PDA

View Full Version : ST Finally fixed it! for ONCE they listend to peoples cry fo

Lede
Nov 18, 2003, 05:50 AM
Well if you have not guessed it here it is.....

ST finnaly fixed that DBL SAVE BS! its now gone when you join a game it saves only once not twice this greatly reduces the risk of curruption some peoples minds can be at ease now. but sadly it can not undo the atrocious damage it has already caused...

bordering
Nov 18, 2003, 05:54 AM
::shifty glance::

are you being sarcastic? if not, then that RULES! god, if they actually did get rid of it, it took them damn well long enough.

Lede
Nov 18, 2003, 05:56 AM
Go see for your self i had to join a game twice just to make sure i wasnt seeing things.

BonusKun
Nov 18, 2003, 06:53 AM
Yeah I just saw this myself. the 2nd Save function is gone.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BonusKun on 2003-11-18 09:25 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Nov 18, 2003, 07:12 AM
Its almost as if Sonic Team read this thread right before the update happened.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=69978&forum=1&1

Buuyon
Nov 18, 2003, 08:08 AM
still to many people left because of corruption...maybe they will return....

Mystil
Nov 18, 2003, 09:18 AM
Hmnm, they must've been trying this for awhile. Cause there were a few times I'd join a game, it'd save once, or the second save wuill not show up until like a few more seconds later than usual.

Great job though! They managed to remove it without crashing the servers. ^_^

Jason
Nov 18, 2003, 09:34 AM
I just have to say that's great! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ElizaBluefull
Nov 18, 2003, 10:28 AM
I mourn those lost due to FSOD-X, but it brings tears of joy to my eyes that the 2x save patch is gone! When the offliners like me finally get on, I guess there will be little fear of corruption. It is a very good day indeed. I do hope those lost to FSOD-X will return someday...

anwserman
Nov 18, 2003, 10:45 AM
.... yes, it is quite cool that the double save feature is gone for PSO-GC. Too bad you guys lost those players who were scared off from the double-save... the amount scared off is probably more then how many people play PSO-X in the US... egad.

But anyway, congrats! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Now you won't have to worry about losing your high level character.. as much now. Or something. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

*whips out the vodka and starts chugging*

rena-ko
Nov 18, 2003, 10:47 AM
at least they dont completely ignore the obvious. brings back some hope.

heyf00L
Nov 18, 2003, 10:47 AM
I survived FSOD-X 2 times, but I did corrupt once for an unknown reason so I know what it's like.

Shop duping is faster than lag duping anyway.

Superguppie
Nov 18, 2003, 10:52 AM
happy happy joy joy
happy happy joy joy

And let NOONE ever again say ST doesn't care!

jello44
Nov 18, 2003, 11:05 AM
wow. Almost makes me want to go buy a broadband adapter now, almost.

Mystil
Nov 18, 2003, 11:55 AM
On 2003-11-18 02:54, bordering wrote:
::shifty glance::

are you being sarcastic? if not, then that RULES! god, if they actually did get rid of it, it took them damn well long enough.

Yea I know this is really good news for you. Now hopefully all your worries of having all your new characters fall to the same tragedy as your previous ones will be gone.

I can be at ease to. I've never been corrupted on the GC, but I have on DC. It's not something I'm willing to go through again. This makes me wanna play more now.

KaFKa
Nov 18, 2003, 11:57 AM
...no more double save?
THANK ALL THAT IS HOLY ST FINALLY DID SOMETHING!!!!!!

now i don't have to back up my characters as often http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zarana
Nov 18, 2003, 12:00 PM
So much for a certain someone's theory that removing the double save would "crash all of the servers at once."

BonusKun
Nov 18, 2003, 12:27 PM
On 2003-11-18 09:00, Zarana wrote:
So much for a certain someone's theory that removing the double save would "crash all of the servers at once."

No it still would have crashed the server or more or less FSOD everyone in the game.

Sonic Team removing the double save finally means that the patching program which was messed up since december by my guess is finally fixed. With the coming of EPS I & II Plus along with EPS II C-mode, Sonic Team probably got a clue that they should get off their asses and try to make the game as less buggy as possible.

Shame it only took them almost a year to fix it.

Who knows? Maybe they will patch the online shop dupe so people won't being doing online Multi-Equip anymore.

