PDA

View Full Version : Psycho Wand.....

unknown2226
Nov 13, 2003, 10:36 PM
I haven't been getting any new rares for a week now so I decided to do (with my level 127 Hunewearl who is a Redria) some ruins runs offline (I would have done it online but my friend is on vacation)....

So anyway on my 13th run a Gran Sorcerer dropped a red box so I was like "Oh this is great my first new rare a Photon drop" so I was going to leave the box there (cuz I am sick and tired of Photon drops) but I was like what the heck let me just get it and alas it was the psycho wand yay

Now just to level my Fonewm so he can use it.....

I can't believe this kind of rare just drops without me looking http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DOG21313
Nov 13, 2003, 11:27 PM
On 2003-11-13 19:36, unknown2226 wrote:
I haven't been getting any new rares for a week now so I decided to do (with my level 127 Hunewearl who is a Redria) some ruins runs offline (I would have done it online but my friend is on vacation)....

So anyway on my 13th run a Gran Sorcerer dropped a red box so I was like "Oh this is great my first new rare a Photon drop" so I was going to leave the box there (cuz I am sick and tired of Photon drops) but I was like what the heck let me just get it and alas it was the psycho wand yay

Now just to level my Fonewm so he can use it.....

I can't believe this kind of rare just drops without me looking http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Hmm... you've inspired me to go do some Ruins runs... maybe I'll find one. Grats. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

LordMe
Nov 13, 2003, 11:30 PM
hmmm i need to do some ult mine's run's!!!oh and great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zarana
Nov 14, 2003, 12:18 AM
I don't buy it for a second, but if other people do that's their business.

Soukosa
Nov 14, 2003, 01:39 AM
On 2003-11-13 21:18, Zarana wrote:

Regardless of how rare an item is, it can still show up. Besides, there were a ton of rares on the DC/PC versions that make getting the hardest rares on the GC/XBox versions seem easy to get and people have managed to get those too.

Eihwaz
Nov 14, 2003, 02:00 AM
Heh, good job! Yet another reason why Redria is such a great section ID! You really beat the odds...getting Gran Sorceror to drop a 12-Star Rare Weapon...Have fun with it, and may it's TP Saving skill save you lots of meseta (since you won't need so many fluids).

unknown2226
Nov 14, 2003, 06:46 AM
My fonewm still can't use it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
I need to level up some more levels to use it....oh well it will still be a great item when he can use it....

Also I didn't get any percents but oh well its still a great weapon

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: unknown2226 on 2003-11-14 03:47 ]</font>

echo-2003
Nov 14, 2003, 09:28 AM
On 2003-11-13 23:00, Eihwaz wrote:
Heh, good job! Yet another reason why Redria is such a great section ID! You really beat the odds...getting Gran Sorceror to drop a 12-Star Rare Weapon...Have fun with it, and may it's TP Saving skill save you lots of meseta (since you won't need so many fluids).

Instead he will have to buy Trimates http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

rena-ko
Nov 14, 2003, 10:36 AM
woah!! - you are an incredible lucky person, you know?

congrats!!

AlphaDoom
Nov 14, 2003, 11:30 AM
Gran Sorceror teased me yesterday with it's photon drop.

But hey, thats an excellent find! just keep it to yourself and don't let anyone dupe it.

MaxBuster
Nov 14, 2003, 11:52 AM
I remember playing Ruins a few days ago and saw a Buclaw drop a red. I was so happy because I was on a lucky streak and thought it HAD to be the Psycho Wand. It was a PD...so sad. But a Claw did drop a DB's Sword and also a Merlan dropped a Spread Needle, all out of pity I think.

heyf00L
Nov 14, 2003, 02:12 PM
Lemme guess, you already tekked it. Oh, and 0%? How unfortunate; just like the dupe.

*BS firecracker shoots into the sky, lighting up the night*

navci
Nov 14, 2003, 02:39 PM
My Greenile friend played Ruins Ults randomly and got a Gran Sorcerer to drop on him too. But then... just as he was leaving the tekker, he FSODed.

Great find and great loss.
What luck. =P

Hm, I was actually think the Psycho Wand maybe better used on a FOmar than a FOnewm due to the FOmar's rod casting animation is much, much faster than FOnewms (not to mention looking much better!)

I have both, mwahahaha, now I just need to level that stupid stumar....

Congratulations, anyway!

joluh
Nov 14, 2003, 03:05 PM
I need one of those SO BAD!!! at least my FOmarl just hit Ult/Caves last night, and she's Purplenum, i did it for the mechs, since my RAcaseal loves them but she's Greennill, and looking at the drops section, WTF, YAY!!! purplenum is the one who can get the Psycho Wand off a Lilly =D, now let's pipe... hummm too boring... do you think i have a chance?!?!?

=^.^= Meow!!!

Wufei
Nov 14, 2003, 04:52 PM
If you're telling the truth ... you have no idea how lucky you are.

