PDA

View Full Version : Time for School

Shattered_weasel
Nov 14, 2003, 09:34 AM
Yep today i skipped school for a nice little nap.. God i feel like $1,000,000,000.

Even if i did only get one extra hour of sleep (7:30 is when school started/6:30 when i need to catch that bus)

so what time you midgets have to/had to go to school.

Kizaragu
Nov 14, 2003, 01:28 PM
I got up at around mid-day as per usual. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
But my carefree lifesytle will change next week, as I start my new Job.
I'm gonna miss those lie ins.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kizaragu on 2003-11-14 10:35 ]</font>

pixelate
Nov 14, 2003, 01:56 PM
Ahahahaha, suckers! I don't have class on Fridays. And guess what my homework is: going to the L.A. Zoo to draw animals.

Bwaaaaaahahahahaha!

Anubis_
Nov 14, 2003, 02:12 PM
The best thing about college is that you can scheduel ur classes to whenever you want..

I hv two class an neither start untill 12:30... lol..

Im always well rested... but still.. im often late for class.... Probably cause i get up and 9 and play pso untill 12:15.. get dressed in ten minutes.. and try to walk from the dorm to class in 5 minutes.. lol..

_Sinue_
Nov 14, 2003, 03:06 PM
Back in High School, I just showed up sometime between 8:00 and 10:30. My teachers knew it wouldn't matter anyhow because I was passing their classes and even if I WAS there, I'd just sleep through them anyhow. (I usually didn't wake up until about Lunch time)

When I went to AIMs, I had to wake up at like 10:00 at night to get ready and go to work. By the time I got home, I could only catch a quick 1 hour nap before having to be back up for school. I took double classes to help finish up faster, so it was from like 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM, sleep for an hour, then go to school from 12:00 to 3:00 PM. Then it was right back to bed for 5 hours so I could be up for work again. (Socializing, Games, Chores, Eating, whatever had to be done in 2 hours a day. 1 hour if I decided to sleep in.)

ABDUR101
Nov 14, 2003, 04:09 PM
I've been out of school for afew years now, and working. Unemployed at the moment *insert Medicare cap spiel here*. The Admin of the company was supposed to come out yesterday and today at 12 for me to do two pages of a contract for outpatient centers, but he never showed both times.

I liked study halls and activities period in school though...always the chance to sleep.

KaFKa
Nov 14, 2003, 04:26 PM
yay for me, i don't have to go to school, i just take my class exams whenever i want, and then do whatever needs to be done to mail in http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif then go to work for about ten hours, then go home, then sleep, or to a rave, whichever seems to be the best decision out of the two. (been sleeping alot lately)

Link00seven
Nov 14, 2003, 05:14 PM
I goto school from 7am to 2:40pm.

Only reason I start so early is because I joined Jazz Band. Kids not in Jazz Band or any other "0 hour" class start at 7:50am.

NKOTB
Nov 14, 2003, 05:34 PM
I love school. I havn't skipped class since like '99.

Work sucks. I am home right now playing Jungle CCA before I have to leave for my night job in about 30 minutes.

I better hurry up and kill that Maricarol!

MasterJoel
Nov 14, 2003, 05:49 PM
right now, i am only taking night classes, monday through thursday. this would be 6-10/11 PM (depending on the class... labs run that extra hour). i WAS taking afternoon classes and schooling on friday (but i'm pretty burned out without a summer or winter break longer than 3 weeks in over a year) so i didn't have to get up early, which was 12:30-4:30/5:30, and the occasional friday morning class to finish my week that much earlier, 7-11/12.

when i was in high school, school started at 7:25 and lasted to 2:13. my school was open campus and we had these amazing things called off hours that allowed us to supposedly study. when i was a senior, my day mostly consisted of these off hours, and i was smart to schedule them during the middle of the day so i could take a 2 hour nap around lunchtime. then, second semester, i put them at the end of the day so i could just go home that much earlier. i was sooo done with that place... the principal had hairplugs.

(looking back at my post, my first paragraph is a li'l confusing... that's ok, i really don't care if its readable or not.)

Delsaber
Nov 14, 2003, 10:44 PM
I am in High School currently. I am a senior and once I graduate I plan on taking a year break from school (might not sound like a good idea to you) then I shall attend a local technical institute and hopefully get a BA in some sort of programming or whatnot..

Rep0
Nov 14, 2003, 11:25 PM
School starts at 7:28

RicoRoyal
Nov 15, 2003, 02:22 AM
On 2003-11-14 19:44, Delsaber wrote:
I am in High School currently. I am a senior and once I graduate I plan on taking a year break from school (might not sound like a good idea to you) then I shall attend a local technical institute and hopefully get a BA in some sort of programming or whatnot..