Also I hadn't confirmed it yet but, it seems another glitch on top of the double save was repaired.

Sonic Team seems to have also fixed the glitch where when you create a team your gem is green, its now red as it should be.

~S N K

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BonusKun on 2003-11-18 09:43 ]</font>

Zarana
Nov 18, 2003, 12:43 PM
There's no such thing as "would have," SNK. It didn't happen, so theoretically there's no chance that it ever could have. Furthermore, I seem to recall hearing from this same certain someone that the patching system was broken beyond repair. I guess not.

I suppose it doesn't matter if they fix the shop glitch, though. People these days are too lazy to multi-equip anyway, and fixing duping would be kind of pointless as they just re-enabled the old method. Plus, a fix wouldn't stop it offline, thusly not decreasing the number of dupers at all, so why bother? It would be nice to see multi-equip gone, but if they fixed the color of a player's icon instead of just implementing the shop fix they've already put on X-Box, I think it's clear where Sonic Team's priorities lie.

Caecilius
Nov 18, 2003, 12:57 PM
HELL YEAH!!!!

No more stagnant lv113 RAcaseal on my unused memcard!

rena-ko
Nov 18, 2003, 01:08 PM
hm... multiequip? i dunno. its clearly visible, thus you may leave if you stumble over someone using it. as well as stated above, its not that used these days as it was shortly after it got widespread...

BonusKun
Nov 18, 2003, 01:09 PM
On 2003-11-18 09:43, Zarana wrote:
There's no such thing as "would have," SNK. It didn't happen, so theoretically there's no chance that it ever could have. Furthermore, I seem to recall hearing from this same certain someone that the patching system was broken beyond repair. I guess not.

Yes it did happen.

Haven't you ever heard of Test Servers? Any patches that Sonic Team would have tried to implement would be done on a test server to make sure that when they uploaded the patch, it wouldn't damage the main servers.

This is just basic online server knowledge 101.

They tried to patch the shop dupe online a long time ago and they couldn't patch it without FSODing every single player on the main server.

So pretty much Sonic Team just left it alone all this time. I'm actually shocked they fnally got back to working on it because I hate to seriously think it took them all this time to fix it.

No it wasn't broken beyond repair. It was broken to the point that it would take someone with some serious programming knowledge to reverse engineer the problem.

Sonic Team finally had got someone to do it and I for one am glad they actually cared to fix the damage finally

I suppose it doesn't matter if they fix the shop glitch, though. People these days are too lazy to multi-equip anyway, and fixing duping would be kind of pointless as they just re-enabled the old method. Plus, a fix wouldn't stop it offline, thusly not decreasing the number of dupers at all, so why bother?

heh I wish that were true but Anthony does it all the time when he plays online alone. Some people still get off on multi-equipping more than you realize.

It would be nice to see multi-equip gone, but if they fixed the color of a player's icon instead of just implementing the shop fix they've already put on X-Box, I think it's clear where Sonic Team's priorities lie.

That's the thing you're missing tho Cel, The shop dupe on X-Box was easy to fix on and offline because of the X-Box's hardrive system.

All Sonic Team had to do was just force players to download a content upgrade patch to take care of the shop dupe totally on the system.

The Gamecube sadly isn't as easy to deal with since there isn't a big enough medium larger than a memory card to patch the shop dupe on that version.

~S N K

rena-ko
Nov 18, 2003, 01:16 PM
anyone knows whats the filesize of said x-box-patch?

Barubary6
Nov 18, 2003, 01:18 PM
The patch mechanism hasn't been fixed. These changes to the server are not done with the patch mechanism.

When you create or join a team, the server sends a list of people in the team, including you, and each user's ID number. For whatever reason, the server always sent ID 1 for the creator of a new team instead of 0. They simply fixed this bug in the server - it was never a client bug.

Double save was implemented by tricking the client into repeating the logon process that causes a save. No patching was needed to make the double save, and no patching was needed to turn it off.

Sonic Team can fix as many server bugs as they like easily. But they can't fix client bugs, like shop dupe, unless they do a very good job of reverse engineering their own game.

