PDA

View Full Version : GC: Sonic Team fixes 3 year old bug

Barubary6
Nov 18, 2003, 04:31 AM
Sonic Team finally fixed a 3 year old bug in their server software - when you create a team, you are now (correctly) assigned the red gem! This bug has been there since Dreamcast version 1!

In other news, the "production" servers also support Episode 3 now. I'm already joining lobby 16 in Episode 2 for fun =^-^= (kitty face!!)

-- Barubary

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Barubary6 on 2003-11-18 02:36 ]</font>

-STE-
Nov 18, 2003, 04:41 AM
lol : D
Maybe when noone play more thay fix others bugs : P

Superguppie
Nov 18, 2003, 05:20 AM
On 2003-11-18 01:31, Barubary6 wrote:
Sonic Team finally fixed a 3 year old bug in their server software - when you join a team, you are now (correctly) assigned the red gem! This bug has been there since Dreamcast version 1!

-- Barubary

It's good to hear bugs are being fixed. But uhm, what exactly was this bug?

Barubary6
Nov 18, 2003, 05:35 AM

Before this change, when you created a team, you were assigned the green gem. That is actually a bug in the server that they *finally* fixed.

-- Barubary

bordering
Nov 18, 2003, 05:40 AM
gah! really? i'm used to being green if i make a team though! heh, that's an odd thing for them to fix, seems almost pointless to put any effort into rectifying so trivial an error.

sooooooo... did they remove the double save as well? i betcha they didn't... JERKS.

-STE-
Nov 18, 2003, 07:15 AM
So you can see episode III lobby wthout have episode III game?
lobby are stored on server ?

PrinceBrightstar
Nov 18, 2003, 07:20 AM
Joining it for fun through your usual means of hacking into things? or can anyone access the new lobbys?

tank1
Nov 18, 2003, 08:07 AM
well ateleast sega is actually doing some work even if the bg was totally pathetic and anyway i like green better lol.

Da_Jue
Nov 18, 2003, 08:16 AM
sincerely, I've never take care to watch the color of the gem w XD, this is a surprise because only toady I know this bug aw ^ ^

Buuyon
Nov 18, 2003, 08:22 AM
heh that exsplains why you aere red in the lobby....and no you cant see ep3 lobbys cuz they are not on the game...they are only in ep 3...
edit:i just noticed what baru was saying about tjhe servers...heh what do you mean by that baru?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Buuyon on 2003-11-18 05:24 ]</font>

Superguppie
Nov 18, 2003, 11:00 AM
On 2003-11-18 02:35, Barubary6 wrote:

Before this change, when you created a team, you were assigned the green gem. That is actually a bug in the server that they *finally* fixed.

-- Barubary

ah, so that difference between offline and online was a bug. I always wondered...

On 2003-11-18 02:40, bordering wrote:
sooooooo... did they remove the double save as well? i betcha they didn't... JERKS.

Hm, guess the heard that. Look at the frontpage. They DID fix it!!!!

rena-ko
Nov 18, 2003, 01:27 PM
Question! *stands up raising arm high in the sky*

Does this mean youre now not second player in the team but first, when starting a game?

Would this mean, Forces should now create games in cmode instead of joining second?

If then this is a fix to the worse.

Barubary6
Nov 18, 2003, 01:29 PM
On 2003-11-18 10:27, rena-ko wrote:
Does this mean youre now not second player in the team but first, when starting a game?

Would this mean, Forces should now create games in cmode instead of joining second?

If then this is a fix to the worse.

Yes, it means you're the first player. Why is Challenge Mode affected by this at all?

-- Barubary

rena-ko
Nov 18, 2003, 01:31 PM
On 2003-11-18 10:29, Barubary6 wrote:
Yes, it means you're the first player. Why is Challenge Mode affected by this at all?

-- Barubary

because in the area, first player spawns first. so the force (entering the game as second person) spawns first, can shifta everyone before theyre about to run -> common way to save a few seconds.

thanks for answering that quickly ^-^

i'll keep that in mind then.

edit: mh. its astonishing how they suddenly get all active... maybe they finally found the blank bones of the guy that was doing the job before...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-11-18 10:40 ]</font>

Barubary6
Nov 18, 2003, 01:57 PM
On 2003-11-18 10:31, rena-ko wrote:
edit: mh. its astonishing how they suddenly get all active... maybe they finally found the blank bones of the guy that was doing the job before...

Not really. These changes appear to be directly related to Episode 3.

-- Barubary

ilr2000
Nov 18, 2003, 02:04 PM
Question--

So like.. my gem will be red now instead of green?

*crickets chirp*

Wow... I mean.. thank the lord they jumped on that one... who KNOWS what chaos would spread if that tyrant of a bug was allowed to rampage across the servers.

Unless this fix adds some stability in some way, I'm really confused why anyone cares what color gems they are...

heyf00L
Nov 18, 2003, 02:09 PM
That's a weird bug. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. But I s'pose this bug affected Eppy III in some way so they finally fixed it.

polishedweasel
Nov 18, 2003, 04:11 PM
Doesn't this affect Battle mode teams? I mean when you have 4 people, the gem color picks the teams....but I don't know which goes to which team.

Getintothegame
Nov 20, 2003, 12:52 AM
So, now, you'll actually be the first dot in the quest screen?

Superguppie
Nov 20, 2003, 04:12 AM
One effect I have noticed is in TTF. The Red gem gets to play the Dragon. This used to be the second to enter the team. Now it's the team leader...

rena-ko
Nov 20, 2003, 10:21 AM
time to work on the guides ^-^;

Link00seven
Nov 20, 2003, 03:45 PM
It's interesting that the gems were fixed, but I got so used to Green Gem being first player online, it's going to take me awhile to get used to it.

Calibur
Nov 20, 2003, 04:05 PM
yes thats right now the first player in TTF is the dragon...

JDA
Nov 20, 2003, 09:36 PM
And as I pointed out in the Rappy's Holiday thread, it's now the SECOND (green) player who gets the jukebox in Gallon's Treachery - evidently whoever programmed the quest already knew about the bug and worked around it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif