PDA

View Full Version : Which anime dude could Jim Carey play the best???

Ryu-Tatsu
Nov 11, 2003, 07:10 PM
I'd say Vash or Lupin the 3rd

Kizaragu
Nov 11, 2003, 07:13 PM
Topics like this is the reason why OT is going stale.
What's the point in it?

Zaneatron
Nov 11, 2003, 07:17 PM
ius believeus thatus thisus shouldus beus inus freshus killus landus fillus, seeingus itus hasus nous pointus, hahahahahahaus, tryus andus readus thatus inus aus hurryus http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gifus

Jaks
Nov 11, 2003, 10:35 PM
Just answer the damn question people!
I'd say Vash

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jaks on 2003-11-11 19:35 ]</font>

BogusKun
Nov 12, 2003, 07:00 AM
Grinch

KodiaX987
Nov 12, 2003, 09:41 AM
Alucard, from Hellsing.

I'm dead serious.

BWS-1
Nov 12, 2003, 10:52 AM
Yeah, I'd be curious to see Jim play Alucard. I mean, it would be a cross between the Riddler in Batman and the ''evil Loyd'' in Dumb and Dummer, only more evil then dumb.

KodiaX987
Nov 12, 2003, 11:26 AM
I think Jim could play a serious role. The only difference is that he has to wicked instead of silly.

Inu_Ranma
Nov 12, 2003, 11:34 AM
Serious, yes...but Alucard? I just don't think Jim Carrey has the face, body, or voice to pull off a role like that...

It is an interesting thought, though...

Hmmmmm...He's to psychotic-funny to play Vash IMHO.

Who who who....

I dunno. Nobody realy seems to be a feasable character for Jim Carrey to me. I guess vash would be closest, but like Hellsing, a live action of Trigun would ruin the series, I think.

DarthFomar
Nov 12, 2003, 08:24 PM
I would say Jim Carrey could play a good Lupin the 3rd. Fix up his hair put on a red coat belt and tie and some sky blue dress pants and you have one major kick ass Lupin.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2003-11-12 17:24 ]</font>

Jaks
Nov 12, 2003, 08:35 PM
Yeah and umm Jet Li(sp?) could be Goemon.
Now who could play Fujiko, Jigen,and Zenigata?

Ryu-Tatsu
Nov 12, 2003, 08:39 PM
On 2003-11-12 17:35, Jaks wrote:
Yeah and umm Jet Li(sp?) could be Goemon.
Now who could play Fujiko, Jigen,and Zenigata?

Jigen = Keanu Reaves w/gotee(sp?)
Fujiko = Jessica Alba?
Zenigata = Pierce Brosnan?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryu-Tatsu on 2003-11-12 17:47 ]</font>

Inu_Ranma
Nov 13, 2003, 12:14 AM
Pierce Brosnan is as Japanese as Sean Connery, excluding in "You Only Live Twice" ^_^

Zenigata is Japanese, just in case you were curious.

My problem with Jim Carrey as Lupin is the fact that Jim Carrey has an incapability of acting tender in the Lupin fashion. Then again, that tenderness is only exhibited in Castle of Cagliostro, so if you did TV/Manga Lupin it'd be easier. Still, though. He just doesn't seem right for it.

trypticon
Nov 13, 2003, 04:00 AM
I would really actually like to see some anime turned into a live action movie, and only for one reason: people would finally realize how retarded these cartoons are when they see these live actors walking around with their mouths, and eyes open or squinting in unnecessary distorted manners. For this purpose, Jim Carrey would fit perfectly. He is a brilliant comedian, and would really help destroy the foundation of these stupid ass anime cartoons for good.

Think of it for a moment, if you will. A live actor, mouth and eyes open wider than physically possible, holding this facial expression for long moments while flying needlessly through the air. It would be hillarious at once, and yet at the same time, act as a complete insult to anime lovers the world over. I can't wait for the mixed reviews.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2003-11-13 01:04 ]</font>

Inu_Ranma
Nov 13, 2003, 06:27 PM
Wow. I rarely meet anybody who's that ignorant, trypticon. I'd say that you've seen maybe two or three Anime at the most, and have labelled the entire medium after those two or three.