-- Barubary

Mystil
Nov 18, 2003, 01:21 PM
Oh Lord nevermind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-11-18 10:23 ]</font>

BonusKun
Nov 18, 2003, 01:27 PM
On 2003-11-18 10:18, Barubary6 wrote:
The patch mechanism hasn't been fixed. These changes to the server are not done with the patch mechanism.

So it still is borken then. Do you think Sonic Team would be able to or care to be able to fix the damage?

When you create or join a team, the server sends a list of people in the team, including you, and each user's ID number. For whatever reason, the server always sent ID 1 for the creator of a new team instead of 0. They simply fixed this bug in the server - it was never a client bug.

Allright I guess that makes perfect sense then. I had wondered about this a long time ago but had forgotten it. The thing is I wonder what took them so long to repair these minor bugs.

Double save was implemented by tricking the client into repeating the logon process that causes a save. No patching was needed to make the double save, and no patching was needed to turn it off.

If that's the case then that means Sonic Team either finally got clued in about Shop duping or they just realized that the 2nd save served no more purpose other than to do possible character corruptions.

Sonic Team can fix as many server bugs as they like easily. But they can't fix client bugs, like shop dupe, unless they do a very good job of reverse engineering their own game.

-- Barubary

Hmm So the patching software is still screwed up then. I had thought the double-save was actually part of the patching program itself but I was wrong I guess.

More or less I wonder if the EPS I & II Plus disc will have these things repaired. Shop dupe among others I bet will be fixed.

Oh yeah I found out on a side note as far as patches go. In V 1.1 it seems that untekked weapons like a Lavis Cannon where you can do the special of the weapon even untekked does not work on Version 1.1.

~ S N K

Barubary6
Nov 18, 2003, 01:27 PM
What Sonic Team has done is actually just set up the Episode 3 servers as the Episode 2 servers. The Episode 3 server is the latest version of the server program.

I believe that the changes they've made are much more to do with Episode 3 than any kind of customer service. The initial ID of 1 and the double save were probably causing problems with Episode 3.

The servers now have the Episode 3 lobbies on them, lobbies 16-20. The server doesn't block the 84 packet from being used to get into 16-20 from an Episode 2 client, so I can go in them. Lobbies 17-20 are a black screen to me, but lobby 16 is a glitched version of the Episode 1 battle spaceship.

There is something different from Episode 3 Trial, however. When you search for a user in an Episode 3 lobby, they show up as being in lobby "C1" through "C5", not "16" through "20". I guess they decided to rename the lobbies. >_<

-- Barubary

ilr2000
Nov 18, 2003, 01:49 PM
HOLY HELL!!!!!!! SWEET MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELL IS FROZEN!! THE ARMEGGEDON HAS BEGUN!!!! PIGS ARE FLYING!!!!

rena-ko
Nov 18, 2003, 01:52 PM
On 2003-11-18 10:27, Barubary6 wrote:
What Sonic Team has done is actually just set up the Episode 3 servers as the Episode 2 servers. The Episode 3 server is the latest version of the server program.

I believe that the changes they've made are much more to do with Episode 3 than any kind of customer service. The initial ID of 1 and the double save were probably causing problems with Episode 3.

The servers now have the Episode 3 lobbies on them, lobbies 16-20. The server doesn't block the 84 packet from being used to get into 16-20 from an Episode 2 client, so I can go in them. Lobbies 17-20 are a black screen to me, but lobby 16 is a glitched version of the Episode 1 battle spaceship.

There is something different from Episode 3 Trial, however. When you search for a user in an Episode 3 lobby, they show up as being in lobby "C1" through "C5", not "16" through "20". I guess they decided to rename the lobbies. >_<

-- Barubary

interesting to know...
we should have known that there's a simple reason like this behind freeing everyone from the doublesave-idiotism.

good work, barubary

ilr2000
Nov 18, 2003, 02:00 PM

Damnit!! For a second I thought ST might have actually done something nice... but now they just look like bigger assholes than before. At least its better....

anwserman
Nov 18, 2003, 03:17 PM
On 2003-11-18 11:00, ilr2000 wrote:

Damnit!! For a second I thought ST might have actually done something nice... but now they just look like bigger assholes than before. At least its better....