Aphrodite2003
Nov 14, 2003, 05:08 PM
A little off topic, but I love the FOnewms rod casting. I think it looks really cool, compared top the lame ones that the others do.

navci
Nov 14, 2003, 05:20 PM
On 2003-11-14 14:08, Aphrodite2003 wrote:
A little off topic, but I love the FOnewms rod casting. I think it looks really cool, compared top the lame ones that the others do.

Coolness aside.
It is slower than I would like.....

unknown2226
Nov 14, 2003, 08:23 PM
I am not lying so now because I find a good rare (since the DC times I haven't found an uber rare) it has to be a dupe???

It's incredible how because of people duping, there is no more trust between fellow PSO players.

So what you guyz (the people who said i got the dupe) are saying is that EVERY rare I get must be untekked or if not is a dupe????

Oh and thanks to the other people who believe me and congratulated me......

May your hunts for rares be succesful

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: unknown2226 on 2003-11-14 17:25 ]</font>

Zalana
Nov 14, 2003, 11:17 PM
I don't believe it. But, then again I'm not saying it was a dupe either. Hell, I have a Agito (1975) legit that I still haven't tekked yet. I found it off of Yellowboze Tollaw. Online with Kayla when I found it. Whenever I'm able to get back online I'll show it if you want.

Don't get me wrong it can happen, but a Gran Sorcerer wouldn't drop that easily IMO.

shadowmaster2552
Nov 14, 2003, 11:20 PM
Why bother w/ Psycho Wand? Sure, it decreases your TP cost, but I already have max money in my bank and wallet, so I'm not worried about spending money for fluids. I would prefer something with lots of MST, like the Summit Moon or something.

joluh
Nov 14, 2003, 11:26 PM
But the Psycho Wand looks soooo coooool, and boosts Hard Techs, just imagine Red Merge + Psycho Wand + FOnewm's Hard Techs Natural Boots + Jellen lvl 28 + Deband lvl 30 = I'M SO INVINCIBLE!!! hehehehe...

NKOTB
Nov 14, 2003, 11:41 PM
I don't think a post like this is the place to call someone a liar. I know the odds are like 250,000:1 but don't call someone a liar just because of that. It is possible for the item to drop and I happen to know that despite killing maybe 1000 myself, it has never dropped, so maybe it dropped for someone else.

If you think he is lying, either stay quiet, or PM and tell him you don't believe him. Don't run him through the mud in open when you have NO EVIDENCE to support your claim that he lied.

Yes, the odds are small. So are the odds of getting hit by lightning and guess what, it happens more than once every day.

Eum
Nov 15, 2003, 12:20 AM

Says the member who submitted a guide for 330 Ult Skyly CCA runs offline and listed drops for Ill Gill.

Jazhara
Nov 15, 2003, 11:00 AM
On 2003-11-14 21:20, Eum wrote:

Says the member who submitted a guide for 330 Ult Skyly CCA runs offline and listed drops for Ill Gill.

You might want to get your facts straight before flaming next time - Zarana posted a Tower report, whoever translated it into the Excavation entry made some mistakes. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Eum
Nov 15, 2003, 12:28 PM
Oh. So I need to get my facts straight because the person in charge of translation made an error. Wasn't flaming, but thank you Howard Cosell.

You're a bright one!

[EDIT] [Hey, read "f00l."]

I forgot to include your smart-ass emoticon for added stupidity support!

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eum on 2003-11-15 09:36 ]</font>

Zarana
Nov 15, 2003, 01:27 PM
On 2003-11-14 21:20, Eum wrote:

Psst, the offline thing is a typo. Go ahead and look at my original post in the Item Excavation Report topic, you'll see nothing about offline mode. Oh my goodness, what a twist. I bet you didn't see that one coming. Right out of left field. Wooooowww! *eyeroll*

And while I'm rolling my eyes at you, as for Ill Gill, if you're implying that he doesn't drop items you must be on some kind of physchadelic new drug. That or you have no idea what you're talking about. Ask anyone who's done extensive Towers for themselves, or better yet use some common sense. You're only proving your own ineptitude with that remark about Ill Gill.

If I wanted to make an unbelievable guide based soley on lies, I would have found a couple J-Swords and a Rika's Claw or two. Stop being so foolish.

Edit: Oh, hmm, it does say CCA for some reason. Oh well, hardly my fault, I said "Tower" when I posted it. If the people who read it can't tell I was doing the Tower and start hunting through the CCA for these items, that's their problem and not mine.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarana on 2003-11-15 10:32 ]</font>

neko-chan
Nov 15, 2003, 01:48 PM
On 2003-11-15 10:27, Zarana wrote:
that's their problem and not mine.

You know what's your problem? You don't know how to behave in public. But don't worry: it takes a little practice.

Exercise #1: lower your tone.

PaleKid15
Nov 15, 2003, 03:21 PM
Stop highjacking the thread for a flame war.

Ok, so don't forget to add unknown2226 to your list of confirmed Vulpes Mundi clones.

