PDA

View Full Version : Im in dire need of help!!

FurionStormrage
Nov 16, 2003, 02:42 AM
ok, ive never messed with my computers broadband stuff before, my brother and his friend had it all setup.. i just got my BBA, i have a SMC EZ Connect USB Fast Ethernet Adapter 2202USB/ETH, a USB connector, an RJ45 connector and a phone wire, my BBA is all plugged in.. ive manually set all my ip/dns/dhcp stuff, and i have another provider with all automatic stuff on, Could anyone tell me exactly how to use what i have, to get it working?!?! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive looked in the instruction booklets, and on the nintendo website, this is my 2nd to last option.. my last option would be to get my friend over here, and we spend many hours getting mad at it. Please.. someone help me! you can either reply to this post or email me at [email protected] please please please help me someone!!

Rich_T
Nov 16, 2003, 08:13 AM
is the ethernet adaptor a USB-ehternet out?
if so then you need to use internet conection sharing via your p.c, set up ICS on your p.c, the ethernet/USB device should appear or should be made to appear under de vices somewhere in the set up of ICS, then conect it you your gamecubes BBA using a CROSSOVER adaptor set everything on your gamecube BBA to auto, get your p.c online and it should work.
the usb-ethernet adaptor in effect turns a USB port omn your p.c to a netwrork card.

FurionStormrage
Nov 16, 2003, 05:34 PM
my adapter, just allows me to connect my RJ45 connector to it, then a usb cord on the other side of it.. and the usb cord goes into my computer, while my RJ45 connects into the modem.

to make it easier.. for me to show you what i have,
go here:
http://www.reverb.com.au/tgould/smc.html
i have that adapter, an rj45 connector, and a cord so i can plug it into a usb port.. could you like.. show me how to connect it using arrows or something??

NodMan
Nov 17, 2003, 02:33 AM
On 2003-11-16 14:34, FurionStormrage wrote:
my adapter, just allows me to connect my RJ45 connector to it, then a usb cord on the other side of it.. and the usb cord goes into my computer, while my RJ45 connects into the modem.

go here:
i have that adapter, an rj45 connector, and a cord so i can plug it into a usb port.. could you like.. show me how to connect it using arrows or something??

Tried to help and got corrupted this guy's problem is a doozy.

NodMan
Nov 17, 2003, 02:33 AM
On 2003-11-16 14:34, FurionStormrage wrote:

go here:

Tried to help and got corrupted this guy's problem is a doozy.

Rich_T
Nov 17, 2003, 01:42 PM
It looks like that SMC device, isnt a modem, or a router, its no more than a USB network interface card, or USB-Ethernet adaptor
-> plug the adaptor into your p.c as usual
-> conect it to your gamecube using a crossover rj45 cable it must be a crossover cable
-> set up internet conection sharing on your p.c

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rich_T on 2003-11-17 10:45 ]</font>

FurionStormrage
Nov 17, 2003, 11:11 PM
ahh.. so id hook my cable modem to my comp.. through the ethernet adapter.. then get a crossover rj45 from my bba to my computer?

VioletSkye
Nov 17, 2003, 11:29 PM
On 2003-11-17 20:11, FurionStormrage wrote:
ahh.. so id hook my cable modem to my comp.. through the ethernet adapter.. then get a crossover rj45 from my bba to my computer?

exactly http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

FurionStormrage
Nov 18, 2003, 04:47 PM
damn, i knew it! lol.. now i gotta go out an have my mom buy me a rj45 crossover cable.. heh, for some reason.. i couldnt put it all together! thanks!

Rich_T
Nov 18, 2003, 06:06 PM
damn, i knew it! lol.. now i gotta go out an have my mom buy me a rj45 crossover cable..
you mean your going to ask your mum to buy you a crossover cable, then your going to pay her back, or your going to wati until the weekend, when you cna buy one yourself?

FurionStormrage
Nov 18, 2003, 08:37 PM
you mean your going to ask your mum to buy you a crossover cable, then your going to pay her back, or your going to wati until the weekend, when you cna buy one yourself?

dude, im only 16, i dont have a job, or a car.. unless you count school as a job. Not to mention my mom owes me like $250 in allowance.. from the past two years! and my mom would rather buy this cable for me.. then have me doing anything i can for the money. hell, my mom is HAPPY to buy the cord for me!

NodMan
Nov 22, 2003, 12:42 AM
On 2003-11-18 17:37, FurionStormrage wrote:

dude, im only 16, i dont have a job, or a car.. unless you count school as a job. Not to mention my mom owes me like $250 in allowance.. from the past two years! and my mom would rather buy this cable for me.. then have me doing anything i can for the money. hell, my mom is HAPPY to buy the cord for me!

Not to mention he is a "Filter" for all the smoking that goes on in his house.
P.S. God is in the TV