It is just a theory, we don't know whether or not ST did it just because of Ep.3. More then likely, yes, but until ST says "We fixed it not because of our pissed off customers, but rather to fix problems that Ep.3 was having", keep up a positive attitude. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

satoshi1
Nov 18, 2003, 03:29 PM
This is awesome. I got corrupted once, almost twice, but it hopefully won't happen ever again, it's good to see something good, even if getting rid of the double save wasn't Sonic Team's main goal.

-STE-
Nov 18, 2003, 03:35 PM
Trial Episode 3 didnt save 2 times when you enter in team and i never frezzed in lobby too on trial.

http://www.phantasystaronline.it/episode3/snap/12.png

Lobby was renamed maybe for call its card lobby like on trial.

Primrose
Nov 18, 2003, 04:03 PM
Funny,
recently i wrote an E-Mail to Sonic Team after my second data got corrupted, regarding the double save feature.
A few days later PSOW announces that the feature has been removed. Coincidence?
I might reconsider my decision about not going online anymore...
Ill wait and see.

hyper_sonic
Nov 18, 2003, 04:36 PM
WOOHOO!!!! now I don't have to constantly worry about all my chars just dissappearing! nice.....well, time to go online! lol

Rep0
Nov 18, 2003, 05:07 PM
Awesome. So, this means that corruption is COMPLETY gone?

Aphrodite2003
Nov 18, 2003, 05:14 PM
Sadly, No. U can still freeze up on the first save,BUTTTTT, it cuts the chances down in half because there is not a double save now. Or atleast this is how i picture it.

Kupi
Nov 18, 2003, 05:33 PM
As I hear it, most FSODs that occured upon joining the game were timed such that you FSODed during the second save. FSODing earlier than that is extremely rare.

EvilNixon666
Nov 18, 2003, 06:21 PM
I might actually get back online because of this. It's great news. I was annoyed by hacking and multi-equipping and such, but corruption was my main issue. The rest are avoidable.

MasterJoel
Nov 18, 2003, 06:22 PM
neither i, nor anyone i play with was corrupted in that fashion, the second save. it couldn't have been that common then. in all actually, i'm a bit disappointed that the old method of duping items has become doable again. sonic team just needs to fix everything, even if it takes a lot of time, so we can have a glitch free game.

Getintothegame
Nov 18, 2003, 07:00 PM
Yay.
One more way to dupe...

But, like heyf00l said, its easier to shop dupe than to lag dupe.

No more corruption!

Maybe they messed up, though? Like they did it on accident? Its not like ST to do something like this.

KaFKa
Nov 18, 2003, 07:06 PM
this is true, it just might have been them screwing up on the server and forgetting to reset the double-save (that sounded really stupid)

jello44
Nov 18, 2003, 07:09 PM
wait, the shop dupe is still in GC PSO? heh. That was easy once you got the hang of it, heh.

Getintothegame
Nov 18, 2003, 07:09 PM
But I also agree with Barubary. Earlier I was going to post saying that they most likely removed it because of Episode 3.

Getintothegame
Nov 18, 2003, 07:11 PM
On 2003-11-18 16:09, jello44 wrote:
wait, the shop dupe is still in GC PSO? heh. That was easy once you got the hang of it, heh.

Yes, the shop dupe is still in GC PSO. Baru once said that they can patch it online, but not offline.

Zer0Veloc1ty
Nov 18, 2003, 07:26 PM
HEY Why cant we just stop thinking about things like this and start to enjoy the game now just play all you want and no worries of FSOD-X or FSOD! ^_^

Jake HUmar/Lv 74/ Rare mag/non duper/fair player/

JohanCC
Nov 18, 2003, 07:39 PM
On 2003-11-18 16:26, Zer0Veloc1ty wrote:
HEY Why cant we just stop thinking about things like this and start to enjoy the game now just play all you want and no worries of FSOD-X or FSOD! ^_^

Jake HUmar/Lv 74/ Rare mag/non duper/fair player/

Hate to burst your bubble, but FSOD and FSOD-X still are out there, its just that less saves mean less chances to get an FSOD during a save.

AUTO_
Nov 18, 2003, 07:59 PM
On 2003-11-18 16:39, JohanCC wrote:

Hate to burst your bubble, but FSOD and FSOD-X still are out there, its just that less saves mean less chances to get an FSOD during a save.

Getting FSOD-X without the double save is extremely unlikely and is never reported.

Previously corruption was either from FSOD-X during the double save, or the fault of the actual gamer (like tampering with it or shutting off the game while it's saving).

