PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way possible to play PSO on LAN?

FunkyMcGunk
Nov 16, 2003, 10:32 PM
My roommate and I both have PSO, GCs and BBAs. We have two tvs and want to play PSO on two different TV's instead of having the crap split screen. I just wanted to know if there were any programs that simulated segas servers or just any trick to make it so that we can play on two seperate TV's at the same time in the same game without having to sign up anmd pay for Hunters Liscenses again. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

All I found thus far even close to what I'm looking for is this http://www.warppipe.com/ but, it's not what I want.

KaFKa
Nov 16, 2003, 11:25 PM
...just go online and make a locked game. any type of LAN service that you could find would be either illegal or unreliable. so no, no LAN for you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

soulja2244
Nov 16, 2003, 11:39 PM
The only way you'd do that is host your own server. It's possible, but very few people have access to the software. I heard baru was gonna release it, but I'm really not too much into the pso scene lately so who knows?

rena-ko
Nov 17, 2003, 06:52 AM
technically its possible, depends on emulation and if you have access to any code needed.

i wouldnt waste my breath on it unless youre some sort of computer crack with too much time at hand. sega's service might cost but its not only widespread but also easy to work with and quite stable.

FunkyMcGunk
Nov 17, 2003, 03:39 PM
I see. I'm not a hacker or anything, I just thought maybe there was a piece of hardware or a special program I could get that would allow that. It's not that far fetched when you see other games like Mario Kart being played simultaneously on seperate TVs. Thanks for the info. I guess I'll continue not playing. Which isn't bad, so don't go crazy.
Thanks again.

Raziel_Kai
Nov 18, 2003, 08:01 AM
It would be very neat I tell you.
A friend of mine just recently got his GC copy of PSO and he had asked me this question the other day.

But no, sadly you can't unless you or someone you know has the necessary software and hardware to put up a special server for the GCs.

rena-ko
Nov 18, 2003, 08:33 AM
On 2003-11-17 12:39, FunkyMcGunk wrote:
I see. I'm not a hacker or anything, I just thought maybe there was a piece of hardware or a special program I could get that would allow that. It's not that far fetched when you see other games like Mario Kart being played simultaneously on seperate TVs. Thanks for the info. I guess I'll continue not playing. Which isn't bad, so don't go crazy.
Thanks again.

well, it works with games like halo or mario kart because those games have a LAN option. Lan is - with an external server and some fiddling - easily extended to the internet.
PSO on the other hand is using its own DNS- and game-servers by default, so you have either to emulate the PSO-network for the game or you crack the DNS-server adress the game i dialing up to and replace it with your home-server. you then need all the scripts on those servers to emulate the 'real' online situation for the game.

ask barubary. he/she/it did that for the DC version.

polishedweasel
Nov 19, 2003, 05:32 PM
There is a program that does this for you...but I think it's only available for use on one GC. I had it but you need your own DNS blahdiblah to get it to work right. That's all I know.

BogusKun
Nov 19, 2003, 08:39 PM
On 2003-11-16 20:39, soulja2244 wrote:
The only way you'd do that is host your own server. It's possible, but very few people have access to the software. I heard baru was gonna release it, but I'm really not too much into the pso scene lately so who knows?

Actually his so called "Japanese Pal" that somewhat F'ed him over is going to rerelease it. So that it isn't similar to Nugz' dumb server.

But the only LAN/BBA game I know is MARIO KART DOUBLE DASH! WOOOOHOOOO THIS GAME RULES BABY YEAH!

Prototype04
Nov 27, 2003, 01:09 AM
what is that program you are speaking about?if i understood well it's a program that emulates the severs of sega on you'r computer?them you only have to connect the gamecubes to that server and you have like a ''fake''lan thing? so if i had 2 t.v. and 2 game cube and a computer that runs that program and linked the cubes to that computer i could play like in a sort of lan?lol i wish i was better with all that tech stuff lol

trunkszero
Nov 27, 2003, 03:03 AM
hmmm interesting, whens this program gonna be released and i have questins about all this

VioletSkye
Nov 27, 2003, 01:45 PM
On 2003-11-18 05:33, rena-ko wrote:

On 2003-11-17 12:39, FunkyMcGunk wrote:
Thanks again.

well, it works with games like halo or mario kart because those games have a LAN option. Lan is - with an external server and some fiddling - easily extended to the internet.
PSO on the other hand is using its own DNS- and game-servers by default, so you have either to emulate the PSO-network for the game or you crack the DNS-server adress the game i dialing up to and replace it with your home-server. you then need all the scripts on those servers to emulate the 'real' online situation for the game.

ask barubary. he/she/it did that for the DC version.

LOL the PSO server info is widely available. Any DNS server program can be used to "fake" a sega server. It won't let you actually play however, its used mainly for running homebrew apps and for loading GC iso's. If you want to actually play on your own server, it will require alot more work. You'll need a program to handle all the incoming and outgoing packets for one.

Kasumi19
Dec 3, 2003, 03:33 AM
This may be a little off of what this post is actually asking for, but there is a possibly it could help.

I am an Xbox PSO player and I have hooked up four XBoxes up and gone online with all four and made it sorta into a Lan party. I use a linksys wireless G router, open up the necessary ports, and assigned each xbox an IP address on the router. If you both have valid hunter's licenses and a router this could be an option for you rather than attempting to create your own server.

Note: I have tried to do this on my brother in law's netgear router and it does not work.