PDA

View Full Version : Router problems....

polishedweasel
Nov 14, 2003, 11:18 PM
OK, so this router that my friend got, seems to not be working right. I'm not even sure if this is a router, more like a hub. But anyway, the lights that go from the modem and the computer all light up. But the lights for the GC BBA don't all light. Just the light that says Link/act works.

here's a crappy diagram....

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
L | _ | L | _ | _ | 100M
L | _ | L | _ | L | Link/Act
L | _ | L | _ | _ | Fdx/COLL

L= light
5 is the BBA.
so pretty much it's acting like the the gamecube doesn't exist...who knows? Anyone help here...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: polishedweasel on 2003-11-14 20:19 ]</font>

Rich_T
Nov 15, 2003, 05:36 AM
cant offer too much help, except to say that is our router set up with the right services?
When i fiorst got a router everything worked fine, until i messed around with it, and changed the settings, these are the only settings i can get PSO on the gamecube to work with:

Region - UK

Provider - All

Service Name - Dynamic Address

Service Description - PPPoA, UK Settings, NAPT, DHCP, DNS

As far as i know, in the US PPPoE is used instead of PPPoA, but the criticle thing is NAPT, DHCP and DNS if i turn any of these of the gamecube cant conect to PSO

polishedweasel
Nov 15, 2003, 04:05 PM
So how would I set up the router to work with the gamecube then?

Dhylec
Nov 16, 2003, 04:17 PM
my gc is hooked up to my router just like all my pcs do - 1 end from nic other router.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
can u see gc bba in ur router?
have u accessed sega page from pso web?

polishedweasel
Nov 17, 2003, 10:42 PM
Forget it....I gave my friend back his crappy stolen router. I know how to use a router just fine, this one just wasn't taking the signal from the modem to the gamecube. No big....