Not all Anime has big eyes, distorted faces, small mouths, action, girls, skimpy clothing, or anything, for that matter. It's a medium. Perhaps you have it confused with a genre, in which all of the examples share a common thread? These days, not even all Anime is ANIMATED by hand.

Grow up, troll.

Jaks
Nov 13, 2003, 07:56 PM
I thought Zenigata was from Interpol, England?
explain Inu_Ranma

Inu_Ranma
Nov 14, 2003, 01:11 AM
Zenigata works for interpol. There are Japanese people who work for interpol, news flash.

Just look at his name, for pete's sake.

trypticon
Nov 14, 2003, 01:48 AM
On 2003-11-13 15:27, Inu_Ranma wrote:
Wow. I rarely meet anybody who's that ignorant, trypticon. I'd say that you've seen maybe two or three Anime at the most, and have labelled the entire medium after those two or three.

Not all Anime has big eyes, distorted faces, small mouths, action, girls, skimpy clothing, or anything, for that matter. It's a medium. Perhaps you have it confused with a genre, in which all of the examples share a common thread? These days, not even all Anime is ANIMATED by hand.

Grow up, troll.

The mixed reviews begin!

Inu_Ranma
Nov 14, 2003, 02:41 AM
So far, the reviews aren't mixed. Do you care to ammend or withdraw your statement?

Mixfortune
Nov 14, 2003, 04:31 AM
And the generalizations just roll on in. :|

Jaks
Nov 14, 2003, 02:58 PM
On 2003-11-13 22:11, Inu_Ranma wrote:
Zenigata works for interpol. There are Japanese people who work for interpol, news flash.

Just look at his name, for pete's sake.

Look but you don't need to be a smart ass.
I asked a simple question.

And I can remember an episode where Zenigata said he
grew up in Interpol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jaks on 2003-11-14 11:59 ]</font>

Anubis_
Nov 14, 2003, 03:10 PM
I think he could be the secret Iori from cap vs snk 2003...

Well,, come to think of it.. Irois secret charecter was a serious/crazy.. not a stupid/crazy like jim cary..,, besides.. who plays that tired old title any who.? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_chuck-ball.gif

So i realy dont know..
I dont think he would be good for Vash.. Vash does have a similar comedic presence as Jim, but it also requires a deep seriousness that Jim just doesn't have.. at least not that i've seen..

How about he growes a beared and mustache and plays Takuns dad from FLCL.. Then he could be him and Lupin.. lol..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anubis_ on 2003-11-14 12:11 ]</font>

_Sinue_
Nov 14, 2003, 03:46 PM
Jim Carrey would probably play an excellent "Mouse the Repair Man" from Armitage: Dual Matrix. He's got the exaggerated body movements, Slim face, and penchant for going from one extreme of excitement to the other. It's also a small enough role that if he fucks it up, noone is going to care.

http://www.animefringe.com/magazine/02.06/feature/2/mouse.jpg

Jaks
Nov 14, 2003, 04:30 PM
On 2003-11-13 15:27, Inu_Ranma wrote:

Grow up, troll.

maybe he didn't see any anime at all, maybe he saw THIS (http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail57.html)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jaks on 2003-11-14 13:36 ]</font>

trypticon
Nov 14, 2003, 05:06 PM
Good call man, Strong Bad rocks. And yes, I've seen some anime, not a lot, but some, and even though it isn't a style of animation I prefer, I can respect the work that is involved in it's creation.

Inu_Ranma
Nov 14, 2003, 06:31 PM
Okay. I respect you much more now, Trypticon, as if it should or could matter to you.... Sorry for being sarcastic earler about the Zenigata thing. Argh. No vash. Armitage: Dual Matrix was too badly writted to be made into a live action, I hope.

_Sinue_
Nov 14, 2003, 07:15 PM
I dunno. I wouldn't say it was poorly written, but it's definately not anything spectacular. My main problem with it is that none of the character's personalities seemed to carry over from the first film. I guess having a kid will do that to even anime android chicks. *Shrug*

Juliette Lewis was a BAD choice for the voice of Armitage. Elisabeth Berkly did a much better job at bringing the character to life and giving her a spark of personality. Lewis's preformance makes Armitage seem reserved, unsure, and depressed.. and that's a complete opposite of what she was in the first film.