Your right, that really doesnt sound like a good idea. What do you need the year for? And dont say what all my other friends said like ,"sleep", "job", "rest", "one more year and then I swear I'll try soo hard". Cause when the time comes, you'll wish you hadn't wasted one year of your life. Just my opinion, but get into school ASAP or else you'll seriously start getting used to a very uninspiring type of lifestyle and by the time you do get back to school (if that happens at all, cause ppl with jobs get far too adapted to making money already even if it is just 7 bucks an hour), it will only be 100 times worse than if you had done so a year before. Just trust me...

Oh and about my schedule... college is so badass about scheduling... I got it just the way I want it; Start super early, at 7, which means i wake up at 5, and I leave pretty early or if I dont, I at least have huge gaps between classes....and best of all, no school on tuesdays.

MasterJoel
Nov 15, 2003, 04:41 AM
On 2003-11-14 23:22, RC4 wrote:

On 2003-11-14 19:44, Delsaber wrote:

Your right, that really doesnt sound like a good idea. What do you need the year for? And dont say what all my other friends said like ,"sleep", "job", "rest", "one more year and then I swear I'll try soo hard". Cause when the time comes, you'll wish you hadn't wasted one year of your life. Just my opinion, but get into school ASAP or else you'll seriously start getting used to a very uninspiring type of lifestyle and by the time you do get back to school (if that happens at all, cause ppl with jobs get far too adapted to making money already even if it is just 7 bucks an hour), it will only be 100 times worse than if you had done so a year before. Just trust me...

yeah, that's the problem... my eldest sister decided to take a year break, and its now been something like 7 years since she went back to school. maybe she will, someday...

on the other hand, i read a really compelling essay recently by a classmate who said that she is glad that she waited 6 years after high school to start college, and is happy because she is now responsibe and more adult... she's a better student because of it... the coin has two sides.

Kizaragu
Nov 15, 2003, 08:32 AM
I took a year off after I finished school.
Went to college after the year was finished and screwed up my 2 years there big time.

Now If I want to go back, I'll have to pay around a grand as I'm now over 19. Anyone under that age gets a pretty much free college Education.
Man am I annoyed with myself.
I've got a lot of saving ahead of me.

Droit
Nov 15, 2003, 12:14 PM
Man, no matter how long i'm in school, i'm asleep. I sleep through my whole day. i just wake up for tests and new classes. and i'm passing all of my classes as well. damn it feels good to be a gangsta (meant for those who have seen Office Space)

FeVer
Nov 15, 2003, 02:16 PM
I have to wake up at 6 A.M. Then cstch my bus an hour later... I usually sleep through most of my classes, so... yeah... high-school is terrible...

FluxGryphon
Nov 15, 2003, 02:28 PM
I've had to take time off from college to work up some funds to go and finish. Currently I'm working from 3am-9am stocking and flow work. Today I got up at 2am. In a few hours, I will be going to bed so I can get up at 1am and take a shower before going to work. I am sooooooo glad I'm not working at Costco though...Ubersized packages...ughhh...

MasterJoel
Nov 15, 2003, 03:32 PM
On 2003-11-15 05:32, Kizaragu wrote:

Now If I want to go back, I'll have to pay around a grand as I'm now over 19. Anyone under that age gets a pretty much free college Education.

free college education... bwahahaha! i wish... i started college right after my 18th birthday, and its costing me $36k for an associates, and its going to be $54k if i want a bachellors. free, my ass! and i costs everyone the same. you can't descrininate by age. well, it would be free if i went to canada, but that's a different story entirely...

Rich_T
Nov 15, 2003, 03:51 PM
Ive been out of school for a while now, now working for a wage.
Im surprised how early some schools start, in the UK my old school ( used to and still does) start at 9:15, with the busses picking up from the bus stop at just after 8:00am, and unlike those which are used in north america, there just regular double decker service buses http://www.transportimages.com/albums/Arriva-Kent-Thamesside/096a.thumb.jpg

As for education, after school (16+) i went on to college (16-whenever you want to leave/course ends) then on to an engineering skills training centre, which also involsed going on to a university, then to a college via a work based training system to learn such stuff as industrial hydralic and pnuematic maintenence, material cutting technology ( lathes and stuff) domestic and industrial elctrical systems.
i know work for a small engineering manufacturing comepany, where i look after the ( ancient )machines, stuff like lathes, drills automatic lathes, milling machines and a couple of CNC (Computer Numerical Controled) machines.

StrongBad
Nov 15, 2003, 04:19 PM
My school has the best schedule. School starts at 8:00am and ends at 1:45pm, 3 classes a day, each an hour and a half long. Its a Block-Schedule thing where you have 6 classes altogether but switch off each day between your classes.

