PDA

View Full Version : pso Patch???

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Nov 16, 2003, 11:32 PM
i was wonder.. i've never played PSO online. and i only have the gamefor the gamecube. i was curious.. to know if i signed on to the server for pso.. would it install like a patch onto my system.. and would it make it like lower my chance to find certian items and increase my chance to find items.. like.. or does it do nothing.. cause i dident want to sign on and lose my chances of find a flow gene.. or.. lower my chances to find a sealed-j sword

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MaNiLaZFyNeSt on 2003-11-16 20:53 ]</font>

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Nov 17, 2003, 12:21 AM
Just a simple Yes. For.. Yes it does install a patch increasing and lowering you chances to find things.. or a No. like No it doesnt do anything like that

AquaFlare7
Nov 17, 2003, 12:28 AM
no, there is not any patch that would alter your offline percentages at all.

Superguppie
Nov 17, 2003, 04:31 AM
On GC there is no way to make patches (no hard-disk, and if it were on memory card, all you would have to do is erase the patch)
The drop rates may differ for your online runs, but this will not influence your offline runs
And on the DNA I heard the following: you will NEVER find that offline. The drop rates for both DF and OF (which are programmed to drop it) are set to 0 for all IDs, so no drop. ST may someday set the drop rate to a higher value for some online stuff (a quest maybe) but that hasn't happened yet. Also, there is talk they may never do so, as the hacked one is already too common. (thanx to the hackers for ruining the game for me)

rena-ko
Nov 17, 2003, 06:24 AM
no you wouldnt, if its a patch being implemented into your guildcard file or anywhere else.

but no, there is no patch since not even the download feature seems to work.

concerning drops, sure they could ban certain items from dropping, its all server side in the end (like holiday rappies) but why should they actually do that?

have fun

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-11-17 03:25 ]</font>

Buuyon
Nov 17, 2003, 08:17 AM
hey funny thing...pso xbox can have patches...but doesnt...

rena-ko
Nov 17, 2003, 09:20 AM
psox actually got a patch. fixing the shop dupe bug? this is, if i recall that right.

EPYNON
Nov 17, 2003, 10:45 AM
yea they did get a patch for the shop dupe

Krank40oz
Nov 17, 2003, 09:04 PM
Maybe a patch for the xbox, if they do ever do that with the hard drive i might have to look into goin over to the xbox version, since with the hd u can add new weapson and armor witout making a new game but nothing for the gc!