Lobby FSOD will still be here though to keep us company.

Sepheroth
Nov 18, 2003, 09:41 PM
wait, so they patched up the Xbox too?!?!
OH MY GOD, THANK YOU, MY FRYING PAN IS AVENGED!!
*still laments the rude awakining when his game froze for the first time, lost my precious frying pan http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif)

Sick-One
Nov 18, 2003, 11:28 PM
On 2003-11-18 09:27, BonusKun wrote:
Sonic Team seems to have also fixed the glitch where when you create a team your gem is green, its now red as it should be.

~S N K

Okay, I'm glad someone else noticed that.. My friends were like: "Okay, what the hell is he talking about?" Then mocked my "nerdness" which I euphamistically call observative (pun intended). Anyways man, if you see me online hit me up XD (Rated-X) peace.

Nai_Calus
Nov 19, 2003, 12:46 AM
On 2003-11-18 16:59, AUTO_ wrote:

Lobby FSOD will still be here though to keep us company.

I FSODed tonight trying to go between lobbies in Antares 8. I was still carrying all my stuff because I forgot to put it away after the TTF run I'd just done. Lost my Lavis Cannon, my Red Handgun, my Demolition Comet, my Red Partisan and my 50% Master's Gatling.

To which I just rolled my eyes, bought more mates/fluids, and smiled secure in the knowledge of the backup dupes both in my HUmar's bank and on another memcard. >_>

marcus_com
Nov 19, 2003, 03:39 AM
Umm, I played some PSO last night till early this morning (about 0.05). And the Double Save is still there. I have European version og the game and first I played on EU-servers, then JP-servers. A friend of mine playing JP-version on the mentioned servers also took notice of the fact that the Double Save is NOT gone. Have a few other European pals I played woth who can verify this aswell.

Jack
Nov 19, 2003, 05:42 AM
Quiet you, the save is gone. I've just tested it now.

Also, strangely enough, the warps are gone from the lobbies! You can still use them to move between lobbies, but the circle effect is gone!

http://www.geocities.com/jackhunter64/lobby1.txthttp://www.geocities.com/jackhunter64/lobby2.txt

EDIT- OK, seems it was just my TV. They're there on the snaps, but they weren't on the telly. Odd.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jack on 2003-11-19 06:01 ]</font>

Prismball
Nov 19, 2003, 08:54 AM
No more corrupting ow man this is the moment i've been waiting for i was so damn happy the moment i went online i was in 1 of the lobby's for 5 minutes and then.............error

I start up a new game memory corrupted need to delete charachter data files NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO this can't be happening not to me..............but it did

Farewell Prismball 128 humar Purplenum
Teslaball 123 humar redria ( my brother's charachter )
Solidus 64 Racast Whitetill ( friends charachter )
Pride 50 humar skyly (mine)

But time Fly's http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
so i made new charachters hope they don't get corrupted as well ( main charachters )
pride 125 Humar Skyly
prismball 85 Fomar Redria

JDA
Nov 19, 2003, 09:13 AM
Heh - try Gallon's Treachery now.

The second player to join will get the jukebox instead of the first - guess they didn't think of that when they fixed the red/green gem bug.

Malkavian
Nov 19, 2003, 11:18 AM
On 2003-11-19 06:13, JDA wrote:

The second player to join will get the jukebox instead of the first - guess they didn't think of that when they fixed the red/green gem bug.

Lol... so actually the fix messed up more than repair. Then I guess in TTF now is the 1st player the one that gets the codes?

Ethan
Nov 19, 2003, 03:35 PM
YAY! no more double save!

no more double save = less chance of corruption
= less scared to go online because of corruption.

you've all been there...

Katt
Nov 19, 2003, 04:32 PM
yay no more people in the lobbies bitching yippy!

-chugs wine and passes out on a delbiter-

Realm
Nov 19, 2003, 04:38 PM
DingDong The Witch Is Dead!

dark_agenda
Nov 19, 2003, 06:55 PM
ST fixed something?! OMG... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

ilr2000
Nov 19, 2003, 08:20 PM

Wow..that has to be the sloppiest programming I've ever heard of in my entire life. My high school programming teacher would have flunked them.

