in order to get all 3 strikes to connect.
My point is this. When equipped on a FOmarl the 3rd strike, seems to me, to come out much quicker. Thus making the weapon much easier to use. Has anyone else noiticed this?

Kamotz
Apr 5, 2001, 02:32 AM
Yeah I've noticed that. It's also a problem with my double saber and any type of regular saber. Because of this I only use handguns, partisans and swords. I can attack from a little bit farther away, so my combo completes. The only time I use my double saber or photon claw is in normal when I feel like showing off to some low level characters, or posing for my signature screen shots http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

HS-Tyrant
Apr 5, 2001, 04:30 AM
yo guys, if you feel like using your double saber and claw type weapons.. even on v-hard in mines and ruins... i suggest 3-4 god/battles... it really does make the difference in speed and alow all tree (even all hard's) attacks connect... altho it takes some degree of finese you get used to it tho.. i did.. =)

SaitoH
Apr 5, 2001, 09:39 AM
3 or 4 god-battles! I don't have THAT good of luck finding stuff. I wish though.

My question was concerning the photon claws 3rd strike. Is quicker on a FOmarl than say a hunter?

Lightning
Apr 5, 2001, 09:57 AM
the trick i have found with a double sabre is to start moving before you get a "lock" on the enemy... you may miss the first blow of the two hits from the first button press, but you are almost guarenteed to get the rest in, and thats where all the damage is done...

Neojin
Apr 5, 2001, 10:27 AM
I say yes...very possible. If you notice each race/class has a differnt way of attacking. This is obvious but unquiping a weapon and using hand to hand.

I have seen many differnt weapons, and I still think a high end Wand on my FOneweal is the fastest attack i've seen out of any weapon. The animation is very effortless, she just seems to move side to side with the wand...too bad its such close range I just dont have the nerve to use them hehe.

I have found alot of nice things but one..NOT 4 god/ablilities hehe, and surprising as common as they seem to be no Photon Claws..thats ok Ryiko wuvs her Repeaters.."RATATATATA"

The_Saint
Apr 5, 2001, 12:00 PM
i think that certain animations are meant to incoourage/discourage classes from using weapons in certain situations. If you want to survive in some areas, you may need to use a different weapon. But, if you like how it looks..or are just crazy (Danger Girl) you can use any weapon any time. Its your choice! I personally REALLY enjoy the hand-to-hand weapons (BEWARE MY DRUNK-IN-BOXERS STYLE!!). But i can only use them in the forest & the mines effectively. Its all about your play style.