I have done 5 runs of Ulti Ruins and already have 3 PD's from Gran Sorcerers. I give up. (Yes, I do realize that 5 runs is nothing, but I won't let the PD trend continue)

Congrats, just don't expect to find any good rares for a while. Your "luck reserves" are probably nuked for a while.

Zarana
Nov 15, 2003, 06:34 PM
On 2003-11-15 10:48, neko-chan wrote:

On 2003-11-15 10:27, Zarana wrote:
that's their problem and not mine.

You know what's your problem? You don't know how to behave in public. But don't worry: it takes a little practice.

Exercise #1: lower your tone.

Haha, this isn't public, it's the internet. I don't care at all about being courteous to random people who try to criticize my hard work, why should I? A harsh outlook, especially on the internet, has nothing whatsoever to do with a person's real-life social skills. If I suddenly started making one-word replies, would you take that as a sign that I'm shy in real life? You'd have to be nuts. Likewise with your current allegations. You have no idea how I behave in real life, where I'm a college junior majoring in theater. All you see of me is the pompous egomaniac I project on these forums. Trying to read any deeper into that is a lost cause, as you have no possible way of knowing the truth.

Yes, I enjoy being rough with people on the internet. Is there anything wrong with that? Why should I sugarcoat my feelings for people who I'll never see or talk to away from this forum? Don't cite common courtesy, please.

In the end, yes, I'm not friendly on the internet. Lah dee dah. I could think of worse things, such as lying about a Psycho Wand and trying to criticize someone's totally accurate guide.

darthsaber9x9
Nov 15, 2003, 06:43 PM
Haha, this isn't public, it's the internet. I don't care at all about being courteous to random people who try to criticize my hard work, why should I? A harsh outlook, especially on the internet, has nothing whatsoever to do with a person's real-life social skills. If I suddenly started making one-word replies, would you take that as a sign that I'm shy in real life? You'd have to be nuts. Likewise with your current allegations. You have no idea how I behave in real life, where I'm a college junior majoring in theater. All you see of me is the pompous egomaniac I project on these forums. Trying to read any deeper into that is a lost cause, as you have no possible way of knowing the truth.

Yes, I enjoy being rough with people on the internet. Is there anything wrong with that? Why should I sugarcoat my feelings for people who I'll never see or talk to away from this forum? Don't cite common courtesy, please.

In the end, yes, I'm not friendly on the internet. Lah dee dah. I could think of worse things, such as lying about a Psycho Wand and trying to criticize someone's totally accurate guide.

i would say being rude is worse than lyign about a p wand.internet or not, its still communication

Nohra
Nov 15, 2003, 06:43 PM
...Yeeeeeeah. And here I thought it was fun that a Pal Rappy dropped out of the sky in front of my RAcast and left me a Guard Wave. Jesus. Someone gets lucky and suddenly everyone thinks "Bullshit."

I was just doing a rare run with Sounomi, and in one room, we had gotten three rares. Granted, none of them were good, but it'd be interesting to see how many of you think "bullshit, he got two Silence Claws and a Gae Bolg on a Bluefull ID in Ult Caves in one room in one beat..." e.e
(Said run resulted in 7 rares, three Silence Claws, two Gae Bolg, a Stag Cutlery (Pofuillies had never given me a rare before today. >.>), and a Vajya. This from C1 to C3 and Da Ral Lie.)

Zarana
Nov 15, 2003, 06:51 PM
That's fine, you're entitled to think that. But as I've just said, I don't care about random people on the internet. Never have, never will. It would be a lie to say I didn't take your opinion with a grain of salt.

Eum
Nov 15, 2003, 07:27 PM
The only things flying out of left field are your ego and bizarre paranoia surrounding implications that don't exist. Bravo.

And you obviously do care about what other people think online. These random people are inspiring you to put time and effort into replying to what/how they feel. Don't be so transparent.

darthsaber9x9
Nov 15, 2003, 07:43 PM
On 2003-11-15 16:27, Eum wrote:
The only things flying out of left field are your ego and bizarre paranoia surrounding implications that don't exist. Bravo.

And you obviously do care about what other people think online. These random people are inspiring you to put time and effort into replying to what/how they feel. Don't be so transparent.

well thats basically what i would have said but with better language http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

and recently zamara, i seem to be following whereever you post and i end up quoting you almost everytime. not deliberate i assure you

unknown2226
Nov 16, 2003, 07:03 PM
Only 100 more MST to go http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif yay

Lord_Sloth
Nov 16, 2003, 07:19 PM
I hate Photon Drops! I have 23 of the things and I can't use them! Yes I do know how to use them but It's online only!

unknown2226
Nov 19, 2003, 08:30 PM
actually I got to use it today and it does drain HP everytime you cast but you don't need mates you only use resta and that counters the HP its drained......

I have to say this weapon is awesome I only carry trifluids now and I barely use them, the techniques boost it gave me was very nice, and now clearing rooms online and offline has become MUCH more faster.....

LordMe
Nov 19, 2003, 08:34 PM
i gotta get me a p.wand