Link00seven
Nov 19, 2003, 09:41 PM
Awesome. No more double save. I never got hit with FSOD-X, but its nice to know I'd never get corrupted.

About PSO EpIII, Barubary, you say you can acess Lobby's 16-20, is this on the US server, or JP server? I'm curious to know if EpIII JP will connect to the US server from the start, or if Sega will not let EpIII JP users connect to US until US EpIII is released.

Also, about the ID changes, I never knew why it was Red for the creator of a team, but I am so used to it (I never play offline, in my eyes, PSO dont have an offline mode) that now that it's "fixed" I'm going to have a hard time getting used to red being leader now http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif It's been Green=leader ever since PSO DC.

ThaRealest
Nov 19, 2003, 10:16 PM
I have a foot odor problem..I have been trying to use powder but its not working..i dont shower every day ..maybey 3 times a week...i guess im doomed to have stank ass feet for the rrest of my life...any sugestions?

polishedweasel
Nov 19, 2003, 10:57 PM
I wonder when TheRealest will be banned...

But, I noticed the double save was gone, then I wondered why it even mattered to me. I never corrupted....

JDA
Nov 19, 2003, 11:06 PM
On 2003-11-19 17:20, ilr2000 wrote:

Wow..that has to be the sloppiest programming I've ever heard of in my entire life. My high school programming teacher would have flunked them.

It'd be even worse if you could start the quest solo - no-one would have the jukebox then http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Maki_Nomiya
Nov 20, 2003, 08:59 AM
did they really drop that "Double SAve"?? I played yesterday and I saw my Game saves Twice on US ship..

Shimarisu
Nov 20, 2003, 10:14 AM
I've corrupted twice, on two different mem cards, on the first save.

- Shimarisu

SuperDK
Nov 20, 2003, 08:30 PM
Does this mean that it's finally safe to play my high level characters now, without the fear of corruption on my back?

eXo
Nov 21, 2003, 01:50 AM
Hmmm everyone rejoice i guess sega was jealous of blizzard trying to save diablo 2 *lol* but now if they could only do something about the duping http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif still this is a step in the right direction,and enough to make me return http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Superguppie
Nov 21, 2003, 03:43 AM
On 2003-11-20 17:30, SuperDK wrote:
Does this mean that it's finally safe to play my high level characters now, without the fear of corruption on my back?

No it doesn't. The double save was a major risk in the corruption problem. But not the only one...

Ukumi
Nov 21, 2003, 07:30 AM
Im just happy that there is less of a chance for me to corrupt. I have corrupted three times all when my main character was around level 120. As for people doing the lag duping, it was possible to do it with the double save feature.

Barubary6
Nov 21, 2003, 07:46 PM
On 2003-11-19 18:41, Linkooseven wrote:
About PSO EpIII, Barubary, you say you can acess Lobby's 16-20, is this on the US server, or JP server? I'm curious to know if EpIII JP will connect to the US server from the start, or if Sega will not let EpIII JP users connect to US until US EpIII is released.

All servers. Episode 3 users will be allowed on all servers that Episode 2 has right now, including America. When you log on to Episode 2 Japanese, it explains how people with yellow names are Episode 3 players.

Also, about the ID changes, I never knew why it was Red for the creator of a team, but I am so used to it (I never play offline, in my eyes, PSO dont have an offline mode) that now that it's "fixed" I'm going to have a hard time getting used to red being leader now http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif It's been Green=leader ever since PSO DC.

I think you meant green... This bug is very obvious if you look at the old way at the packet level. In the list of slots there was a missing entry for the first user. >_<

As for the quest differences, don't forget that the leader need not always be green in the original server! If the leader left, red would be leader, creating the exact same scenario as occurs now.

-- Barubary

JDA
Nov 21, 2003, 09:00 PM
On 2003-11-21 16:46, Barubary6 wrote:

As for the quest differences, don't forget that the leader need not always be green in the original server! If the leader left, red would be leader, creating the exact same scenario as occurs now.

-- Barubary

...and losing you the jukebox if you're on Gallon's Treachery - I've had that happen too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

zimmk2vgc
Nov 22, 2003, 02:03 PM
Ive never had a problem with the double save feature myself. But does this mean the save logo doesnt come up when you go into a game or what?

