PDA

View Full Version : Broadband questions

Redfire
Nov 17, 2003, 09:12 PM
I have a broadband adapter and I try to conect but my gc requires a server HDSL or something, I try to leave in blank all spaces to search automatically but says: "No network, unable to connect or no HDSL server"

What I have to do? Somebody know?

Thanks for your help http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

VioletSkye
Nov 17, 2003, 10:06 PM
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)an Internet protocol for automating the configuration of computers that use TCP/IP. DHCP can be used to automatically assign IP addresses, to deliver TCP/IP stack configuration parameters such as the subnet mask and default router, and to provide other configuration information such as the addresses for printer, time and news servers.

In order for any of that to happen, sometimes your BBA's MAC address needs to be added. Try calling your ISP and asking them to add the BBA Mac address. That should allow the DHCP to generate an IP for you. What might possiby be happening is that your ISP's DHCP server isn't recognizing your GC's MA.

Also give some info on what type of setup you are running.

1. Router?
2. Hub?
3. ICS?

What type of broadband and who is the ISP?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-11-17 19:19 ]</font>