Kizaragu
Nov 15, 2003, 04:20 PM
On 2003-11-15 12:32, MasterJoel wrote:

On 2003-11-15 05:32, Kizaragu wrote:

free college education... bwahahaha! i wish... i started college right after my 18th birthday, and its costing me $36k for an associates, and its going to be $54k if i want a bachellors. free, my ass! and i costs everyone the same. you can't descrininate by age. well, it would be free if i went to canada, but that's a different story entirely...

You misunderstood me.
I live in the UK so it's free till you hit 19. That's what I meant.
And are those your college fees?
Holy Crap! I thought a grand was bad enough over here...

Guile
Nov 16, 2003, 05:12 AM
On 2003-11-14 06:34, Shattered_weasel wrote:
Yep today i skipped school for a nice little nap.. God i feel like $1,000,000,000.

Even if i did only get one extra hour of sleep (7:30 is when school started/6:30 when i need to catch that bus)

so what time you midgets have to/had to go to school.

Your such a badass shattered!

Kent
Nov 16, 2003, 08:59 AM
The schools where I live just aren't worth the time it takes to get to them. The teachers don't know what they're doing, almost all of the students are either thieves, idiots, or both, and all the officials and officers are corrupt. Not to mention the classes consist of ramming the exact same things in your face that you learned in 3rd grade (I'm not kidding or exaggerating, they can't teach a damn thing at these schools).

I'm so glad that I went on homeschooling...

SorceressofTime
Nov 17, 2003, 11:14 AM
hahahaha i'm kinda off school at the moment. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif basically finished for the year. got one more year to go though. but now i'm part of the head grade of high school. let the terror begin. >=) (i mean it too)

Anubis_
Nov 18, 2003, 04:39 PM
lol.. skipping school doesnt make you cool.. it just makes you stupid if ur planing to go to college..

having to take remedial classes in college is no fun..

for those of you who dont know.. remedial is a nice word for retarded...

dude3282
Nov 18, 2003, 06:04 PM
My school starts at 8:20, ends at 3:30. Four hour and a half classes, two semesters. Total of eight classes a year.

My school's actually pretty good. The teachers are mostly good. I just wish there was less crap I had to take. I mean, I've got a bunch of it out of the way already, but still, if I want to take Organic Chemistry, AP Psychology or Biology AP, do you really have to make me take another dang english class? I wish I could test out of a bunch of this stuff -- I don't need to take a keyboarding class, I've already passed a college programming class. My test scores are high enough, I'm going to try and get out of taking a bunch of stuff. Right now, I'm a sophomore in High School, and the next time I take the SAT, I'm aiming for a 1400. Last time I took it, I was 12. I made an 1140. That could get me into any public college in this state, and I hadn't even taken Geometry then, I was in Algebra I. School's great, I'm one of the lucky guys going for big scholarship bucks. If only I could get off my lazy butt and bring my Pre-cal grade up to an A or B, instead of a D. Tell me, do you think it's worth taking the high-level courses if you're not going to pay attention and do badly in it? I'm sort of wishing I'd taken the lower-level math now. Or at least regular Pre-cal instead of Honors. Well, enough ranting for now. I've got some math to go put off doing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dude3282 on 2003-11-18 15:05 ]</font>

starhealer
Nov 18, 2003, 08:37 PM
Currently, my Monday and Wednesday schedule consists of me going to bed around 4:00am and waking up at 6:00am so that I can get to my observation school by 8:00am. Then the rest of my day (working and more classes) lingers on until 9:00pm. Tuesdays and Thursdays I've only got one class from 10:50am to 12:05pm and I work after that.

But I have a three day weekend. ^-^x

Next semester looks to be 8:00am wake up calls Monday through Friday...

Suppa_Buddha
Nov 18, 2003, 09:47 PM
I am one that still goes to school, I don't like it but oh well I'll make it. Anyways I get up.. err suppose to get up at 6:50 then school starts at 7:55 and ends at 2:50. Fun fun. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

_Ted_
Nov 18, 2003, 11:06 PM
On 2003-11-15 11:16, FeVer wrote:
I have to wake up at 6 A.M. Then cstch my bus an hour later... I usually sleep through most of my classes, so... yeah... high-school is terrible...

Enjoy while it lasts, things only get harder in life. You go to college next, then you work for the rest of your life, and then you die. The big picture is depressing...

On 2003-11-16 05:59, Kent wrote:
The schools where I live just aren't worth the time it takes to get to them. The teachers don't know what they're doing, almost all of the students are either thieves, idiots, or both, and all the officials and officers are corrupt. Not to mention the classes consist of ramming the exact same things in your face that you learned in 3rd grade (I'm not kidding or exaggerating, they can't teach a damn thing at these schools).

I'm so glad that I went on homeschooling...

Where the heck do you live? Under some sort of corrupt evil godless communist ruler?