Maki_Nomiya
Nov 23, 2003, 06:26 PM
for 8šTime on lot of pso forums, ITS DOUBLE SAVE REALLY GONE? SEEMS NO Where did ppl saw it gone?? my game save ALLWAYS.

Maki Nomiya

Pd: *Prays someone reply*

AquaFlare7
Nov 23, 2003, 08:54 PM
it saves twice when you enter a game, once before you spawn and once after, now it only does it once

Maki_Nomiya
Nov 23, 2003, 09:07 PM
Mine saves twice, once I enter, and a second time after that first saved, as allwayssI noticed more ppl had this, we PAL version, maybe bug? i dunno, but my game and my friends ones save 2 times when u enter on team x_x

Link00seven
Nov 23, 2003, 09:18 PM
On 2003-11-21 16:46, Barubary6 wrote:

On 2003-11-19 18:41, Linkooseven wrote:

All servers. Episode 3 users will be allowed on all servers that Episode 2 has right now, including America. When you log on to Episode 2 Japanese, it explains how people with yellow names are Episode 3 players.

Awesome! That means that a Ver 1.0 isnt going to happen at all again http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif It also means we can set up our import block meeting place in either JP, US or EU server.

I think you meant green...

-- Barubary

Yeah, I meant green. About about people leaving, yeah, that is true. I overlooked that red could be leader if green player left. Slipped my mind http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Thanks for the info, Barubary.

Barubary6
Nov 24, 2003, 12:33 AM
On 2003-11-23 18:07, Maki_Nomiya wrote:
Mine saves twice, once I enter, and a second time after that first saved, as allwayssI noticed more ppl had this, we PAL version, maybe bug? i dunno, but my game and my friends ones save 2 times when u enter on team x_x

This is worth looking into - maybe the European version has double save built into the client rather than the server?

-- Barubary

Superguppie
Nov 24, 2003, 05:15 AM
On 2003-11-23 18:07, Maki_Nomiya wrote:

that's really weird. I play the PAL version too, and online I really have only 1 save when entering a team...
I'll double check it tonight.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2003-11-24 02:17 ]</font>

Rapture
Nov 24, 2003, 06:20 AM
It saved twice last night when i was on but on Friday it saved only once. Strange eh?

Jack
Nov 24, 2003, 07:45 AM
I've never got a second save after the last maintenance. My language is set to English, if that makes any difference.

Maki_Nomiya
Nov 24, 2003, 11:06 AM
Dunno.. I will check..

TiRune
Nov 24, 2003, 12:07 PM
I sometimes have 2 and sometimes 1 save.... weird

Link00seven
Nov 24, 2003, 06:11 PM
I've only had one save since Double Save was removed.

I play JP version 1.1 btw.

Superguppie
Nov 25, 2003, 03:29 AM
Hm, this is getting weird indeed. I haven't had a double save at all except when entering a team. When entering a team it usualy saves once, but sometimes twice. The cases it saves twice are usualy when the ppl already in the team greet me immediately. Maybe it does always do 2 saves, but normaly so close together I don't notice the difference. This seems to go for both the 50Hz and the 60Hz EU servers...

Balbarei
Nov 25, 2003, 04:28 AM
darn, i still got 2 saves its annoying http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Link00seven
Nov 25, 2003, 09:58 AM
I think it's something either with the EU client or server.

Do you guys get 2 saves on US and JP servers too? In that case, I think it might be something with the EU DNS server, or log in server.

Mixfortune
Nov 26, 2003, 05:52 PM
Hmm... I had never experienced a corruption, but a few hours after hearing about the double save being removed, my entire card was corrupted while doing Gallon's Treachery.

I had done the quest a number of times, and it corrupted me when I had moved between the first Ruins section and the second Ruins section (the one where the blue ghost chases you).

That was definitely not pleasing...

I wasn't tampering with the memory card or anything, so there are definitely other ways you could end up corrupted. Good luck.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2003-11-26 14:53 ]</font>

Khabarakh
Nov 29, 2003, 09:58 PM
Hmmm. I guess thats great news, although I myself have never been afflicted by courruption. What I don't understand is why there were two saves in the first place.

satoshi1
Nov 30, 2003, 03:30 PM
On 2003-11-29 18:58, Khabarakh wrote:
What I don't understand is why there were two saves in the first place.

