PDA

View Full Version : i need sleep...

KaFKa
Nov 11, 2003, 02:07 PM
im not even sure that this is supposed to be in off-topic, this is so off-topic.

i went to a rave yesterday and got zero sleep. just womdering if anyone else has made this mistake?

please, anybody?

somebody?

i feel so alone.

ladyjaderiver
Nov 11, 2003, 02:17 PM
I never go to raves or parties, so I can't really relate...

starhealer
Nov 11, 2003, 02:23 PM
I've never been to a rave, but on multiple occasions I've stayed up until four or five in the morning working on projects for class, only to have to get up at six to get ready to go.

And the sad thing is, that hour of sleep is the most beautiful thing...

KaFKa
Nov 11, 2003, 02:56 PM
...neither of you 2 have been to raves? bah. although they are fun to go have fun at, kinda like a party, but better. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif sleep i need...

SubstanceD
Nov 11, 2003, 03:20 PM
I don't do raves or parties, I am very anti social that way. I have however gone without sleep for extended periods on numerous occasions.

I am a pro wrestling fan ( please no smart ass remarks, no dumb ass ones for that matter either ) and over here in Europe we get ceratin wrestling pay per views for free, the draw back is that in order to get that most out of it you have to watch programs like this 'live' and as such it usually involves having to waith up untill 1:00 am when they usually begin to 4:00 am when they are over, and if you are like me once you go to sleep you don't wake up untill youve had 9 hours sleep it means that you can't go to bed a 4:00 am because you know you won't wake up in time for work. So yeah, at least 8 times a year find myslef pulling 36 hour stints were there is no sleep involved at all and lots of intense physical labor involed while I am awake. Longest I've gone without sleep is like over 46 hours but that was back when I very, very young.

Dragon_Knight
Nov 11, 2003, 03:27 PM
>_> Just watching a rave was good enough for me. Anyway, I've been to parties that went all night, I leave when I get tired as I don't like to push my self to far unless I have to.

starhealer
Nov 11, 2003, 04:23 PM
My longest stint without sleep was, I think, three days.

After that I slept for like twelve, thirteen hours...It was awful.

When I was little I went forty-eight hours without any sleep, but I was sick and couldn't get to bed, so I don't know if that counts.

Subliminalgroove
Nov 11, 2003, 06:02 PM
I too have gone days without sleep... I find I can handle about 2. It is absolute murder on your body, even if you think you feel good. There is a reason we need sleep...

Freak74
Nov 12, 2003, 01:31 AM
He he he...the last rave I went to was 2 years ago. I was up for at least 30+ hours!! Had a great time. I wouldn't call staying up for 30+ hours a mistake. I would call it...insane if you're dancing all night...did I mention that I was sober at the rave? @_@

DRUGS are BAD!!!!
Never touched them, never will!!! >_<

lanceor
Nov 12, 2003, 01:42 AM
im a riot at parties, but i rarely go to them.
party or no party, either way i dont sleep much.
the time is 12:42

Nai_Calus
Nov 12, 2003, 01:55 AM
I stayed up for a good 47 hours just the other day/night/next day/next night. >_> Then I finally went to be and woke up five hours later. *shakes head*

I did sleep for almost 24 hours once. I'd had to take a greyhound bus from Memphis to Asheville, North Carolina, so I'd been up and in a lot of stress for about 36 hours because I hadn't been able to sleep that day or on the bus. Got home around noon. Went to bed. Fell into coma. Woke up. It was about 11:30am the next day. Mom never again tried to get me to come home on Greyhound. >_>;

anwserman
Nov 12, 2003, 04:27 AM
That'd feel so wierd, sleeping for 24 hours. My longest day without sleep was this spring, I was working on my advanced math notebook (we have to have all of our assignments done, in order and handed in by the end of the quarter... which I didn't exactly do at all... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif) so I stayed up all night doing that, went through school and then I went to work at Dairy Queen at 4PM, about one hour that school got out. Worse of all, it was a nice, springish almost summer day out and we were busy. I was really wired by the time we closed and I got home.

I went to bed about, eh eleven or twelve or so. Woke up at 10. Actually felt good, I was proud of myself! Even more proud of when I flew to Minneapolis from Germany (visited my brother in Darmstedt), went to Mall of America, and played Dance Dance Revolution. Completely sucked it up, had been up for more then 24 hours. Yeah, got the game Illbleed though from Funcoland, so I had a relatively good day. And a black VMU... that sucker looked so cool I had to buy it!

Spider
Nov 12, 2003, 04:50 AM
Never been to a "rave" dunno what one is, must be a non australian thing or something, but if a weekend has a couple of parties and a gig or two I'll stay up 60+ hours, screws up the next week of school but:P

BogusKun
Nov 12, 2003, 04:50 AM
I had sex with a girl I didn't know at first once. Then supposely I gave her my number. She called me up another round, but then when we met I decided to be friends with her. So we pretty much are buds.

Subliminalgroove
Nov 12, 2003, 04:59 AM
On 2003-11-12 01:50, BogusKun wrote:
I had sex with a girl I didn't know at first once. Then supposely I gave her my number. She called me up another round, but then when we met I decided to be friends with her. So we pretty much are buds.

ummm.... okay

BogusKun
Nov 12, 2003, 06:57 AM
i need sleep huh?

starhealer
Nov 12, 2003, 12:08 PM
I know I do.

I went to bed around...five this morning. I woke up just a little before seven. I won't be able to go to sleep until at least two tomorrow morning.

Damn tech week.

starhealer
Nov 12, 2003, 12:12 PM
Edit: Damn double post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: starhealer on 2003-11-12 12:39 ]</font>

Kizaragu
Nov 12, 2003, 03:28 PM
You doubled posted. Must of been tired. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

KaFKa
Nov 12, 2003, 03:37 PM
...or lagged, that happened to me a wile back...