PDA

View Full Version : no ship select with bba

Devin
Nov 15, 2003, 12:39 AM
Ok, I got dsl the other day, and when I try to connect to pso, everything works up until where it normally would show the ship select screen... The ship select never pops up like it normally does =/ It shows the minhiro screen like normal, but after you press A, nothing will ever happen.. I searched the forums and found a few other posts about this, but none of them seemed to have an answer to the problem.

*edit* oh yea, I almost forgot, I got bellsouth dsl ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Devin on 2003-11-14 21:40 ]</font>

Rich_T
Nov 15, 2003, 05:29 AM
How have you got it all set up?
how does your P.C conect to your isp?
what type pf DSL modeom does it have? USB? single port router? 4 port router? combined modem/router?
are you using internet coecntion sharing? what type of ethernet cab;e is being used to conect your BBA to your internet gateway - Patch/Straight or Crossover?

Devin
Nov 15, 2003, 02:22 PM
k, I got a external dsl modem that has a usb and an ethernet port on it. I unhooked it from my pc and hooked it strait to my gamecube just to try it out with pso. So, it's not connected to my pc at all when I try pso. No internet connection sharing or anything obviously since I'm not sharing it with anything for right now ^_^ And the cable is a strait cable, not crossover. No router etc, it's strait from the modem to the gamecube.

Rich_T
Nov 15, 2003, 03:28 PM
It sounds a bit like youve got a single port modem/router as to the problems, theres two things that i can think of:

Its conected to your P.C using a USB cable, and not the etherenet, therefore the ethernet out isnt proerly configured.

It ( the modem) still thinks its hooked up to your P.C, when its conected to your gamecube.
Switch off the power to the modem/router, plug your gamecube in and power up the modem/router, let it establish a conection and then try going online on your gamecube.

make sure that your modem/router is configured to allow DHCP/DNS/DHCP it shoud assign your gamecube and your P.C an IP address automaticly
and your gameube set with everything on automatic (auto obtain IP etc)

If that still doesnt work, you might be better buying a multi port DSL modem/router, however as a tempory fix, you can always use internet conection sharing.

Devin
Nov 18, 2003, 09:44 PM
yes, the modem is connected to my computer with usb. How would I configure the ethernet out?

Rich_T
Nov 19, 2003, 01:49 PM
it sounds like your modem isnt properly configured to allow access via ethernet.
to use the USB conection you need Internet conection sharing
you need the folowing

a spare ethernet conection on your p.c, this is a socket that looks the same as the one on your gamecube BBA

A crossover ethernet cable, it (internet conection sharing)wont work at all with just a patch/straight lead

A P.C with windows98se and up, alhtough its easier to set up in windows XP

heres how with windows XP;
Start > my netwrok places -> right click on local area conection, then somewhere in there ( properties/advanced?) is a tick box for allow other users to conect to the internet through this computers conection

or you can do it through set up a small or home office network on the menu on the left hand side of my network places , select " this computer conects to the internet, the other computers on the network connect to the internet through this computer"
it will then show your network card, tick that if you can, then it will say ignore unconected hardware, tick that as well.
when asked to create a set up disk, select no.
when all is done you should get a symbol next to the clock, like the one you get when your online on dail up ( or normal online if your modem uses dial up networking)

conect your gamecube, with a crossover cable, leave all the settting at default in the network set up file and then when this si done, you should get a message saying "local area conection conected on your P.C" your gamecube should now be able to go online if
Your P.C is conected to the internet.

Devin
Nov 19, 2003, 02:31 PM
Erm, the modem has ethernet out on it. I have it hooked to the pc with usb because it doesn't have a network card yet. And the gamecube will get online.. so it should work..but wont..

Rich_T
Nov 19, 2003, 03:39 PM
If you can back up your current modem settings, have a play around and see what happens, look at DHCP/DNS and other such stuff.

Devin
Nov 19, 2003, 05:19 PM
I've done it, still nothing =( I really appreciate you helping me so far. I might just have to set up internet connection sharing, but I gotta fix my computer first =P I could use my dad's computer, but he never leaves his computer on..

Rich_T
Nov 19, 2003, 05:35 PM
I used ICS as a tempory fix, it let me go online, and although it wasnt ideal, it was good enough until i got hold of a combined 4 port modem/router.