To "prevent duping." Though it never quite worked...

AynRand
Nov 30, 2003, 04:05 PM
I use jp ver1.1 only have one save now

- 2nd save before was put in to stop(try to) lag dupe

Kazzi
Dec 2, 2003, 06:47 PM
Sadly it isn't going to bring back my characters after corruption ;__; I'm planning on playing PSO tommorow now, i havnt played online since... Early june I think O.o; May probebly.

I hope it doesnt' double save on the EU aswell!

BLACK_HOUND
Dec 3, 2003, 05:42 PM
how was double save supposed to stop duping any way

Skorpius
Dec 3, 2003, 05:48 PM
has anyone ever thought that maybe its not the double save that is the cause of corruption, but a persons lousy connection at the moment?
in all fairness, id probably complain about my ISP than about SonicTeam.

JohanCC
Dec 3, 2003, 07:21 PM
When you get FSOD, its because the disc stops reading. It's a problem of ST and your ISP, but if there's no second save to get caught FSODing on, your chances of corruption are cut down 99%.

graybandit199
Dec 3, 2003, 07:53 PM
i hate to burst your bubble, but double save is back up again. @!*#

Superguppie
Dec 4, 2003, 04:10 AM
On 2003-12-03 14:48, Skorpius wrote:
has anyone ever thought that maybe its not the double save that is the cause of corruption, but a persons lousy connection at the moment?
in all fairness, id probably complain about my ISP than about SonicTeam.

On the internet you are never sure of your connection. TCP/IP is based on that. And any program connecting to the internet should take that unreliable aspect of the connection into account. So, bad connection can be an ISP problem. However, a problem can also occur outside the range of influence of the ISP. ST doesn't control the connection, but should make the program solid enough to not have it cause problems.
Also, it is possible to force FSOD on someone. And that IS a bug ST is to blame for.

IsaoOkawa
Dec 4, 2003, 12:59 PM
the double save is not gone at all I just get Fsodx yesterday when the game was doing the double saving and I restart my GC and my file was Corupted so they still havent FIX IT !! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

IsaoOkawa
Dec 4, 2003, 01:01 PM
and I was lv 150 !!!

Mystil
Dec 4, 2003, 03:00 PM
Oh well.

I believe this satisfies some certain people who've posted in this thread. I wont say who though.

Being negative is the beign of all evil, that's all I have to say.

Long live, PSO still.

Alighieri
Dec 4, 2003, 03:25 PM
I lost two of my chars some time ago..due to the memory card problem but nonetheless, they`re gone. Such a loss can really be a pain.

rockey93
Dec 4, 2003, 10:28 PM
glad the thing is gone....but the corrupt char stuff is not as bad...but still happens...well in time i hope it stops...i lost 2 chars on the corrupt deal a 156 and 167...dam i was mad as hell

Superguppie
Dec 5, 2003, 03:32 AM
On 2003-12-04 09:59, IsaoOkawa wrote:
the double save is not gone at all I just get Fsodx yesterday when the game was doing the double saving and I restart my GC and my file was Corupted so they still havent FIX IT !! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Double save is NOT the cause of FSOD-X. It only doubles the risk of getting FSOD-X. Removing the double save only halves the risk again...

ThatOneGuy
Jan 8, 2004, 04:58 PM
so is it gone? or still there? i need to know because i was planning to go online this weekend and if the double save is still there i probably wont

Jack
Jan 8, 2004, 05:21 PM
Did you really need to bump this older topic? Anyway, some people seem to still get it. I've not got it since it was taken off. I'm on the EU version.

KaFKa
Jan 8, 2004, 05:26 PM
FUCKING BUMP LIKE WHOA!!!!!!?????!?!?!?!?!!?oneoneone

i motion this thread be locked and killed before these kiddos spam it...

JohanCC
Jan 8, 2004, 05:39 PM
The topics not really that old... but the bump was still pointless.

Oh, and BTW Double Save is still on now http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Dhylec
Jan 8, 2004, 05:59 PM
On 2004-01-08 13:58, ThatOneGuy wrote:
so is it gone? or still there? i need to know because i was planning to go online this weekend and if the double save is still there i probably wont

ah another bump!
your answers could have been found by reading the others's responds, no need to bump this old topic
read: http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=67583&forum=1&0

going down!